Movies You Have Seen Lately

Gfted1

CGI? in Terminator? :devil: what did cameron do to the film?

There's an added scene where the Terminator goes underwater and he finds an alien civilization living in a sunken cruise ship. At first the creatures seem friendly enough, until their true form is revealed. Turns out these water beings use the fluids to insert eggs in the bodies which act as hosts and eventually, when the eggs hatch, little old ladies pop out of the victim's chest and start painting pictures of their naked body and then Michael Bien and Bill Paxton reveal, in a flashback, how they were able to get rid of them using the seductive power of a manly-looking woman and piranhas when their spaceship was taken over by the creatures. The Terminator just goes back to the surface after he "learns" the catchy phrase:"How do I get out of this chickensh** outfit?"

The whole scene seems very tacked on.

Edited by astr0creep

Anyhoo, you might want to check out the film I recommended. It even got a religious factor in it. :o (Just to get you interested: Did you notice that the rise of every major religion (when it's still pure and its leaders upright) marks the beginning of the peak of great civilizations? Christianity ---> Roman Empire. Hinduism ---> Ancient India. Buddhism ---> Golden Age in ancient China. Islam ---> the Ottoman Empire. The film reflects on this... :thumbsup: )

Since it was brought up:

Traditionally, the word has been spelled judgment in all forms of the English language. However, the spelling judgement (with e added) largely replaced judgment in the United Kingdom in a non-legal context. In the context of the law, however, judgment is preferred. This spelling change contrasts with other similar spelling changes made in American English, which were rejected in the UK. In the US at least, judgment is still preferred and judgement is considered incorrect by many American style guides. As with many such spelling differences, both forms are equally acceptable in Canadian English and Australian English. In New Zealand English the form judgment is the preferred spelling in dictionaries, newspapers and legislation, although the variant judgement can also be found in all three categories.

I haven't seen the Special Edition of the original Terminator.

Just saw Silent Hill. Surprisingly good. Actually made me queasy in one point.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Did you notice that the rise of every major religion (when it's still pure and its leaders upright) marks the beginning of the peak of great civilizations? Christianity ---> Roman Empire. Hinduism ---> Ancient India. Buddhism ---> Golden Age in ancient China. Islam ---> the Ottoman Empire. The film reflects on this... :p

The peak of the Roman Empire was pre-Christian:

• Augustus found Rome as brick, and left it marble;
  • Nero actually blamed the Christians for the fire of Rome, and was fond of feeding them to the lions;
  • Hadrian was the first Emperor who actually decided to change the expansionist policy prevalent since the overthrown of the Etruscan despot Tarquin the Proud.

By the time the Roman Empire was Christian, under Constantine (at his deathbed) the Vandalls, Goths and Visigoths were already baying at the gates and it was about to be cloven into the Eastern and Western Roman Empires.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The real peak of christianized roman culture was Byzantion, but that of course doesn't count, since Rome was effectively christian before the schism tore the Empire into two.

Stuff like..:

Codex iuris civilis as the basis of law structure

Translated antique philosophical texts

Highly refined Greco-Roman culture amalgam

Further delving into what consisted christian dogma

...I consider the definitive high points of Byzantine culture.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Immortel

Plot Outline: New York 2095. In a strange pyramid floating in the sky, the gods of ancient Egypt are judging Horus. In the city, a young women with blue hair and tears is arrested, but she has a secret power, even to herself...

Immortel

Plot Outline: New York 2095. In a strange pyramid floating in the sky, the gods of ancient Egypt are judging Horus. In the city, a young women with blue hair and tears is arrested, but she has a secret power, even to herself...

Read the comics, Enki Bilal was my personal hero when i was a kid.

Saw the movie. Didnt really get it. Wasnt aware of comics. Something major must have been lost in the transtition.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had