how short is too short?

Gromnir

"Only the US Xbox version was released at that time."

That doesn't change anything nor does it prove your point in any way.

Dont have to prove anything it's a matter of fact that LA pushed the game forward.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Except in this case, when KOTOR2 was announced, Christmas time was the due date then it got pushed back til February then only the x-box version got moved back up to Christmas. So, your analogy doesn't work as clearly as you think.

Only the US Xbox version was released at that time.

They still need to have it done by then.

After pushing it back first. Afterall, it was scheduled to come out at Christmas time... and, it did...

Game over.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

After pushing it back first. Afterall, it was scheduled to come out at Christmas time... and, it did...

Game over.

Dosnt matter. It was still time they were promised by never got.

You don't grant people an extention then take it away.

Now if they had an extention then still didnt complete. Thats a different matter.

LA saw it as near enough complete to.

A. Capitalise on the holiday rush.

B. Not interfere with the glut of RotS games which were coming out in feb/march.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

"You don't grant people an extention then take it away."

If they all felt the game was done, and no longer needed the extension then absolutely you do.

Or you have a situation like Bl where the game sits there playing tiddlywinks (or so we're told) while waiting for the go ahead to release even though it's 'done'.

That's silly.

Game over.

"You don't grant people an extention then take it away."

If they all felt the game was done, and no longer needed the extension then absolutely you do.

Or you have a situation like Bl where the game sits there playing tiddlywinks (or so we're told) while waiting for the go ahead to release even though it's 'done'.

That's silly.

Game over.

Do you think the game was done?

I'd hardly call Bloodlines done either. But thats besides the point. It's much better for a publisher to hold on to a complete game and wait for a window of release. Than to push out an unpolished game in an effort to meet a window of release.

478327[/snapback]

Game over.

Dosnt matter. It was still time they were promised by never got.

You don't grant people an extention then take it away.

Now if they had an extention then still didnt complete. Thats a different matter.

LA saw it as near enough complete to.

A. Capitalise on the holiday rush.

B. Not interfere with the glut of RotS games which were coming out in feb/march.

SP wins Volo. LA was only looking out for themselves, make the quick buck. With Christmas around the corner, it would make for a good time to release a game and make a lot of money from it.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

They were given an original time frame to complete their project and extended themselves beyond their means, by their own admission, on multiple accounts. One might say that was to protect themselves from LA's lawyers, but there's truth to it.

That's it...the change to the schedule came much later on in development, so it really doesn't have as much weight as it seems to be getting.

These guys are used to longer dev cycles, and it shows. That's not a fault normally, but to take on a full title with a small window of time to create it, was not a good idea.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

But this really doesn't helps them in the longrun...

They *seem* to have noticed and try to milk Star Wars less, but only time will tell...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

some points of clarification:

1) KOTOR 2 was not just released early to make more money during Christmas. It was released early to make room for the spring release of the Epi III game. They felt they couldn't have 2 lightsaber-focused games going on at the same time.

2) the KOTOR 3 team (which was an internal, LA team) was fired while KOTOR 2 was still in development. KOTOR 2's lack of post-production support (along with an early release date) suggests a form of sabotage by disgruntled folk at LA.

"KOTOR 2's lack of post-production support (along with an early release date) suggests a form of sabotage by disgruntled folk at LA."

No. No, it doesn/ Only Obsidian fanboys would suggest such a things. I seriosuly doubt LA would sabatoge their own game. Besdies, if they were trying to sabatoge it, they did a poor job of it consideirng how much it sold.

Edited by Volourn

Face it...they did.

Otherwise explain the patches debacle... and OE's big role in it...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Face it...they did.

Otherwise explain the patches debacle... and OE's big role in it...

It dosnt make sense to sabotage your own product. However they may have felt that by changing the PC version they were going to annoy the Xbox user base, who they see as more important.

Same deal with the US and EU versions of the game. To radically change the EU version would have caused an uproar. It's funny that these compliants didnt actually surface until the PC version was released and by which time the "golden" sales period of the US Xbox version would have been way over.

In such a situation, playing it lo key and just letting it get forgotten does make some sense from LA's perspective.

478327[/snapback]

"KOTOR 2's lack of post-production support (along with an early release date) suggests a form of sabotage by disgruntled folk at LA."

No. No, it doesn/ Only Obsidian fanboys would suggest such a things. I seriosuly doubt LA would sabatoge their own game. Besdies, if they were trying to sabatoge it, they did a poor job of it consideirng how much it sold.

Of course they would and did.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Well, I just sent out emails to IGN, Gamebanshee, and Gamespy. I guess I'll write some snail mail to PCGamer and Computer Gaming World tomorrow. Frankly, I have no idea where to start. Still, it doesn't cost me anything to ask and I'm sure someone has to be interested in the answer to this particular question.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I'm going to bankrupt you at this rate. Anyhow, I'm going to keep wasting my time because I think it's a valid question.

Of course, I'm going to render my own opinion worthless by saying I'm pre-ordering the title. Still, I hope some of these damned folks hold Obsidian's feet to the fire.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Sure, this is truly a pointless gesture, but I guess I've got time to waste. Also, I can't game as my desktop bit it and I'm waiting on replacement parts.

So, nothing better to do than waste everyone's time by asking questions.

Obsidian Plays