Currently Listening To

Baley

Fine by me,

Kris Kristofferson - To Beat The Devil

Excellent song. I think I'll have to listen to "Sunday Mornin' Comin' Down." It's one of my old time, all time favorites.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Frank Black -- On the Henry Rollins show

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

@Eldar: I woke up Sunday mornin' with no way to hold my head that didn't hurt.

And the beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad, so I had one more for dessert.

@Laozi: What's up with Frank Black? Was he a musical guest or does Henry Rollins interview folks on this show of his?

I saw Rollins Band on the Nice tour... How's his talk show? It's probably on cable, so I won't be able to watch it, but I bet it's pretty cool anyway.

Badfinger - What You Are

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Its the same thing with Manowar and Dragonforce and Alabama Thunderpussy, etc. You are not supposed to. Laugh.

The Mist and the Morning Dew - Child of April Sun

Doom. Obviously.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

No, I know Power Metal is not to be taken seriously. This is why I quite adore Manowar, Blind Guardian, Kamelot, etc.

BUT HIS VOCALS JUST ANNOY THE [/i]SNOT[/i] OUT OF ME

EDIT: WORDFILTER **** **** GODDAMMIT DIE YOU ****. Why can't you just let me talk the way I talk!? Political correctness is the hiding tool of a NAZI.

Edited by TrueNeutral

Try to listen to Korpiklaani. That singing is ****ing annoying.

Hrmm, ok. You are the official board tough kid **** thingamajic. Happier now?

Vintersorg - Sv

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

I'm not doing this to sound tough. It's just, I grew up around people who cursed, and that is how I talk, and how most people I know talk. I find it utterly weak that we're not allowed to talk that way. After all, every word, if given the right emotional charge, can mean the same thing.

People who don't curse when you know they want to or they usually do? They have something to hide. They either know something, are trying to get something out of you, or are trying to bluntly **** you over. That's basically the gist of it. Not cursing makes you an ****.

Those soccer moms who censor every bit of cursing and get indignant about it? They're all secretly devil worshippers.

Skyclad - Land Of The Rising Slum

Edited by TrueNeutral

After all, every word, if given the right emotional charge, can mean the same thing.

Then why must you do it?

"Profanity is the effort of an ignorant man to express himself forcefully."

I forget who said that. Some smart*** mother******, probably. :)

Edit:

Queens of the Stone Age - Mosquito Song

Edited by Darth Drabek

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Uh-huh.

And bypassing the filter is sooo much better. Creativity, amigos.

Brujeria - Marcha de Oido

kirottu said:

Nah. Not me :)

Moonsorrow - Pime

kirottu said:

I didn't entirely disagree with TrueNeutral until I got to this part of his post:

People who don't curse when you know they want to or they usually do? They have something to hide. They either know something, are trying to get something out of you, or are trying to bluntly **** you over. That's basically the gist of it. Not cursing makes you an ****.

I didn't entirely disagree with TrueNeutral until I got to this part of his post:

Just when I didn't think I could make it any more blatant, I added the sentence that comes after it. And you still don't see it. Fans of the english language would have recognized that sentence as hyperbole. (where have I heard that sentence before recently? hmm...)

Pearl Jam - Indifference

Edited by TrueNeutral

I fail to see how comments of soccer moms were related. Especially, as fans of the english language would have recognized, you separated the points with a new paragraph (commonly used to indicate a shift in topic).

Furthermore, fans of the internet have long since recognized that such things as hyperbole are poorly translated in written form. It's one of the main catalysts behind the explosion in emoticon use.

Yet, by simply reading it, you could have seen that they were related. The paragraph is used to indicate many things, not just shift in topic. In this case, it was used for dramatic effect as to demonstrate with extra clarity that the following is, or is at least comparable to, a punchline.

demonstrate with extra clarity

Excellent job.

Going into a diatribe about people that reserve their swears as hiding something. The only hyperbole I see is the comment about the soccer moms. Even then, if it is just hyperbole, then you still believe it, even to a lesser extent.

I do believe it, to some extent. The emphasis should be laid on the part that says that you should clearly know they want to swear. Because if you don't do something you want to do, you have a reason for not doing that.

Currently listening to - Deerhoof - Chatterboxes