The online campain thread

That too. Right now my mind is just conjuring up images of Horace = Pippin, Dhothlar = Joe Average Sturdy Fighter, Nick = Invisible but Probably A Druid Of Some Sort and Errol = A Walking Phallus With A Mouth.

"our imagination is limited only by the GMs imagination, even with an idiot, this still destroys NWN"

Ouch.  I might not be the brightest, but Nick!

Hey! I wasn't calling YOU an idiot, esspesally with the amount of crap you let us get away with. My point was that even with an evil tyrant GM who murders us for having fun, the combat still destroys anything offered by CRPGs.

I mean, hell, we spent 30 minutes fighting a freating plant. In NWN or BG or whatever, that same battle would have taken 12 seconds and have been completely irrelivent.

Llyranor rolling a perfect 20 on his trip attack to hit, then failing the roll to actually make the trip was way more intense than anything i've experianced in a CRPG, and it was nothing but a freaking trip attack.

For a further example, me casting 'create water' on the second cat in the hope that it would slow it down enough to give us an advantage. I COULD have just shot the thing, and with a critical I could have killed it in one hit, but I took the gambit that with the freedom to essentially 'do what I want', I might as well use said freedom. Which is the same freedom that has me sitting on a camel rather than an actually useful animal companion, both of which could have been vetoed by a dictator GM, but both of which would have been impossible in a CRPG.

Take it from me, the fact that Llyranor and I arn't doing everything in our power to break the game from the inside means that we appresiate the GMing.

If you were a moron, we'd all be dead.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I was mostly being funny.

I thought the water idea was ingenious. In fact, one of my sisters read the transcript and she thought it was damned funny and ingenious. The best thing about it was that it led to some funny conversations even though it didn't do someone for the battle.

I just wasn't quick enough. I tried to think of something it could have done, but the best I could think of was one round of confusion, against which I decided. A good decision? Dunno. You have to make so many of them when you run a game, some are bound to be bad.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Llyranor rolling a perfect 20 on his trip attack to hit, then failing the roll to actually make the trip was way more intense than anything i've experianced in a CRPG, and it was nothing but a freaking trip attack.

:lol:

Take it from me, the fact that Llyranor and I arn't doing everything in our power to break the game from the inside means that we appresiate the GMing.

If you were a moron, we'd all be dead.

I appreciate the GMing too. Keep it up Eldar, we're having fun :thumbsup:

Yeah, once a week is going to make it go quite slow, but I guess it's too hard to time any weekday sessions.

Eldar is good GM though.

Why did I go to the posting screen again?

Answer my question.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Totally unmotivated rant:

Ok, I just read the transcript. My intentions when coming to this thread was to make fun of you nerds, but after reading through it all, it actually seemed like a lot of fun.

Baley seemed to be a problem early on, but he got a lot better at staying in character as the game went on. Eldar is dry as a martini on the boards (no offence intended) but as a dungeon master he's calm and relaxed and probably one of the few person on this earth that could handle a gang like that. The Brainless Twins (Nick/Llyr) are just as stupid in the game as they are on these boards, but in the game it seems to work. Unlike their presence on the boards, in the game they're actually funny. Sometimes. Horace and Arcalis are probably seasoned RPG'ers as they looked totally in control.

Anyhow, even though I'm in no way connected to the game, it'll be fun to read the further adventures of the Talentless Bunch & **** Boy.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

That was the best back-handed compliment I've ever received. hahaha

Oops, I have to hide.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

The game has started.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Horace and Arcalis are probably seasoned RPG'ers as they looked totally in control.

Since that was my first pnp session evar, I shall now proceed to feel all lovey-dovey towards our somewhere-scandinavian-quite-possibly-mkreku. ;)

If Friday, I'd prefer us to start 6pm at the latest? Or do people want a late night session? I'd have to leave around 9 or 10. (all times EDT)

Edited by Tigranes

In terms of adding RP into the game, what's going to be the deal?

New character that we pick up back at the inn (since we have an excuse to head back there with mr.dead hobbit), or some other setup?

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)