Oblivion First Impressions

Hurlshort

Maybe he's an

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Maybe he's an
Edited by LoneWolf16

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Nice.

Why are your graphics so bad though compared to the trailer graphics?

Have the settings turned down or were they being naughty with the trailiers?

My specs aren't particularly top-notch. I just have them set to autodetect. The framerate is good and loading hasn't been a problem, so I keep the settings as they are. I could try the game on my brother's brand new comp, but that means another installation, and I frankly can't be bothered.

Lo and behold, I finally get the experience first-hand the infamous NPC-NPC crapathon. I couldn't actually hear what they were saying since they were all bloody talking at the same time. I got close enough to one of them for it to pop up in the subtitles.

WHAT. THE. CRAP.

6.jpg

Doing what any sensible person would do upon such emotional trauma, I drew my sword and went into a killing spree. My blade skills, of course, weren't actually high enough to even remotely damage anyone :lol:

7.jpg

The choice, of course, was obvious.

8.jpg

So, erm, yeah, I ran.

9.jpg

Saw some water, so I jumped to freedom, trying to swim my way to safety.

10.jpg

:)

11.jpg

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Lo and behold, I finally get the experience first-hand the infamous NPC-NPC crapathon. I couldn't actually hear what they were saying since they were all bloody talking at the same time. I got close enough to one of them for it to pop up in the subtitles.

WHAT. THE. CRAP.

6.jpg

:lol: I wonder what the other NPC is saying.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

See those floating helmets? Those guards were ripping my ninja to shreds :lol:

Alright, after messing around a bit in the Imperial City, I can easily say that Oblivion destroys Morrowind - if for the wrong reasons. Idiotic conversations + stupid voice-acting has a nice comedic value that Morrowind's pointless encyclopedias could never hope to match. The NPCs have their own 'personalities (for the completely wrong reasons, but that's irrelevant). I'm actually laughing at their stupidity instead of wanting to punch them into a wall (previous killing spree attempt excepted). This is a good thing... if, again, for the wrong reasons <_<

Hadescopy.jpg

See those floating helmets? Those guards were ripping my ninja to shreds :lol:

Alright, after messing around a bit in the Imperial City, I can easily say that Oblivion destroys Morrowind - if for the wrong reasons. Idiotic conversations + stupid voice-acting has a nice comedic value that Morrowind's pointless encyclopedias could never hope to match. The NPCs have their own 'personalities (for the completely wrong reasons, but that's irrelevant). I'm actually laughing at their stupidity instead of wanting to punch them into a wall (previous killing spree attempt excepted). This is a good thing... if, again, for the wrong reasons  <_<

It's a so bad it's good sort of B movie thing is it ?

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

So it's Benny Hill does Morrowind? Or Carry On Up Morrowind?

the thing is that the humor we has seen in the dialogues does not appear to be intended. llyranor's pov may be different, but most of the writing encountered so far has a groan factor that makes it difficult for us to stomach.

again, we may be jumping to judgment too fast and will give some more time, before we decides.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Oh, Gromnie's definitely right. I haven't seen any actual attempt by the writers to genuinely be funny.

One example of a conversation:

"I hear Errandil is good with a lockpick."

"I heard he's good with locks."

"That's what I heard."

"Good day."

As for the persuasion minigame, ROFLASKJKASGASGSAKJGHSAJGHSAJGASGSA

Hadescopy.jpg

I'm tempted to buy this, but I don't know if I'll be able to play this with a half-decent performance.

My System Specs:

* Windows XP

* 1 GB System RAM

* 2.2 Ghz Athlon 64 3500+ processor

* 12x DVD-ROM Drive

* 128MB ATI Radeon 9800 Video card

What do you guys and gals think?

Don't hold your breath. This is what I'm running, and for all intents and purposes, it's virtually unplayable:

jagcomp1.jpg

jagcomp2.jpg

:lol:

manthing2.jpg