Heavily armed military is necessary, it's a gamble

MC's bet they best at every

Powerful parable ditties might harm

if tampered with, set off and strike like pipe bombs

Flashbacks to the Duel of the Iron Mic

Look out for these fatal flying spikes, of massive

sleep-holds, put strangle on commercial angle

Microphone cords tangled from being Star Spangled

Now who could ever say they heard of this?

GZA's Liquid Swords is a sweet rap album. Many people "in the know" consider it the finest solo effort by a Wu Tang member. I wouldn't consider myself "in the know" on this particular subject, but I do think Liquid Swords is pretty hot stuff.

Aimee Mann - That's How I Knew This Story Would Break My Heart

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Inspectah Deck's Uncontrolled Substance and Raekwon's Only Built For Cuban Linx are also pretty damn good.

And who can hate the Ol' Dirty Bastard?

Ol' Dirty Bastard - Harlem World

Igor Stravinsky - The Princesses Play with the Golden Apples

GZA's Liquid Swords is a sweet rap album. Many people "in the know" consider it the finest solo effort by a Wu Tang member. I wouldn't consider myself "in the know" on this particular subject, but I do think Liquid Swords is pretty hot stuff.

I heartliy agree! Its rare for a rapper to make a solid album... the formula being 3 songs suitable for MTV and the rest being filler with a chance for one or two good tracks to appear..

Edited by Surreptishus

Breaking Benjamin - I Wish I May

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Premiata Forneria Marconi (PFM) - La Luna Nouva

A lot of their songs are way too gay and ballad-like for prog rock but this one just makes me all happy inside :o)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Alice In Chains - Rooster

Got that in my playlist; Dirt was a great album.

I consider Dirt to be the best album that came out of the Seattle Grunge scene. But hey, what do I know? I still like Pearl Jam and they OMGZ DINGOING SOLD OUT.

Skyclad - Sins Of Emission

Edited by TrueNeutral

You know, even though they're a mind-bendingly mediocre band, well the only *good* grunge bands were Tad and Mudhoney, Pearl Jam have always been pretty far from selling out in any conventional sense.

Listening to Pearl Jam now, it occurs to me that the closest they ever got to a great album was Vs.

And the Do the Evolution video is fantastic and easily justifies their entire existence as a band.

The Jesus Lizard - Rodeo In Joliet

What I liked best about Grunge was that it killed most of the hair metal bands. For a decade or so, at least.

Talking Heads - Psycho Killer

que-est ce c'est?

fa fa fa faa fa fa faa fa faa faa

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Yeah but it (involuntarily) spawned post-grunge, I mean bands like:

Creed

Silverchair

Goo Goo Dolls

Godsmack

Matchbox Twenty

Nickelback

Alter Bridge

Honestly, it's angst-ridden rubbish, at least hair metal was fun.

NOFX - The Decline

Edited by Baley

You know, even though they're a mind-bendingly mediocre band, well the only *good* grunge bands were Tad and Mudhoney, Pearl Jam have always been pretty far from selling out in any conventional sense.

Listening to Pearl Jam now, it occurs to me that the closest they ever got to a great album was Vs.

Yeah, the 'selling out' thing was sarcasm. I don't see how they sold out either.

Vs. is definately my favourite.

I grew up as an accidental grunge child, but the only grunge that ever really came to Holland were the big four (only three of whom I like, Nirvana pretty much sucks). When I really got into music and wanted to look into more grunge it was too late. Mudhoney, Green River, Mother Love Bone. Their music is entirely impossible to find here.

Finntroll - Trollhammaren (god, Finntroll is hilarous)

EDIT: Also, Alter Bridge isn't that bad, in my opinion. It strikes me that Scott Stapp was most of the reason as to why Creed was so damned horrible. With Alter Bridge they're exploring a more 'metal' side, stopped downtuning their guitars, and actually made some slightly uplifting songs (One Day Remains doesn't strike me as particularely angsty).

Edited by TrueNeutral

You Got It (Keep It Out Of My Face) - Mudhoney

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

And The Same - Fugazi

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Filthy Thievin' Bastards - Hopeless Vows

To this day, I get the Goo Goo Dolls and the Gin Blossoms confused. I just can't differentiate between them.

Edited by Darth Drabek

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs