Oblivion GOLD!

taks

If you buy Oblivion untested, youre either an idiot or a Morrowind fan... which is kind of the same thing :lol:"

I like Gothic2 a lot more than Morrowind and that is saying something.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Okay now boys and girls, I would like you all to concentrate for a moment. I will be quoting a passage in which there is craftily placed a large hint. Try and see if you can see it, through the deviously inventive camouflage:

Um, for the record, I'm pretty certain that there ARE HORSES. You just can't fight on them.

And my computer would cough up blood if I tried to run this game. But my birthday is in April.....

And now this message from our commentators:

Horsies! With shadows!? :)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Horsies! With shadows!?  :)

Vampire horsies suck!

They certainly do.

Anyway, I can't wait. Not that I'm getting this game on release, but this is definately one step closer to the ultimate goal.

Also, I need a game to really test out my new rig. :)

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

I hope Oblivion will have lots of quests like looking for the awesome mage guild members that play pranks on the guild head by casting Invisible on themselves or hunting down lions that have been hiding in people's basements and killing people's rats. I mean, how are those *not* genius?

Quests are just as much about implementation as concept. I dont quite remember where I read it, but I saw a preview of Oblivion in the past few days describing a quest in which you enter an oil painting to search for a missing painter. The entire world inside the painting is done in oils. I thought that was fairly interesting, and while the kernel may be "retrieve the lost guy," the environment adds something to it.

Dont judge the game until you actually play it.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

I just felt ripped off that even after I defeated an evil god, all that happens is that before mentioned ten second scene. One of the most unfulfilling end sequences ever.

i venture to say that end sequence was worse than K2's... :ph34r:

I was fine with that ending since it was as much "ending sequence" you usually get with the Elder Scrolls games.

Actually.. If you played Daggerfall to the end, you ended up with one of seven pre-rendered cut scenes, depending on which faction you were friends with. Sure, they were pretty short, but they tied up the loose ends much better than the scripted even that took place after Morrowind was completed.

You can watch them all here:

http://til.gamingsource.net/tsod/mantella.shtml

I've played almost every TES game and I went through almost every ending in Daggerfall. They weren't that much different in length or content in my opinion compared to Morrowind but whatever. In the end every ending in Daggerfall is a moot point since they all happened according Morrowind due to some kind of paradox tied to the Mantella and the Numidium.

Edited by Berserk

I hope Oblivion will have lots of quests like looking for the awesome mage guild members that play pranks on the guild head by casting Invisible on themselves or hunting down lions that have been hiding in people's basements and killing people's rats. I mean, how are those *not* genius?

Quests are just as much about implementation as concept. I don't quite remember where I read it, but I saw a preview of Oblivion in the past few days describing a quest in which you enter an oil painting to search for a missing painter. The entire world inside the painting is done in oils. I thought that was fairly interesting, and while the kernel may be "retrieve the lost guy," the environment adds something to it.

Don't judge the game until you actually play it.

Ha! I've played a NwN community mod like that ... (without the change in rendering style to indicate the PC's surroundings were in a virtual world in the virtual world of the mod). I think it was In The Footsteps Of Dante, or the sequel. :rolleyes:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Okay now boys and girls, I would like you all to concentrate for a moment. I will be quoting a passage in which there is craftily placed a large hint. Try and see if you can see it, through the deviously inventive camouflage:
Um, for the record, I'm pretty certain that there ARE HORSES. You just can't fight on them.

And my computer would cough up blood if I tried to run this game. But my birthday is in April.....

And now this message from our commentators:

Horsies! With shadows!? ;)

Yep, Horsies. 100% sure.

Not sure if they have shadows, but maybe you can name one Shadow if not

Do you ever play or talk about anything different than FF?

Jeez  ;)

(Yeah, I know...sorry...bad mood)

Frequently.

But when a franchise spans 12 games it will inevitably come up a lot as a comparison. :)

Plus I just played the lot back to back, so they are fresh in my mind :)

Really ? wonder what did that...

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Yep, Horsies. 100% sure.

Not sure if they have shadows, but maybe you can name one Shadow if not

So you can use them as a transport device ? But you can't fight on horseback ?

Tis my understanding, but apparently it sucks

The horse "turns like a tank" and it is where alot of the "magically appearing walls" and framerate issues pop-up. Apparently.

Tis my understanding, but apparently it sucks

The horse "turns like a tank" and it is where alot of the "magically appearing walls" and framerate issues pop-up. Apparently.

Not suprising.

Very few games get horses right. Shame really because if Oblivion is that big, its a game that really needs something to ride around on.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Woo-hoo! Good work.

"Our most ambitious project ever is finally done," said Todd Howard, executive producer of Oblivion. "We're excited to get the game into everyone's hands and let them experience it for themselves. We hope they enjoy it. I think it's our best game yet."

:(

...Oblivion is an epic, open-ended single-player RPG for the next generation providing gamers with one of the most life-like gaming experiences to date. The powerful combination of unprecedented graphics and freeform gameplay allows gamers to unravel the main quest or explore the vast world at their own pace....

That mightbe good. But it might mean more polygon soup eating ... 8)

LOL! :lol:

I can't wait to play & mod it...

Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot