MCA does the 'Codex

Vault, you know it's true. You guys bash MW 9as do I), DS, and NWN yet all those games (espicially NWN and MW) have won MANY awards, have great reviews, and everything else. And, please, don't use Gamespy (or other sites) as axamples consideirng how much you guys bash those review sites as garbage, sell outs, and other assorted namecalling.

R00fles!

Those links were NOT the example of PST being a great game, they were a PROOF that many people think that it is a great game, which is what my point was all about. Similarly, I may trash NWN or DS, but I would never argue against the fact that those games were popular and sold well.

Do I have to explain that to you, Volly?

Let's just add NWN and JE to the thread and we have 20+ page discussion of "r00fles" :thumbsup:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Being silly? I count many games better than PST including BIS games and Obsidian games.

BG series

FO series

NWN

JE

KOTOR series

Arcanum

BL

FF series (various games; but not all)

Ultima series

The list can go on...

"Those links were NOT the example of PST being a great game, they were a PROOF that many people think that it is a great game, which is what my point was all about. Similarly, I may trash NWN or DS, but I would never argue against the fact that those games were popular and sold well."

1. I never mentioned 'sold well' at all.

2. 3 links to 3 reviewers is NOT proof that many people think that it's a great game.

3. Heck. I bet we can find 3 people who thought Dungeon lords was 'one of the best games evar'.

4. You can show many links, and it still doens't prove how greta it is. It just shows how popular a game is.

5. Again, it takes more than 3 linsk to 3 seperate rules that many people feel this way.

6. The term 'many' proves nothing as eveyr game has it ssupports that believe it's the 'best ever'.

Please try harder. :luck:

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

3. Heck. I bet we can find 3 people who thought Dungeon lords was 'one of the bets games evar'.

Ok, now you're in trouble :luck:

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

> What past?

The fact you celebrate 1999 every new years?

> I beg to differ. The unwashed masses are perfectly ok with inferior games, which explains why there aren't that many indepth RPGs in development at the moment.

So it has nothing to do with the current econ-social landscape? The fact millions were pumped into games like Bloodlines and PST and both did poor in sales? I wouldnt have much faith as a publisher to put $ into such either if I saw those numbers. Right now the pendelum is swinging towards consoles and RTS type games. Sooner or later it will swing back. Just like the EotB type CRPGs to Red Alert back to BG back to FPS/RTS... it will swing back this way with games such as NWN2 and other come out. If you dont understand the flow of the industry or you think one genere is ALWAYS going (or should) be on top you are setting yourself up to be disappointed.

But in the end publishers look at sales and trend data to decided what to invest and and consoles/RTS games are too temping not to do so.

If you think the gaming community does not know or understand what a CRPG is or why you like them I think you should stop treating them as idiots. Of course the majority of people know what BG or NWN or Obvilion is.

Perhaps they CHOOSE to like UT or Battlefield or RTS of the month better. Your argument can easily be turned around against you. As its (in their eyes) quite obvious you have no clue about the virutes of playing Quake deathmatch and waste your time on boring games like PST.

Do you think they should beat you over the head on their site explaining to yout what a idiot you are for not loving their FPS or RTS?

> Rhomal, how about you won't make any idiotic assumptions about the Codex and I won't make any idiotic assumptions about your site?

Its a observation. Dont come off as such and I will change my view.

> More bull****.

Again, its a clear observation and by the replies here I am not the only one who thinks that. Perhaps if you were less defensive and get off the 'I am always right, the rest of you are fools' horse you could see that.

> We posted them, didn't we? As funny as that sounds, we can respect someone's opinion, even if we disagree, which is more than I can say about this forum.

You did but sadly took them in compleate humor and lost/missed the message he was relayed to everyone else with them.

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

Why is it that these "debate" threads always degenerate into something like the following:

"I'm right!"

"No, I'm right!"

"No, I'm right!"

"No, I'm right!"

"No, I'm right!"

"No, I'm right!"

...... And so on.

You get the picture.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Trolling may be restricted here but I've yet to see it being moderated to any meaningful degree. And by meaningful I don't speak of a "Memento Mori" tagged to a post preceding the lock of a thread, either.

I don't know about you, but I have been moderated for trolling. One of my two official warnings I got precisely because of that. And thanks to the mostly friendly disposition of mods and their willingness to to talk things out before enforcing the rules the hard way, I'm still able to post here. Maybe it's just that the disciplining isn't done publicly. Perhaps it should?

You were talking of how some perceived issues (profanity) with posts made on the Codex, coupled with their lack of profanity filtering, led discussions into being schoolyard brawls. Likewise I indicated what I felt happened here using your formula.

