NWN2 only 20 hours long?

Meshugger

The devs already pointed out that story/writing is technically done. One wonders in a way if what happened with KOTOR2 is actually a contributing factor in a potential shortening of NWN2. Heh.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

The devs already pointed out that story/writing is technically done. One wonders in a way if what happened with KOTOR2 is actually a contributing factor in a potential shortening of NWN2. Heh.

Learning from your mistakes usually means that you get to do new mistakes. :D

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

"BTW, shortest RPG that I have played was Fable on friends Xbox. 10+ hours."

there is indeed some short console games. am no sure just how short fable were, but that is why Gromnir keeps noting that nwn2 will be shortest pc crpg we has seen since HoW.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

"Learning from your mistakes usually means that you get to do new mistakes."

Which is already a step up from stagnation. Though, I guess some people like the status quo of mediocrity, since it's pretty subjective.

Edited by Llyranor

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

The length of NWN2 (whatever its true hours wind up being) has very recently been modified based on what is an acceptable level of quality for Obsidian. That is, we want to make certain that every area that goes into the finished game has a high level of quality from art and design and that every area has a healthy amount of testing.

And we are very aware of how gamers received the end of KotOR2.

And just out of curiosity, gromnie, how much did it take you to finish FO, and how satisfied were you with it?

as fate would have it, we actually played fo after we played fo2. am not sure how many hours we got (seemed like more than 20 though... but keep in mind tht Gromnir got more than 40 from kotor2, and more than 20 from JE before we quit at halfway point,) but we were more than a little disappointed. no doubt fo were really revolutionary when it were first released, but for us it were a follo-up game... and a short and poorly balanced one at that. is one of the resosn we always list fo2 ahead of fo on our favorites lists.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

oh, and 'cause Gromnir has already enamored himself to the obsidian folks with our complaints, we feels it incumbent to ask how many levels can we expect to gets in nwn2? personally, we don't mind fast levels in crpgs and d&d crpgs in particular, but there is many who felt personally offended at being able to reach level 18 in nwn, an announced 60 hour game. soooooo... level ten in 20 hours? more or less? am curious.

HA! Good Fun!

Somehow I doubt they'd go as extreme as 20 levels in around 20 hours.

I also doubt Grom is going to get his answer.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Doesn't anyone here remember that the OC of NWN is only one aspect of the game?  It's not like other RPG's.  I spent maybe 15 hours on the NWN OC, but I played NWN for at least 300 hours total.  The mod community makes this game special.  NWN2 just needs a kick butt toolset and I'll be happy.

That's a horrible way of looking at things.

It's like saying it's ok for developers to be lazy and take your money because other people will mod the game (to make it playable) for free.

Except it's not easy to release a game engine with a kick butt toolset. I'm saying I'd rather the developers spend time on the toolset than fluffing an OC. There are plenty of single player RPG's out there, but NWN is way more than that. The OC in NWN was weak, and yet we are all infatuated with it. Why?

"Who's "we"? Most people say it sucks."

You are as bad as him with his 'we'. Who is 'most' people?

Whether you like it or not, NWN is/was very popular. If it wasn't we wouldn't be having this thread whining about NWN2.

As for how many levels in hours.. 1 in 2 hours, while poor in pnp si just fine in a SP CRPG. Of course, they should be careful if they are possibly planning an expansion and wnat to continue that particluar storyline with the same character.

Hmmm...

Of course, I remember that really early in development it was said we could reach level 12-15ish... of cours,e at that time the OC was scheduled for 40-60 hours.

LOL

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The OC in NWN was weak, and yet we are all infatuated with it.  Why?

Who's "we"? Most people say it sucks. :p

Are you serious? This is a 10 page thread that started yesterday :rolleyes:

Infatuation doesn't mean love either. It just means you pay too much attention to it. Which you do. Because you keep posting here. Acceptance is the first step.

The OC in NWN was weak, and yet we are all infatuated with it.  Why?

Who's "we"? Most people say it sucks. :geek:

Are you serious? This is a 10 page thread that started yesterday :rolleyes:

:p You do realize :unsure: I hope :unsure: that this thread :unsure: is about NWN2 :unsure: and not the OC of NWN :unsure:

Or are you just trying to win the internet again? (w00t)

Somehow I doubt they'd go as extreme as 20 levels in around 20 hours.

I also doubt Grom is going to get his answer.

we also doubt we is gonna get an answer. however, josh were recently proclaiming his willingness to gives the fanbase hard truth. would not this be one of those situations wherein he coulds prove his mettle?

"Except it's not easy to release a game engine with a kick butt toolset. I'm saying I'd rather the developers spend time on the toolset than fluffing an OC. "

too bad you is in an incredibly small minority. is the biowarians themselves who has noted that less than 10% of all nwn purchasers used any mp aspects of nwn. now personally we likes that nwn had mp aspects, as it kept game playable long after the oc were forgotten, but for 90% or more of purchasers the toolset and mp features were a complete waste. explain to those 90% of nwn2 purchasers that the reason the nwn2 oc is so short is 'cause of the toolset. that is a tough sell.

on the positive side, the nwn2 boards IS at the bio site. when the post-release poop hits the fan it will be at the bio site where the stink lingers. finally some good comes out of that move, eh?

HA! Good Fun!

"Not for it's OC, as Hurlshot would have us all believe"

Yes, for the OC. Most people who bought NWN and its expansions did so for the OCs. This is a fact. This is also why Obsidian has said they're focusing more on the SP than on MP this time around (not to mention, that the MP/tooselt/dm client stuff work was pretty much done anyways).

NWN's popularity is driven by the OC; not by MP contrary to what boardies claim.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.