The thread of world events

Hildegard

You mean you've never heard that theory before? A big part of it has to do with erosion. Some speculate that a lot of the erosion on the Giza Pyramids was due to water, not wind erosion. The last watery period of Egypt was estimated at around the third millenium BC, and some believe the amount of supposed water erosion is enough to date them back at least 2000 years before hand. The oldest theorized age is about 12,000 years from what I've read.

There's more evidence here:

article (scroll down to see section on age)

Also, there's an interesting theory called the Orion correlation theory, which has to do with the alignment of the Pyramids and Orion's belt, shown here

So if this stuff is true, than the Pyramids at Giza are older than the Egyptian civilization itself, meaning they were not built by them. (This actually has to do more with the Giza Pyramids, not the Egyptian Pyramids in general, which I accidentally said above)

Edited by Mothman

Here's an interesting fact for ye: the Egyptian Pyramids could be almost twice as old as expected, which would put their age at about 10,000 years, which predates Egyptian civilization.  Food for thought.

if you believe robert schock and zacharia sitchin, yes... schock is credible, a geologist, and he has put the age of at least the sphinx in the 7500 to 10000 years based on water erosion in the area. there also is zero evidence of the pyramids being built by egyptians anyways...

oh, and i just noticed, mothman is up on the current state of affairs. what he said.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

i think this bosnian thing may lend credence to the claims. maybe there was an advanced civilization on earth long before currently acknowledged. now, the question becomes, what happened to them?

taks

I've heard the "advanced civilization that pre-dates the Egyptians" theory, and the evidence of pyramid-like structures in all the continents (e.g. Ziggurats) ... specifically the Sphinx was changed by the Egyptians, from being a large life-like lion, to a lion with the head of a pharoah (which is out of proportion to the body of the Sphinx).

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I'm waiting for someone to say that all this stuff proves the Stargate hypothesis.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I didn't say who designed them, I said who built them. :devil:"

Humans= slave labor

Aliens= Intelligence behind the Great Pyramids and other great works like Stonehedge.

Didn't you watch Xena? Stonehenge was a temple to the dark god Dahok that was destroyed when Xena defeated the Deliverer. Duh.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Well the Goa'uld are still active...

Led by:

20051026-RiceAsGould.jpg

NOW KNEEL BEFORE YOUR GOD!

h61.jpg

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Zuul ("The Gatekeeper") and Vinz Clortho ("The Keymaster") would have something to say about that ... on behalf of Gozer the Gozerian ...

Zorastrianism? :o

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghostbusters

Gozer the Gozerian

Gozer the Gozerian, also known as Gozer the Destructor, Volguus Zildrohar, and The Traveler is a fictional Sumerian god who is the major supernatural enemy in the film, Ghostbusters. The character's name may have been an in-joke, as gozer in Hebrew means "surgeon who performs circumcisions". (In the actual Sumerian religion a somewhat similar deity is known as Tiamat.)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I've heard the "advanced civilization that pre-dates the Egyptians" theory, and the evidence of pyramid-like structures in all the continents (e.g. Ziggurats) ... specifically the Sphinx was changed by the Egyptians, from being a large life-like lion, to a lion with the head of a pharoah (which is out of proportion to the body of the Sphinx).

the official "egyptologist" stance is that the sphinx was built by the early egyptians and the great pyramid was built by khafre (uh, check that last name). should the erosion theory be right, both were around thousands of years before khafre (or whomever) existed.

taks

PS: never heard of no egypt-ions. :)

Edited by taks

Kufu, it's Kufu.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

according to wiki:

Khafre built the Great Sphinx to guard his tomb, his father's tomb, and his step-brother's tomb. It has the head of Khafre and the body of a lion. -Written by:Karlie Davidson

so i was half right.. :)

taks

Look at the size of that eeny-weeny Pharoah's head:

Great-sphinx-giza.jpg

Hancοck and Bauval

One well-publicised debate2 was generated by the works of two writers, Graham Hancοck and Robert Bauval, in a series of separate and collaborative publications from the late 1980s onwards. Their claims include that the Great Sphinx was constructed in 10,500 BC; that its lion-shape is a definitive reference to the constellation of Leo; and that the layout and orientation of the Sphinx, the Giza pyramid complex and the Nile River is an accurate reflection or "map" of the constellations of Leo, Orion (specifically, Orion's Belt) and the Milky Way, respectively.

Their initial claims regarding the alignment of the Giza pyramids with Orion ("

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Not only that, the rock making up the head seems to have eroded differently than the rock making up the rest of the statue (unless that's just an optical illusion). There's also supposedly a chamber underneath one of the Sphinx's paws that was discovered with sonar, but hasn't been unearthed yet. Edgar Cayce believed this chamber holds the lost records of Atlantis. :)

This stuff doesn't just go for Egypt, either. Just look at the Ancient Aztec and Mayan civilizations, which built pyramidal structures with amazing accuracy and precision. For those of you interested in reading about all these bizarre theories, check out this book:

fingerprints_of_the_gods_lg.gif

Edited by Mothman

I keep telling you, WE are the 'ancients' for the rest of the galaxy. We have to get off this rock and get busy.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.