Movies You Have Seen Lately

Gfted1

Broken Flowers. It was a lot better than I was expecting, and I was enjoying it quite a bit until....the....very....last....minute.

I guess I didn't 'get' it, whatever 'it' was supposed to be, hence the last minute was just too abrupt and WTF?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The Abyss.

It's my second viewing, and it wasn't as good the second time around. In fact I found it dull. :)

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

Broken Flowers. It was a lot better than I was expecting, and I was enjoying it quite a bit until....the....very....last....minute.

I guess I didn't 'get' it, whatever 'it' was supposed to be, hence the last minute was just too abrupt and WTF?

It was about past, present and future. Which is best to live in and what each is like. I found the movie a bit bland though.

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

Ive just seen Chen Kaige's "The Promise", Chinas most expensive film ever. Ive never seen such a hideous amount of VFX thrown away so lightly. I wanted to like it, I did, but its really just a rather inane Chinese fairytale oversaturated with CGI.

It felt like one of those cheap Hallmark productions in a deluxe package.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Wow! The 2003 Director's Cut of Aliencontains LOADS of new material, like the deliberate order from Earth to kill the crew, if necessary, and the crewmembers taken by the alien being cocooned for further aliens to spawn from ... :cool:

The film is better than the original by about as much as Blade Runner and its Director's Cut. :(

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Jaws 2

Good enough.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Wow! The 2003 Director's Cut of Aliencontains LOADS of new material, like the deliberate order from Earth to kill the crew, if necessary, and the crewmembers taken by the alien being cocooned for further aliens to spawn from ... :cool:

The film is better than the original by about as much as Blade Runner and its Director's Cut. :-

The expanded versions of movies are usually better than the original. :blink:

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

The alien actually looks less intimidating, though: more vulnerable. Which is good, because it was bsaically unstoppable in the original film.

Mr. And Mrs Smith.

Craptastically bad. No plot, no ending, just guns and Angie's lips. Even Brad Pitt, a usually great actor, is very bland and forgettable.

Mega Meh.

Tired plot device (the two best assassins, one male and one female ... are hired, to kill each other! :- but instead, the fall in love) :blink:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The alien actually looks less intimidating, though: more vulnerable. Which is good, because it was bsaically unstoppable in the original film.
Mr. And Mrs Smith.

Craptastically bad. No plot, no ending, just guns and Angie's lips. Even Brad Pitt, a usually great actor, is very bland and forgettable.

Mega Meh.

Tired plot device (the two best assassins, one male and one female ... are hired, to kill each other! :) but instead, the fall in love) :)

Wasn't Ecks vs. Sever, with Antonio Griffith and Lucy Liu the exact, same frakkin' thing? I didn't see that one mind you, because it is widely known as "one of the worst movies ever made in the existence of the universe and anyone who watches it have their IQ dropped by a few dozen points'.

Gftd1: "King Kong . . . Waaaaaaaay to long."

Chupacabra: "waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long"

Kelverin: "way too long"

Gives me the chuckles when gamers complain about sitting still through tedious scenes. As if they lack practice. :)

LadyCrimson: "30 minutes too long"

I played the "Dungeon Siege" demo for 31 minutes. That's half an hour too long.