Oblivion First Impressions

Hurlshort

Bah, anyone whos ever dragged a dead body or two knows that the best way is to get your arms under his arms and hold him by the chest as you drag backwards.

:-"

Why do I have a shovel, cable ties, black plastic garbage bags, a hacksaw and some lime in my trunk, Officer? Im a.. a..home decorator.. its my hobby. Yes, thats why.

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

It works fine. 

well, no, it doesn't. it works... sometimes, but rarely does it work well. typicallly if we wann move a body we gotta grabs an arm or leg and makes 'bout a dozen yanks (z-button activations) to get a body to moves less than 6 inches.

is better than nothing, but it don't work well.

btw, if elven weapons is not on random 1007 drops previous to level 15, then how does luck factor into the equation? sounds like elven weapons are pre-level 15... they is simply more rare.

annecdotal evidence: we stopped playing at level 13, and we had seen quite a number of elven weapons... not many swords, but quite a few battle axes and hammers and a couple of bows.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

What's does "1007" mean?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

1=l

0=o

7=t

5=s

1007=loot

10075=loots

ph47 10075 for everybody.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Ah, thank you.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

si teh 1337 sp34k, y'all

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

off-topic: we always use 1337 for 10075 on this board. reason is silly. used once in a post over a year ago and it seemed to shock a few folks that Gromnir would utilize 1337. thought that were funny.

HA! Good Fun!

Sounds like this board alright. You're like the everyman hero for some of the members.

kirottu said:

Continuation of the exploration goes fine... just some odd things I hit;

1) I got a Vampire + dream while waiting :huh: . Shouldn't I sleep for that?

2) It seems like a lvl-up in Merchant level resets the merchant you are selling to/buying from to begin value disposition (I had 79 because of 3 failed haggles, after lvl-up 82 again). So all the -Dispositon for failed haggles dissapear

3) When fast-traveling from Merchant area to Temple area in the Imperial City Maro Rufus undressed himself when he (with 2 others) load in with me in the Temple area entrance ;) (walking around at 11PM in ONLY pants seems not like a clever thing to do, merchant!)

4) When fast-traveling from Temple to the University I started talking to a guard. Despite NOT having any bounty (according to the Info screen) the Guards are convinced I have to pay 1GP... :ermm: Not nice to loose 150GP of loot that way <_<

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

btw, if elven weapons is not on random 1007 drops previous to level 15, then how does luck factor into the equation?  sounds like elven weapons are pre-level 15... they is simply more rare. 

annecdotal evidence: we stopped playing at level 13, and we had seen quite a number of elven weapons... not many swords, but quite a few battle axes and hammers and a couple of bows. 

HA!  Good Fun!

This is how the loot table works without luck.

Armor                       PC Level
Fur / Iron                  1
Leather / Steel           3
Chain / Dwarven        6
Mithril / Orcish           10
Elven / Ebony            15
Glass / Daedric          20

Everytime a creature is spawned, it checks your level, and checks your luck. Once in awhile you'll get special drops. The higher your luck, the more likely you are to recieve a special drop.

Edited by Shadowstrider

Orcish, does that exist?

Anyways, lvl 13 now and Elven Stuff drops like the Elves took possession of Cyrodiil. And that while since lvl 8 I have damaged luck (haven't bought a cure for that yet) (45)

And Dwarven from 6 :wub: ... loot tables seem VERY different ingame than displayed on that list (where did you get that list, from ingame files?)

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Orcish, does that exist?

Anyways, lvl 13 now and Elven Stuff drops like the Elves took possession of Cyrodiil. And that while since lvl 8 I have damaged luck (haven't bought a cure for that yet) (45)

And Dwarven from 6  :wub: ... loot tables seem VERY different ingame than displayed on that list (where did you get that list, from ingame files?)

It does although I sure didnt see any at level 10.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Orcish, does that exist?

And Dwarven from 6  :wub: ... loot tables seem VERY different ingame than displayed on that list (where did you get that list, from ingame files?)

It does although I sure didnt see any at level 10.

It's very possible that the loot tables changed in the final builds. Check a strategy guide.

Hmm, how would you guys compare the Gothic series to this? I've just realized I haven't actually played through that series (aside from the G1 demo a few years back, which left me very impressed - yet I never got around to play it or its sequel). From what I recall, there was significant emphasis on exploration and on fleshing out the world. And, no offense to Bethesda or the radiant AI, I remember being much more impressed with how Piranha Bytes managed to breathe life into the world than I've been with Oblivion in that same respect - from the demo, anyway. The Old Camp felt pretty lively, not... robotic? What little of the story/NPCs/quests I was exposed to also showed more personality. It made sense within the context of the world, and there seemed to be more choices within the storyline (such as the eventual opportunity to join different factions, which would actually be a significant decision). Mind you, I wasn't repelled by the interface or combat back then, so those wouldn't be an issue. What about exploration/story/NPCs/quests/world?

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Also, to add on that, what I'm primarily interested in is what would make Gothic exploration, for example, more interesting than TES exploration. Reviews and such haven't been so helpful, since TES gets as good if not better reviews, anyway. I'm just wondering how much my initial impression of the G1 demo are actually applicable to the games as a whole.

And I'm downloading the G2 demo right now. It better be good, or the cat gets it.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

SS, from what I've seen from modders' works I'm pretty sure that *is* the final drop build. And apparently it is supposed to be consistent across every critter in the entire world, except for some specially scripted NPCs/bosses?

Anyway, had a nice patch of gaming where I found some mages hiding out on the top of a hill surrounded by big rocks, so naturally I got on one of them then power-attacked them off the cliff. One somehow didn't die, but was stuck in the water trying to climb up the cliff to get me. :blink:

I finally got past the dungeon bug and completed the main quest. Now that I'm level 19 though, glass, ebony, and daedric stuff is dropping like crazy everywhere! Since I was holding back my level ups until I completed the main quest, (was level 11), it seems kind of funky that in about a few hours of rest everyone suddenly got glass weapons when they were just using iron swords. :ermm:

btw, if elven weapons is not on random 1007 drops previous to level 15, then how does luck factor into the equation?  sounds like elven weapons are pre-level 15... they is simply more rare. 

HA!  Good Fun!

This is how the loot table works without luck.

Armor                       PC Level
Fur / Iron                  1
Leather / Steel           3
Chain / Dwarven        6
Mithril / Orcish           10
Elven / Ebony            15
Glass / Daedric          20

Everytime a creature is spawned, it checks your level, and checks your luck. Once in awhile you'll get special drops. The higher your luck, the more likely you are to recieve a special drop.

am not sure why you is being so obtuse in various oblivion threads.

the 1007 tables is modified by luck, but clearly elven weapons is part of the 1007 tables for characters of less than 15th level. your initial statement were if not completely incaccurate, then more than a little misleading.

*shrug*

regardless it is nice to see hiw the unmodified 1007 tables is initially set up. thanks.

HA! Good Fun!

SS, from what I've seen from modders' works I'm pretty sure that *is* the final drop build. And apparently it is supposed to be consistent across every critter in the entire world, except for some specially scripted NPCs/bosses?

Well at level 5 I've seen maybe 5 steel items dropped and most of the random bandits are still wearing full fur or Iron.

60 luck dosnt seem to be helping much.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Well, I'm 16 and I still see fur 20% or so of the time, but that's because I have a mod to widen up the item scaling a bit.

Maybe it's more random than everybody thought (and Beth said). :o