Oblivion First Impressions

Hurlshort

Damn.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Intentional, eh?

Then why do I get

Vampirism ADDED

Vampire Skills ADDED

Vampire Stats ADDED

When feeding.

Telling Adding and then substraction sounds like a bug to me.

Either;

1) your mentioned feeding should reduce, then the bug is the text.

2) your mentioned feeding description is wrong, and the fact it looks like that in the game is wrong

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Intentional, eh?

Then why do I get

Vampirism ADDED

Vampire Skills ADDED

Vampire Stats ADDED

When feeding.

Telling Adding and then substraction sounds like a bug to me.

Either;

1) your mentioned feeding should reduce, then the bug is the text.

2) your mentioned feeding description is wrong, and the fact it looks like that in the game is wrong

If it said "your vampire skills are being damaged" people would cry foul.

It strips the vampirism effects and then reapplies the new value.

How about "The curse has been lessened" then.

*sigh* Less than when they found out they do Vampirish stuff and suddenly turn into a weakling... <_<

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

This game so far is grand. Just...grand. I'm at loss of words. :">

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

So.. I started on the main quest again today. I think I was level 38 when I started and I'm around level 40 now. Just a tip for everyone else: don't wait that long with the main quest! I am facing 3-4 Daedra lords in every battle! I go through healing potions like Whitney through crack, my armour breaks in every battle and it takes ages to go from point A to point B, no matter if the points are barely apart. It's a challenge alright. I refuse to touch the difficulty slider.

On a lighter note: I found a magic glass shield today. Now I need magic greaves and a magic helmet and I'm set :))

I think I'll stay at 20 till the end of the main quest :D

Spanky (my summon) helps a lot when it comes to being outnumbered. With it's help I was able to kill 2 skeleton champions and pets plus a zombie. Normally they would be instant death in those numbers even with my best weapon.

The difficulty although odd has definately kept my interest in the game where as Morrowind bored me to tears after a while because it lacked challenge.

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0
I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I've put in almost 40 hours of play. I'm still quite happy with the game, although my character is only something like 16 or 17. I don't know why I haven't gotten up to as high of levels as you guys. I might spend a little less time playing, and I've only used trainers a couple of times, but you'd figure I wouldn't be so far behind other folks who're already in their 20s. I tend to walk around a lot and take in the scenery. I dunno. I guess I should get back to the main quest.

My only problem is that

Some lizard chic at the Mage University was going to help me with the next step of the Mythic Dawn quest, but I can't find her anymore. I guess I'll have to muddle through the hints and find out what's next on my own... unless one of you can give me an idea.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I've put in almost 40 hours of play.  I'm still quite happy with the game, although my character is only something like 16 or 17.  I don't know why I haven't gotten up to as high of levels as you guys.  I might spend a little less time playing, and I've only used trainers a couple of times, but you'd figure I wouldn't be so far behind other folks who're already in their 20s.  I tend to walk around a lot and take in the scenery.  I dunno.  I guess I should get back to the main quest.

My only problem is that

Some lizard chic at the Mage University was going to help me with the next step of the Mythic Dawn quest, but I can't find her anymore.  I guess I'll have to muddle through the hints and find out what's next on my own...  unless one of you can give me an idea.

How fast you level depends a lot on your skillset. Unfortunately I picked skills which make you prone to leveling. I'm on about the same play time as you. But I've been holding back levels since 20.

She may only show up at a certain time of day.

The place you are after is north west of Chedynhal near a lake.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Speaking of vampires, how do you meet the vampire hunter in Bruma? Everyone in town is talking about him but I've never seen him in Olavs, I even pickpocketed his room key door from Olav but that didn't do any good.

We now bring you live footage from the World Championship Staring Final.

staringcontest8og.gif

In regards to the vampire hunter...do you guys already have the quest associated with him? Or are you just curious? I've beaten it already, so if you need any help, just ask.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I just beat it tonight, I didn't notice the quest in my log that pointed to the victims house. Guess that would have been a better place to look than spending ages in the inn. :D

Might try getting bitten by a vamp sometime just to do the vamp cure quests.

On another note I love the tomb raiding in this game. In Morrowind I was reluctant to even go in the dungeons cause they were so drab. In Oblivion I'm having a lot of fun sneaking in the dark picking off goblins with my bow, it's so atmospheric (it actually feels a lot like Thief which is high praise indeed).

Edited by Jumjalum

We now bring you live footage from the World Championship Staring Final.

staringcontest8og.gif

This post has spoilers, so skip it if you want.

Well, it seems the main quest has ended for me, but not the way I expected. My character is currently stuck in Miscarand unable to continue due to a bug with the iron gates in the dungeon. By standing on a panel I should be able to open the iron gate blocking my path, but the gate doesn't open, and I'm stuck there. (For refernce I'm at the part where you have to jump down off the bridge to push the button to open the gate, then to get back up, step on a panel to open another iron gate.) I'm on the Xbox 360, so I can't clip or anything to get past. This bug is a game breaker, it's been reported by other people, and I don''t believe it got past QA.

Edit: [ S p o i l e r ] tags are your FRIEND! (This is FIRST IMPRESSIONS, not HOW TO BEAT THE GAME. :angry:)

Edited by metadigital

This post has spoilers, so skip it if you want.

