Oblivion Thread

Fenghuang

Yeah, I've gotten over my "must play on at least medium difficulty" pride issues: the game isn't THAT good that I want to play through the same section five times just to prove I can win when I am out-numbered and out-gunned.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

A bit of me doesn't mind being really strong at situations. I play more for the adventure anyways.

As for lockpicking, I guess I'm one of the few that finds it particularly easy. If I'm patient, I don't break any picks. I just wait for the one really slow tumbler animation, and I always get it. As my lock picking has increased, I now attempt the second slowest one a bit more, but still have the odd break then. There's no lock that can keep me out, save for the ones that require a key/plot item.

I have an unbreakable Lockpick. I call it the "Open Sesame" spell. It works on Very Hard lock and I have it set to unlock them within 15. Hmm, I haven't tried it yet, but it could theoretically open all locked chests within 15 feet.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I am downloading an updated mod for Oblivion and man I can't believe the speed of the download.

I remember a time when 128 megs took hours, if not a day or more, to download. Now I can do it under 3 minutes.

Edited by Judge Hades

Lockpicking is easy once you realise that most of the time you can get the tumbler fixed the turn after it goes really fast.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Well, every time I see those stupid wraiths I zoom down the difficulty to easy and run through, I hate using night-eye because everything looks crappy, so I always run right into them then have a boring fight - dodge magic - fight sequence. o.O

Lockpicking is easy, that's not the problem. When you've picked over 200 locks you should not have to play the stupid game anymore, and I picked it as a minor skill so I still don't even have Expert. Seriously, I have 65 skill and Auto Attempt breaks 20 locks on an Average.

Anyway, I'm level 23 and I have to say that I think I've finished most things. I must have missed some quests and I know I am not going to bother with, say, finding all 40 ninroots or Umbacano's statues, but still.

How far away am I in MQ? I've just closed the Bruma Great Gate, and am apparently ready to enter Camoran's Paradise. It looks like I'm nearly at the end?

If I'm patient, I don't break any picks.  I just wait for the one really slow tumbler animation, and I always get it.

Regardless of character skill?

Yes, that's why it is a *gasp* opshunal min-gaym!

If you want to rely on character skill, auto-attempt. If you want to attempt the mini-game, you're free too.

Also, there are at least 2 ways to attempt the lock picking game...

Visual, auditory, and if you're playing on 360, touch.

If you want to rely on character skill, auto-attempt. If you want to attempt the mini-game, you're free too.

Which has you breaking anywhere from 0 to 20 lockpicks picking an Average lock at 63 (Journeyman) skill level? To get to a chest that gives 30 gold and 1 lockpick as loot?

Unless you like joining then trotting to the thieves guild fence every ten break-ins and shell out gold, no, it's not really such a nice option. I'm not saying the option isn't there - it is, and that's really good - it's just not very viable, thanks to 1/ lose way too many locks 2/ the only source of picks able to keep up with such loss is thieves guild 3/ i'm already making FedEx runs for repairs and recharges, apparently i must do so for lockpicks now too. (only 100 stocked)

Anyway, anyone know about my MQ question? (

how much left after Bruma great gate

)

Edited by Tigranes

Thought so, looks like my first character is nearly done (65 hours so far). Not too bad, the Guild quests were definitely an improvement.

Will probably run through again, but not sure what as, the swordbanging doesn't really appeal.

I wonder how long a speedrun of the main quest would take? Judging from what Ive seen so far I think it could be done in an hour or two

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Indeed. You need to be Level 2 to enter the Kvatch gate, so theoritically the game could be completed within a few hours at Level 2, what with the horrible level scaling and all.

Realism at its finest. The world is saved by a Level 2 n00b ex-convict. Yay!

Edited by Powerslave

Which has you breaking anywhere from 0 to 20 lockpicks picking an Average lock at 63 (Journeyman) skill level? To get to a chest that gives 30 gold and 1 lockpick as loot?

Um, it's a statistical event.

just quick save and autoattempt, and reload if you break too many picks.

>_<"

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The world is saved by an ex-convict. Yay!

Damn! I had forgotten all about that >_< What do you think he/she did? Wouldnt it be an interesting turn of events if it turned out you were jailed for something really uncool and creepy like rape, prostitution, trafficking, spouse-beating, child murder or making a coffee table out of a hitchhikers ribcage?

I think that would make a lot of players very uncomfortable :p

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Um, it's a statistical event.

just quick save and autoattempt, and reload if you break too many picks.

:p"

>_<

What I've been doing since I realized how many of the damned things broke each auto-attempt. Just keep doing it until less than 4 or 5 break and you're good.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Or just do it yourself and break 0/1 on a Very Hard one >_<"

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

What bugs me is that its never something useful in locked chests. Im level 15 and typicaly its just a little gold and a potion or two, never weapons, armour or magic items with the exception of soulstones.

There was this Very Hard locked chest and another chest next to it. I pick the locked one to find a potion and gold (43 or somesuch). I open the open one and find myself a Ebony Longsword of 2.2K worth

Eh, agreed? :p

PS. Even if Lovewolf no longer needs it, a certain NPC in the Imperial City wears a FULL deadric suit if highleveled (lvl 20 now). Only costs 1000 (or 40 in my case >_<)

EDIT-rampage: Have any status on the patch SS?

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Actually, I just keep going since by now I have a truckload of money and about 700 lockpicks. That's how I notice it.

On the prison thing, I like to imagine that, being a thief/mage I was imprisoned for some heist or whatnot, and my skills degraded due to staying in a prison for decades (hey, if you're an Altmer..). Meh.