KOTOR2's My Favorite Game, but I hate one thing...

I liked Kreia but I felt like I was constantly trying to get her approval, you just can't please her. Save a family , she calls you weak and spineless. If you kill them all she calls you merciless and brutal to the point of incompetence.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't... yup, that sounds like Kreia :D

Okay, move this one to spoilers.

Kriea- "There are techniques withing the Force against which there is no defense. I was cast out. Stripped of my power. Exiled. I suffered indignities. And fell into darkness."

This is the dialogue she is saying while the video of Sion beating the snot out of her is playing. In the video, Nihilus does something to her, and she is no longer able to grab her lightsaber with the force, remember? Then Sion beats the crap out of her.

Well damn, thanks a lot Sniper. That's one of my favorite parts of the game and one of my favorite bink movies. I never realized they cut her off from the Force. I thought they merely overwhelmed her to a point where she couldn't retaliate. But saying the words over and over it does seem to fit what you say. Excellent observation. That would mean that Nihilus was immensely powerful as it took 4 Jedi Masters to try to strip away the MC powers.

You do remember instances where she complimented you, right? Don't kill Kumas (the stranded Mandalorian) by pressing the button. You don't need to do that to get dark side points there. I hate the beggar on Nar Shadaa scene and also dantooine after you've killed the Jedi masters. Otherwise, I like that we can agree on my intentions to use the party as pawns to achieve victory, persecute the refugees etc etc

The MC??? (Sorry... :lol: )

If you are cut off from the Force by others, they do not rip you from its presence: they build a 'wall' around you, so that you still have a connection to it, you just can't manipulate it or use it to any extent whatsoever.

The Exile was different, but Kreia and Ulic Qel-Droma were cut off from the Force in a way similar to the above.

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

The MC??? (Sorry... :lol: )

If you are cut off from the Force by others, they do not rip you from its presence: they build a 'wall' around you, so that you still have a connection to it, you just can't manipulate it or use it to any extent whatsoever.

The Exile was different, but Kreia and Ulic Qel-Droma were cut off from the Force in a way similar to the above.

That's a very good way of putting it.

So killing the Force would do more than seperate the Jedi and Sith from their powers. Everyone would die.

So my view is that Kreia's a nasty old hag, evil to the core, pretending to be gray in order to win the Exile's support and teach valuable lessons.

The MC??? (Sorry... :huh: )

So killing the Force would do more than seperate the Jedi and Sith from their powers. Everyone would die.

We don't actually know, but given the relationship between life and the force, that does seem to be one possibility. Perhaps even a likely one.

So my view is that Kreia's a nasty old hag, evil to the core, pretending to be gray in order to win the Exile's support and teach valuable lessons.

Yes, that's how I see her too. She's DS because she wants the force to die, the consequences for everyone else be damned.

Basically Kreia is the Star Wars version of Ahab, at war with god, here represented by the force in this case.

The MC??? (Sorry... >_< )

We don't actually know, but given the relationship between life and the force, that does seem to be one possibility. Perhaps even a likely one.

Yes, that's how I see her too. She's DS because she wants the force to die, the consequences for everyone else be damned.

Basically Kreia is the Star Wars version of Ahab, at war with god, here represented by the force in this case.

An interesting analogy of Kreia being like Ahab. At war, trying to destroy the ultimate power in the universe that can not be destroyed.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

But despite it all, at the final battle, I had the strong impression that Kreia did not intend or want to kill / defeat the exile at all... she had merely brought the exile there so that he/she may make the decisions he/she must. Atris, of course, contends that Kreia wishes to destroy the exile to create a larger 'wound' in the force, more physically grounded (hey, sounds like Sephiroth.), so that she may use it to destroy the force.... and she does warble on about that int he final conversation, but she also accepts defeat and death with calmness and - I see - relief? Or rather, serene acceptance?

Of course, she's still a manipulative old witch, but I always found her lessons about strength and trials very difficult to resist. Hell, on my single LS playthrough I gave up Light Mastery for a while just to agree with that.

She seems as though she has little or no hope for anybody except the Exile...

It's almost nauseating (sp? :wub:).

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Considering that Kreia hates the force and wishes it destroyed, I doubt she has hope for anyone.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

But despite it all, at the final battle, I had the strong impression that Kreia did not intend or want to kill / defeat the exile at all... she had merely brought the exile there so that he/she may make the decisions he/she must. Atris, of course, contends that Kreia wishes to destroy the exile to create a larger 'wound' in the force, more physically grounded (hey, sounds like Sephiroth.), so that she may use it to destroy the force.... and she does warble on about that int he final conversation, but she also accepts defeat and death with calmness and - I see - relief? Or rather, serene acceptance?

