Dark Side corruption

As we all know one who falls to the Dark Side becomes corrupt and it shows in their face. The only problem i have is that KotOR goes more into a zombifacation rather than corruption. In the game, corruption looks like a zombie, but in the movies it shows the person's eye with the red/yellow scheme with only a small hint of corruption in the face.

hi.

Realistically, corruption shouldn't show physcially at all, beyond stance or attitude. And if it's enough to turn one's eyes red, you'd think it'd also do something else. That said...

Before the 'new' SW movies, a lot of people assumed that Mr Supreme Evil Sidious looked the way he did because of years of DS corruption.

And then suddenly, now it's because of having (most likely) voluntarily let his own lightning be reflected back at him so he could truly corrupt Anakin.

Yeah, that was kind of disappointing for me. Mr. Lucas always trying to explain/change something...midiclhorians or however-you-spell-it, bah. o:)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I agree, dark side should be reflected very little in physical appearance.

Tyranus and Sidious both had no/litle physical appearance of evil. The most fun I had playing was getting to full DSP and then reversing half way to get to full LSP

Unfortunately I was in Sith prestige class so I didn't really get to test influence as far as I wanted to

And then suddenly, now it's because of having (most likely) voluntarily let his own lightning be reflected back at him so he could truly corrupt Anakin.

The official information about this iis, that it is really Palpys true face, corrupted by DS. Lighning was his excuse why he could finally reveal it.

No one else in movies got "mutated" by lightning

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

your DS face just reflects how people should respect and fear you :(, but i think the kotor1 was alright, maybe the face shouldnt have gone that white, but the eye thing is alright

after all you do really need to symbolise and represent the darkside somehow, cant have a sith who looks as healthy (just appears to be) as a jedi now can we?

there was too much over emphasis on it, too much wrinkles and aged face looking style a bit less would be acceptable

Edited by Revan_Returns

:thumbsup: enough with MOD spamming im pretty sure people know that mods are an option for these situations

Enough spaming period, I would say. I have seen too much of it lately by some members. Either contribute in a constructive way or do not post.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

:- enough with MOD spamming im pretty sure people know that mods are an option for these situations

:p

Your telling me not to spam...

and BTW all your KSE and "nooblet" posts do the exact

same thing... ;)

:p

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

The whole zombie look is just how the game was made, strictly for the game there is no definition of why they look as they do when they have fallen to the dark side.

"For the hell of it..."

Maybe visual distinctions are based on the nature of the Dark Side in which the individual adheres to. Darth Tyranus was a smart individual when it came to the Force. His dark side is more subtle and less concerned with performing acts of pure evil, but rather attempting true mastery in all aspects of the Force that the Jedi Order denies to Jedi. This attitude is, what I believe, very similar to Revan's train of thought as compared to Malak's. Finesse of the Force as a whole vs use of the Force as pure strength to dominate.

In the games you can control how evil you will act, but regardless your dark side will still look the same.

wookiedance.gif

The issue of how DS corruption should look is a bit iffy IMO.

I have to agree with Darth Hades on this, but I also agree that the DS courrution did make the characters seem a bit too zombie-ish with the exception of Bao-Dur (and perhaps Mira. Use a cheat to give DS points while she is in your party, and she'll turn into a goth chick >_<)

So lets think about this:

- KOTOR games: corruption shows clearly (which I'm guessing is down to how you use the DS of the force; which was basically for thug-like acts).

- Movies: Corruption is less clear unless some sort of unmitigated disaster damages your physical look. (i.e. At most in EpIII, Anakin got yellow eyes for a brief moment, then got lavafied; and Sidious got stung by lightning - they were, to some degree, more subtle in there use of the DS... Tyranus is best expample of subtle use of the DS).

How should DS corruption show? I have no idea... butI do prefer more subtle showings of courrption rather than the blatant stuff in K1+K2.

ya, the veiny look, blurry yellow eyes and all are really over the edge. in K2, the effects of the dark side are just to sudden. i was in a convo with HK-50 when i suddenly got a goth sort of look, like HK decided i needed a makeover or something. later during a convo with HK-47, my character looked like she got the plague or something. those HK droids are really corrupting... >_<

kotorsign.jpg

"Are you an angel? Aw, I'm just kidding. That's the worst line I've ever used. Hope some poor kid doesn't start using it."

You realize of course that I've said that same joke three times now, just replacing the word "baby bird" and "smack".

i kind of figured you were the one telling that joke on the other forums. as for me, the dark side corruption added to all the cut content and all, makes me want to kill some meatbags, you can guess who (no one from obsidian)

kotorsign.jpg

"Are you an angel? Aw, I'm just kidding. That's the worst line I've ever used. Hope some poor kid doesn't start using it."

You realize of course that I've said that same joke three times now, just replacing the word "baby bird" and "smack".

Lol. no wonder that I got deja v

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I personally hate the way Lucas screwed up Sidious DS characteristics. I always thought he looked that way due to long-term corruption.

The whole lightning thing with Mace Windu was idiotic at best, I mean why in the world didn't Sidious just use Force Push to shove Windu out the window? Or simply stop using lightning, being the Dark Lord of the Sith he must be able to think of something else.

Anyway, on the case of the KOTOR games I have to agree that they look like zombies or even worse clowns with too much make-up. I much prefer the plain simple look with the deep-yellow eyes that Anakin showed when he turned to face the camera (one of the best parts of EPIII).

That I think should be the characteristic of the darkside, not the damn zombie-look.