Oblivion GOLD!

taks

No, even then it should have been funny. Good job, guy.

Edited by SSgtSniper

And shepherds we shall be,

for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,

that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.

So we shall flow a river forth unto Thee,

and teeming with souls shall it ever be,

In Nomine Patris, et Fili, et Spiritus Sancti.

1) You can ride horses in Oblivion, and yes they do cast shadows.

I dunno, I've heard such fantastic claims before of other games, only to be dissapointed later. This just might be more "shadow hype".

::shakes fist:: god help you if it's shadow hype

snip

I was making fun of the fuss over the horse shadow, in no way does the views of Kaftan reflect the views of myself, Obsidian Entertainment, or horses with shadows.

I just want that noted so when 'Strider decides to start hunting forum member down and sporking their eyes out I'm at the very least last on the list.

[A bunch of crap cut out here]

-Ok, but in no interviews or articles have you spoken of the actual gameplay, story or roleplaying features of the game. Now, why is that?

[More stuff meant to be funny removed here]

:-

Have you bothered to actually READ any of the interviews?

Todd Howard talks about gameplay all the time. The story of Oblivion is pretty well covered. "Roleplaying features," you mean like speechcraft skills, stealthing...?

Yes, Kaftan, we know you hate Bethesda. If you're going to make fun of Bethesda, at least make fun of Bethesda while:

1) Being funny.

2) Cracking jokes with merit.

P.S. You can't use the "everything is funnier when it doesn't make sense and has monkies" defense, this time.

360 version will have add-ons, in the form of downloadable content from Bethesda.

I mean MODs!!!

Will the 360 have hundreds (like Morrowind dose) of mods for download?

Deadly_Nightshade

P.S.

Yes, I like mods...

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I'm just surprised so many people hate Bethesda on this board. I mean, I wasn't a huge Boringwind fan, but I thought the game had some solid ideas. From what I've heard, the devs took some of those complaints to heart in crafting Oblivion. The fact that they don't have us fighting some stupid teradactyl every other foot on a HUGE map makes me a believer right away.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I think the majority of the animosity towards them is the fact they got Fallout by the throat and their style of making games is definitely has no place in Fallout.

Yup, many here are from the old BIS-forums and there was a whole lot of "Will Obsidian or Troika do Fallout 3?"-threads in 2004.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I think the majority of the animosity towards them is the fact they got Fallout by the throat and their style of making games is definitely has no place in Fallout.

:)

Oblivion isn't out yet, and Fallout is naught but a twinkle in their eye, and yet people are still convinced that they can't make it.

Your arrogance is greater than anything you ascribe to Bethesday. :thumbsup:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

All you have to do is look at the style of the original Fallouts and the style in which Bethesda presents their games to see that they don't mesh. Bethesda already stated that they are going to continue in which the style they are comfortable with when they are going to make Fallout 3. It doesn't take a whole lot of brains to see how their Fallout is going to be like.

Harvey

It is being made and to deny that fact is to be delusional. I am not saying that Bethesda are incapable of making a good Fallout game, but I am saying that it is highly unlikely they will choose to. I am expecting Bethesda to make out of Fallout 3 is a game similar in style to their past games such as the TES series, PotC, and the such. If they do what I expect then the game will be Fallout in name only and I have yet spent money on a game that is like that.

If you are going to name a game off a older title then have it be as close as possible to that title, otherwise don't use the name at all.

Edited by 6 Foot Invisible Rabbit

Harvey

It's very unlikely Bethesda's FO will be accepted because it's likely to be very different from what made Fallout what it was. Then agian it's been so long, that not expecting changes would be ridiculous.

If people want an old style FO that badly, ask someone to do a handheld version. Because thats the only place something like that could still have the same game structure and actually expect to sell decent numbers.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

You know Hades One, if you would show similar stamina in bed with woman as you show in certain topics(religion, F3, D2) I bet that woman would never let you leave the bedroom. :blink:

But now it

Edited by kirottu

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.