Oh, that's that? I thought there was something else. As I said, no argument here. It's a matter of preference in the end, and the reason why I doubt I'll ever register there.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I can support numbersman and his interaction with the mods.

I have never been put on moderator status or anything, but I have received PMs from moderators if they felt I was getting a bit out of line....even if it's just to stop putting fuel on the fire.

"I guess VD does recognize that Neverwinter Nights, Morrowind, and Diablo are all quality RPGs. Some of the best ones ever made."

Not to mention games like Pools of Radiance 2, Dungeon Lords, Dungeon Seige, and a host of others.

Giving some example sof sites that like a game isn't proof of anything bu that site liking that game. Not of that game's greatness.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"I guess VD does recognize that Neverwinter Nights, Morrowind, and Diablo are all quality RPGs. Some of the best ones ever made."

Not to mention games like Pools of Radiance 2, Dungeon Lords, Dungeion Seige, and a host of others.

I don't know about the first two, though I wouldn't be surprised if DS won some awards as well.

Hello Llyranor,

You have received your first official warning for overly spamming in the LA Seeks to Sabotage Obsidian topic of Kotor2's General Section.

Also the rule to "not bash other game companies" has been violated over there.

Yours Faithfully,

Battlewookiee

:luck:

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I can support numbersman and his interaction with the mods.

I have never been put on moderator status or anything, but I have received PMs from moderators if they felt I was getting a bit out of line....even if it's just to stop putting fuel on the fire.

All of my PMs can be summed up in three letters.

ASL

I don't know about you, but I have been moderated for trolling. One of my two official warnings I got precisely because of that. And thanks to the mostly friendly disposition of mods and their willingness to to talk things out before enforcing the rules the hard way, I'm still able to post here. Maybe it's just that the disciplining isn't done publicly. Perhaps it should?

I have no qualms with the moderators themselves. However I have seen a fair amount of users having a particular attitude, and posting habits to go along with it, that went against forum guidelines (admitedly, some more blatantly than others) more than once and went by unchecked. Why this happens I have no idea, and I'm left wondering what exactly the definitions of "trolling" and "badmouthing other companies" are in the context of Obsidian's forums.

Oh, that's that? I thought there was something else. As I said, no argument here. It's a matter of preference in the end, and the reason why I doubt I'll ever register there.

A shame that since I think you're a fine (and I'm not talking about yout tight buns) user and would be a welcome addition to the intelligent debates that often spring up from the chaos there. To each his own.

> What past?

The fact you celebrate 1999 every new years?

I'm glad you find sharing your fantasies with me amusing.

> I beg to differ. The unwashed masses are perfectly ok with inferior games, which explains why there aren't that many indepth RPGs in development at the moment.

So it has nothing to do with the current econ-social landscape? The fact millions were pumped into games like Bloodlines and PST and both did poor in sales? I wouldnt have much faith as a publisher to put $ into such either if I saw those numbers. Right now the pendelum is swinging towards consoles and RTS type games. Sooner or later it will swing back. Just like the EotB type CRPGs to Red Alert back to BG back to FPS/RTS... it will swing back this way with games such as NWN2 and other come out. If you dont understand the flow of the industry or you think one genere is ALWAYS going (or should) be on top you are setting yourself up to be disappointed.

And how does that prove your point that the "unwashed masses" want indepth RPGs again?

If you think the gaming community does not know or understand what a CRPG is ...

What is this gaming community you speak of? What percentage of gamer wants games like Fallout or PST and what percentage wants something much simplier like God of War, for example, an enjoyable, but shallow game?

Do you think they should beat you over the head on their site explaining to yout what a idiot you are for not loving their FPS or RTS?

Again with the fantasies and assumptions. I like FPS games. I like RTS games. I also happened to like RPG games. While there is no shortage of quality shooters or strategy games, the RPG genre, especially for PC, is currently in decline.

> Rhomal, how about you won't make any idiotic assumptions about the Codex and I won't make any idiotic assumptions about your site?

Its a observation. Dont come off as such and I will change my view.

It's a faulty observation. If you want to know about my views, ask, don't assume.

...get off the 'I am always right, the rest of you are fools' horse you could see that.

You have a very vivid imagination.

You did but sadly took them in compleate humor and lost/missed the message he was relayed to everyone else with them.

I'm amazed at your mind-reading powers.

I recognize that those were popular games that many people liked. Anything else you want to recognize while I'm at it?

Thing is that popular games that many people like tend to sell in great numbers. Of course it depends on your particular definition of many.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]