Well, it seems the main quest has ended for me, but not the way I expected. My character is currently stuck in Miscarand unable to continue due to a bug with the iron gates in the dungeon. By standing on a panel I should be able to open the iron gate blocking my path, but the gate doesn't open, and I'm stuck there. (For refernce I'm at the part where you have to jump down off the bridge to push the button to open the gate, then to get back up, step on a panel to open another iron gate.) I'm on the Xbox 360, so I can't clip or anything to get past. This bug is a game breaker, it's been reported by other people, and I don''t believe it got past QA.

You're using the wrong switch. Miscarcand is not bugged, but it is tricky.

Edited by metadigital

I have a major friggin issue here folks... Dwarven armour makes my character look fat :p and the colour of the trousers doesnt match that of the skirt-thing

(seriously, I think there should be a mandatory course for all artists called "How to design armour that actually looks good" )

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I'm on the 360, so I can't post a screenshot, but I can give a description.

When you first enter the dungeon, after you fight your way forward, you come to a locked gate at the end of a bridge. Now, below the bridge are goblins and skeletons, plus a passageway. I took the passageway which leads up to a small room with two goblins and a button on the wall which opens the locked gate on the bridge. I killed the goblins and pushed the button. I then went up another set of stairs that lead to a locked iron gate, and a floor planel in front of it. I stepped on the panel, but the gate wouldn't open.

:p

Edited by metadigital

Yes, I heard it make a sound, I saw it go down, everything, but nothing happened.

EDIT: I was able to get a quick look in at the gate the button I pushed supposedly opened, and that gate wasn't open either! :p

Edited by Jast

You know you wanted this thread. Life just wouldn't be complete without it. When a game allows you to host a teaparty with dead naked people as your guests, this thread is almost demanded. (I'm still working on the teaparty. I'm having a little trouble getting these bodies to conform to my will. I think I might try doing it with the lizard people. That way, I can stick their tail in between the back and seat of the chair and anchor them in pl - okay, time to stop thinking about it.)

My character is pretty stealth-focused, with skills in Sneak, Security, Light Armour, Blade, and a couple other ones I forget. My goal in this game is to join the Thieves Guild and the Dark Brotherhood. I've known for quite some time that I need to kill an innocent to get into the latter, but so far I haven't found anyone worthy enough (until today!). There's a few snotty NPCs I considered slaughtering in their sleep, but I knew I wouldn't get much satisfaction in that. So I went on a journey. If I was to become a murderer, I wanted my act to mean something. I wanted it to be symbolic. After a while of having nothing to jerk off to, it became apparent to me that Oblivion suffers from a terrible lack of attractive female NPCs. So I promised myself that the moment I met one, she would be my mark, my tribute to the Dark Brotherhood.

I found her in Burma. For many days I watched her. Each morning I would enter the inn, take a seat, and enjoy some breakfast. Whenever I felt brave enough, I would look away from my companion and take a peek at her. She was quite social, my Lyra. Like a little butterfly, hovering from table to table and exchanging the latest news. For instance, did you know that the Fighters Guild was recruiting? I didn't, until I met Lyra.

inn6as.jpg

I only spoke to her once, the last day of her life. She didn't seem to like me very much. I gave her a lot of money, and then she liked me more. Her smile made me happy - but was she only smiling because I had lined her pockets with gold? If so, she was a prostitute. My heart was broken. I made a decision that the **** would die that very night.

I stepped outside into the cold, frosty air and loitered around for a few hours. When nightfall finally came, I stole away to the stables and quickly retrieved my horse. If something went wrong, I would need a quick exit. I tied Glueboy to a tree just outside the city walls and went back inside. Lyra was still at work and her door was locked. I considered breaking in and waiting in a closet, but something told me that was the wrong way to go about things.

Late in the evening, my darling Lyra finally left the inn and went home. I followed. I waited for an hour or two, not wanting to catch her undressing or within earshot of my breakin. The undressing would come later.

stalk7qn.jpg

Five lockpicks later, I was inside. Her house was immaculate, just like her. I crept around the first floor and took a flowerpot. I decided I would put it on her grave. I listened to the ringing from the church down the road. It was midnight. In the gloom of her house, I sat down and ate her leftovers. After I was done, I snuck upstairs and found her sleeping on the grandest bed I had seen to that point.

eating1yk.jpg

watching6gw.jpg

She was beautiful. I stripped off my clothing and sat down across from her, mesmerized by the delicate movement of her bosom as she breathed her last breaths. After a little while I began to lose track of time. Before long, she began to stir. Realzing this was my chance, I removed my dagger and struck her with it. How she fought! She staggered to the bottom of the stairs and ran toward the front door. I couldn't have that! I drained her stamina with my Greater Power and she fell to the ground. Moments later she was dead.

dead3ca.jpg

Beside myself with passion, I began to undress her, exposing long, regal limbs. After making love to her, I thought she felt a little cold. Trying to warm her up, I dragged her body to the fireplace.

firemodel2pt.jpg

And then I ate her.

food1ho.jpg

True story.

... I mean.... stolen from the Codex!

.... Yes.

:p

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I thought the game was rather difficult at my level (43 I think), but then I suddenly maxxed out my light armour skill and gained 50% armour from that alone. Now the daedra lords can't touch me anymore! I must say the game became more fun when it's a bit easier and every fight doesn't take 10 minutes any longer.

I am now a master of the blade, master of light armour and master of armourer. Closing in on mastering speechcraft and block too, soon. Then I won't be able to level anymore. But I am currently working on getting my butt into the mage academy so I'll be able to continue to boost my stats the enchantment way.

I'm still having fun, it's insane.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!