Top 10 Most Overrated Bands

thepixiesrock

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I remember writing an essay why some of those bands sucked so badly. Highest possible grades. :D

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

:)

I would have a completely different 10 bands. :-

Okay, 9 bands. <_<

Now I think about it 6 bands. Totally different 6 bands. :x

No, there is that one band, and those buggers... :o

Hmmm... 4 bands. Definintely four different bands out of the 10 he listed. ;)

His evidence is a bit too lyric-centered. What that guy needs to learn is that virtually all song lyrics sound stupid if you just read them off the page. It's about context.

And, based on lyrics alone, the worst song ever written is Journey's "Any Way You Want It." There can be no debate about this.

One thing though, I would change RATM off the first place.

Just an idle thought.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

I dont think hes quite right at grouping APC with Tool, though. Tool were amazing but APC is just Smashing Pumkins feat. Maynard James Keenan

But nowadays I just get the feeling that music has died creatively. I havent heard anything new that was actually NEW in years, and none of the bands that sound like copies of old bands are any good either.

I wonder if the thousand monkeys with a thousand electric guitars have finally wrote every song that could be written? Lets face it, there is only a set number of combinations of notes that can be put together so that it sounds good and weve been churning out tunes for 400 years now (not counting Hildegard von Bingen and the lot)

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I wonder if the thousand monkeys with a thousand electric guitars have finally wrote every song that could be written? Lets face it, there is only a set number of combinations of notes that can be put together so that it sounds good and weve been churning out tunes for 400 years now

Exactly. Guitars are so played-out. The musical sound of the new millenium is the muted trombone.

: (

Well, I thought it was funny.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

When I read the thread title the first band to come to mind was U2... which wasn't on that list. I totally agree with Audioslave and Coldplay though.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

When I read the thread title the first band to come to mind was U2... which wasn't on that list. I totally agree with Audioslave and Coldplay though.

I was so sure U2 would number one on that list...

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I thought Audioslave were OK. RATM without Zach and his third-rate student politics.

James Blunt should have been higher though. Whenever I hear his psycho-stalker lyrics I can't help wishing he'd been killed in Bosnia.

master of my domain

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.

Alright guys, fine. You don't get it.

I can't stand the radio anymore, and I'm too poor to buy a CD player for my car.  So I took it all out in the form of a bait article.  Some of the readers at my site are going to spam out the URL to fanboards of some of these bands in my Top 10 Most Overrated Bands.  Let's see how many people I can piss off.

I hadn't even heard about half of the names on that list... :">

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I agree with a few of his choices, but yeah, he's too focused on lyrics. I listen to White Stripes because Jack White plays an awesome guitar. I don't care what he's saying.

I'm also completely against having Beck on there. One, Beck doesn't get a ton of exposure, so I don't get how he's over-rated. Also, it's not his lyrics, but the combination of beats and the odd sound of his voice that are intriguing.

And what's with Rage Against the Machine being there?

Seriously, this list is lame. James Blunt hasn't even been around long enough to be over-rated...give him a couple albums at least.

Here is a real over-rated list:

5. Metallica (I like them, but seriously)

4. Limp Bizcuit

3. Gangsta Rappers in general

2. Ozzy Osbourne

1. Bon Jovi

Haw, haw, haw, haw, haw, haw. You don't get it.

Because I thought it was funny. Do you guys have to discuss everything?

It's about as funny as Maddox (speaking of overrated). He's just saying "yeah, this is bad, so here's some swear words". Where's the funny?

EDIT: Also, didn't Chris Cornell say he would only join the remaining members of RATM if they weren't political? Oh yeah, he DID. Do your research, ****er, at least Maddox had that much decency.

Edited by TrueNeutral

This is why it was funny.

Pixies/Lou just won the internet.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

1. The Beatles

2. The Doors

3. Soundgarden

4. The Clash

5. U2

6. The Sex Pistols

7. The Eagles

8. The Beach Boys

9. Radiohead

10. Green Day

Uh-huh.

Oh, and for those few still not getting it: over-rated still doesn't equal utter ****.

kirottu said:

Now, I'd just like to add a singer whom I think is outrageously underrated, not to mention completely adorable. I present to you, The Hoffmeister ;):geek::):wub:

Edited by Lucius

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.