Restoring Kotor 1 Cut Content?

Hi All, Im just curious as to whether there is a mod out there that restores some missing content in Kotor 1 in a similar fassion to the TSL restoration project. I only ask because I am suprised that Canderous and Juhani dont have any dialogues with each other, and considering that Juhani hates the mandalorians, Im surprised there isnt any tensions or conflict. I remember reading somewhere (dont ask where, it was a while ago, tho I think It was in a topic in the Kotor 1 forum about missing content) that it was intended to have a conflict, and that Revan would have to choose between canderous or juhani. I am only asking of restoring cut content that the devs left in the game folders ala Obsidien, not making stuff up. Cheers.

We know now that Canderous can't end up dead for continuity's sake

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

We know now that Canderous can't end up dead for continuity's sake

not nescessarily, I mean Mandalore is only a title like "General" or something, so anyone could be Mandalore, it just wouldnt be Canderous. As to account for the voice, well, I suppose one could argue that since all Tweeliks and Rodians sound the same, so could the mandalorians :ermm:

Edit: I dont want to start a "Canderous Must be Mandalore" Thread, I only asked this as there is a project for Kotor 2 in the works, and I was wondering if there was something similar for the original kotor :cool: .

Edited by aerowars617

None. The only cut-content restored was Dead-Eye Duncan on Manaan, extra dialogue for Carth post-Leviathan (if PC is female) and DS Female Revan killing Bastila and dieing with Carth on the Star Forge. Everything else that even been found in it's files can't be restored since there isn't much there. Though I believe the devs said that there was supposed to be some Juhani and Canderous dialoge but simply never made it.

None. The only cut-content restored was Dead-Eye Duncan on Manaan, extra dialogue for Carth post-Leviathan (if PC is female) and DS Female Revan killing Bastila and dieing with Carth on the Star Forge. Everything else that even been found in it's files can't be restored since there isn't much there. Though I believe the devs said that there was supposed to be some Juhani and Canderous dialoge but simply never made it.

Cheers for that. btw, If you know, could you tell me about the stuff that u mentioned were "restored" like Dead-Eye Duncan on Manaan etc. Im curious as to why he would be there, and anything else Carth would winge and whine about :mellow:

None. The only cut-content restored was Dead-Eye Duncan on Manaan, extra dialogue for Carth post-Leviathan (if PC is female) and DS Female Revan killing Bastila and dieing with Carth on the Star Forge.

I know the Carth related ones are in some mods but I haven't heard about the Dead-eye Duncan one being restored (read the dialog though). Could you post or PM me the link to it?

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

The Hutt planet Sleheyron was also planned. However most of the cut content was removed before there was even much put in, so a restoration project would instead be creation of a HUGE mod.

True, Sleheyron was dropped before they did much development on it, so it would be pretty difficult to restore. You can read Bioware's David Gaider talking about it here.

I only ask because I am suprised that Canderous and Juhani dont have any dialogues with each other, and considering that Juhani hates the mandalorians, Im surprised there isnt any tensions or conflict.

As others has pointed out, Bioware cut much more cleanly than Obsidian, so while poking around in the game files reveal interesting things that has been cut, there is not enough to restore them. For example, on Dantooine there was supposed to have been a Twilek Jedi Master and his difficult padawan, as well as a

Dead-Eye Duncan on Manaan (it's a little bugged unfortunatly with Duncan unable to leave unless you get angry at him)

Carth Romance (The only way to get Carths extended dlg after the Leviathan is using this. I guess the bonus is a better executed beach scene)

Revan Dies on the Star Forge I really wish they kept this in.  <_<

Uh, have the Xbox version so i can't tell at all what is going on based on the mod stuff. :wub: Could someone please give ma a quick run down of the Carth romance thing and the Revan dies on the Star Forge thing? Those really interest me. Also, mention was made earlier about male Revan and Bastilla able to kiss.... (w00t) what?!? i've played the game through at least twice as LS male and i never came acroos that! Could someone direct me on that please?

EDIT: thanks Jediphile :huh:

Edited by Hekate

Also, mention was made earlier about male Revan and Bastilla able to kiss....  (w00t) what?!? i've played the game through at least twice as LS male and i never came acroos that! Could someone direct me on that please?

It's in the game, but it always plays off-screen, so you never see anything. Basically you have to keep talking to Bastila and advancing the Bastila "quest". IIRC, she eventually says something about having feelings for Revan and finding herself looking at him when she doesn't mean to. You then tell her that you feel the same way, which will cause her to go into a long speech about how jedi are not supposed to have such feelings. I think the last bit is about telling her to give into her feelings just once, which makes you end up the cargo hold with Bastila regretting the whole thing...

And that is where we got HK-47's undying comment from: 'Mockery: "Oh, master, I love you but I hate all you stand for, but I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"' :D

Too bad it isn't the cargo hold, but the living space where Kreia resides in Kotor2. Atleast, that was when I got that scene...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Too bad it isn't the cargo hold, but the living space where Kreia resides in Kotor2. Atleast, that was when I got that scene...

Yeah I thought the same thing. Why is the port dorms where love happens to be the lead subject of discussion?

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Apparently, I downloaded a mod (not Allronix's) that restored Juhani's dialog about each planet you visit. Unfortunately, I can't remember where and from whom I downloaded it. :blink:

"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

Apparently, I downloaded a mod (not Allronix's) that restored Juhani's dialog about each planet you visit. Unfortunately, I can't remember where and from whom I downloaded it.  :blink:

You mean similar to Carth and Bastila's "what do you know about this planet"?

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

Yep. I think I got it from Stoffe on the Lucas forums, but I have no idea. There's no readme file with it. I know I didn't download it on PCgamemods. :blink:

"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

Yep. I think I got it from Stoffe on the Lucas forums, but I have no idea. There's no readme file with it. I know I didn't download it on PCgamemods. :)

Quite coincidentally (or maybe not), someone on another forum asked about some Juhani Dialogue, and Stoffe replied with this:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=163818

I would post the file here myself, but I dont have permission, plus its his stuff.

Edit: Were those the files you meant Mellypie. I downloaded them and they didnt have a readme file.

Edited by aerowars617

Edit: Were those the files you meant Mellypie. I downloaded them and they didnt have a readme file.

Yep, those are the ones. :) Huzzah!

Carth Romance (The only way to get Carths extended dlg after the Leviathan is using this. I guess the bonus is a better executed beach scene)

Revan Dies on the Star Forge I really wish they kept this in.  <_<

dont you mean extended dlg after the star forge? or is this different from the third DSF ending?

kotorsign.jpg

"Are you an angel? Aw, I'm just kidding. That's the worst line I've ever used. Hope some poor kid doesn't start using it."

Nope. I mean extended dlg for female after Leviathan. It's a whole lot more emotional.  :cool:

Could you pretty please direct me where i could find it (w00t) ? Unfortunately i am stuck with the Xbox version so the computer read files that have to go into the game can't help me :'(