The online campain thread

Well who has a job/full school day/etc that rules them out? Disregarding everything I'd want 11am PST or around there, but that's probably the worst time for most. :p

Actually, that works for me very well. I have some stuff arriving tomorrow and having the late afternoon to work on it will be quite good.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

AH, sorry to ruin it, but i have class at that time. I'll get home around 2:00pm (or maybe even 1:30) and could stay for the rest of the time.

Hm, that's not very good. If you mean 2pm PST, I'd probably have to leave soon after Blank arrives. It might have to be that either one of us miss out, or we both miss out halves (or something).

Okay, in California, we're in Pacific Daylight Time right now.

Here's a compromise, we can start in time for Tigranes to participate and then have a little overlap for Blank and then continue a little after Blank leaves. That way everyone can play and we accomodate the most players. I'd also like to see RP there.

As far as RP goes, I have a plan. Please tell me what you think. I'd like you guys to participate in decisions of this sort.

Okay, Role Player can create a character. Six people means that there should be five characters in the game at every moment without being forced to NPC any player character. I'll give experience to all living characters equally across the board. So, when RP is there, his character will be the same level as everyone else. The downside is that, when he is absent, he won't have a say in splitting the loot and he clearly can't give his opinion about the party's overarching goals if he isn't there.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Okay, in California, we're in Pacific Daylight Time right now.

Here's a compromise, we can start in time for Tigranes to participate and then have a little overlap for Blank and then continue a little after Blank leaves.  That way everyone can play and we accomodate the most players.  I'd also like to see RP there.

Hmm, does Horace have to be healed back at the inn? Because if that is the case, we can have him wait there for the first while or something. and when I come we'll have a pooping contest? I mean, we'll somehow get him over to the party? Or we can all hang out at the inn and RP, since there hasn't been as much of that. Horace will be pooping in the meantime, like, he ate a gnarly tentacle casserole.

You mean, a little after I leave. I am willing to do that, and Blank could leave a little early too. :p So maybe 11am or Noon PDT.

Six people means that there should be five characters in the game at every moment without being forced to NPC any player character.

Explain that to me again, Eldar? RP is playing his own, new char, right?

Blank, I think we would be staying at the inn and RPing for a while.

Yes, I was thinking RP creates his own character. Every character receives experience equally, there or not. Characters move in and out of the game as the players are able to participate. How does that sound?

Obsidian Plays

I don't care if we stuff him in a pillow case and haul him around on the end of a stick like a hobo's bundle. I just want everyone to work with in terms of moving characters in and out of the campaign. We still need a definite time to begin play tomorrow.

Obsidian Plays

noon it is. Here's hoping Nick can make it.

I'm betting the camel outlives all of you.

Obsidian Plays

3 hours and 20 minutes.

...And I'm glad you're going to make it Baley. The party can certainly use a good bard.

Obsidian Plays

huzzah! I know how exams can be.

Here's your current situation:

It's getting dark.

The elf can see in low light conditions, much like a cat. The humans and hobbit can only see in lighted conditions.

You've been traveling away from the road for a couple of hours.

Horace is unconscious, although he's no longer losing blood.

Landmarks tend to escape notice until you're almost upon them. Travel, especially in the dark, will be dangerous.

The foothills are also apparently dangerous as evidenced by the cat attack.

You have a wounded hobbit, a wounded horse, and two dead cats.

I plan on granting experience this session, but the manner in which I award experience and how much depends on what you decide to do.

Obsidian Plays