Of course, she's still a manipulative old witch, but I always found her lessons about strength and trials very difficult to resist. Hell, on my single LS playthrough I gave up Light Mastery for a while just to agree with that.

The person who voices her was in an episode of Midsummer Murders (not long after KOTOR II was released) She's very compelling in person too.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I see what he's saying, although it'd only work on PC.

He'd select option 1, and then type it in the way he wanted it to actually be said.

1.Politely Request a Bacta Beer

"Hey Bartender, a round of Bacta Beer and keep the change!" While he tosses the barkeep a hundred credits....

I gotta say, his idea is interesting, but ultimately, it'd annoy the piss out of me. Just give me some stuff to choose, and let me go on.

um i still haven't caught up on this thread but i just wanted to say NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. :huh:

It's not so tough people, I really don't get how so many people can get so confused.

LITERALLY, your choice is WHAT you say, not HOW you say it. You click a caption that says: "You order a Bacta-Fizz Soda". That's all! It's that easy! And if there's a light-side way to do it, then it becomes: "You politely request a bacta," and if there's a dark-side way to do it, then you can pick, "You aggressively demand a bacta."

So instead of clicking a link that says, "Yes, I'm a meek light-sider and I'd like to please kindly humbly request the possibility of a beverage of some kind!", or a link that says, "Grr I'm mean and evil gimme one or else grr!", you just pick something generic and your /own/ dialogue is all your own.

GEEZ >:~(

ok catching up with the rest now (as if it really matters)

An interesting analogy of Kreia being like Ahab. At war, trying to destroy the ultimate power in the universe that can not be destroyed.

I mentioned it in a lengthy post before. It's here for anyone who's interested...

I like your Ahab analogy,though i personally think that Kreia is simillar to another charecter made by the same people who spawned kreia - Ravel.

Ravel is a seeker of freedom in any form and for anybody, this is a holy quests for her she even tries to set those free who dosen't wish to be free like the Lady Of Pain or free The Nameless One from a Contract that can't be broken, any cage in any form is a enemy for Ravel.

Kreia seeks the dead of the force since by her meaning the force is oppresive, manouvering people to do it's bidding Light/Dark dosen't matter ,after all there is only one Force and both Jedi and Sith dance to it's tone, In a way all se seeks is freedom in a twistet way much like Ravel.

And there is her flaw.

But, we're getting too close to going back to the 30 bazillion page about the nature of the Force from years ago, so let's not go there, unless you really want to.

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Kreia seeks the dead of the force since by her meaning the force is oppresive, manouvering people to do it's bidding Light/Dark dosen't matter ,after all there is only one Force and both Jedi and Sith dance to it's tone, In a way all se seeks is freedom in a twistet way much like Ravel.

Kreia dont care if the force is opressive or manipulate others. She only cares about that it could possibly influence her.

That she could manipulate the force is just right to her, but she does not accept that by that connection she is herself infuenced by the force and though that her own actions.

She simply cant accept that anyone have power over her.

She is as a twisted puppy as they come, and she is willing to kill everything in the universe to teach the universe that she is not to be messed with. She is as dark as they come, and ultimatly much worse threat then even the emperor ever will be (he settle for destroying a few worlds that don't obey him).

More or less, I suppose...

:mellow:

Something more: There are a whole lot more than just the Jedi and Sith to "dance to it", as evidenced by the insanely high amounts of more ethnically-focused Jedi Robes in Kotor II... plus, there are also Dark Jedi, and untrained Forse Users that serve the Light Side.

The Jedi and Sith have just existed for forever, so the average citizen only thinks of them when they see things flying around a robe-wearing bearded guy (stereotipical, I know, but it gets my point across). Notice how even Dark Jedi are usually known as "Dark" Jedi, which goes even further to show how the Jedi are the only Force Users known to the general Star Wars populace.

Edited by The Great Phantom

Geekified Star Wars Geek

She simply cant accept that anyone have power over her.

She is as a twisted puppy as they come, and she is willing to kill everything in the universe to teach the universe that she is not to be messed with. She is as dark as they come, and ultimatly much worse threat then even the emperor ever will be (he settle for destroying a few worlds that don't obey him).

And that is why she's so loveable. It's sad that none of the protagonists have such a defined goal as hers. They all seem to allow others to control them - and actually stand for it. Maybe they should have taken a page out of Kreia's book. Let nothing control you; that is true strength. ;)

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!