Movies You Have Seen Lately

Dark_Raven

The Boys from Brazil

Don't know if anyone here has seen that, but it involves a neo-nazi society trying to take over the world by producing hundreds of Hitler-clones and trying to raise them in similar circumstances (such as killing off all their fathers).

The Boys from Brazil

Don't know if anyone here has seen that, but it involves a neo-nazi society trying to take over the world by producing hundreds of Hitler-clones and trying to raise them in similar circumstances (such as killing off all their fathers).

Ive not heard of that movie. Are we talking literally cloning Hitler?

Someone implied that I said Natalie Portman is hot. I definitely did not say that. I think she has the potential to be a great actress, but I have never found her all that attractive. Honestly she looks too young to me, but again, I've been watching her in films since she was a young girl. She's not ugly, but she's just not my type. Sorry Natalie.

... Nor is she a good actress. (Okay, she was okay in Leon/The Professional, but that was child actress territory, and very few children end up making the transition to the adult arena.)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Closer was pretty icky. My wife pretty much glared at me for even picking it out. There was a lot of sex talk, but it wasn't edgy, it was just uncomfortable. It's also about people who can't be faithful to their spouses. I don't really get that.

Closer was pretty icky.  My wife pretty much glared at me for even picking it out.  There was a lot of sex talk, but it wasn't edgy, it was just uncomfortable.  It's also about people who can't be faithful to their spouses.  I don't really get that.

It's based on a successful play. But the screenplay changed some of the fundamental aspects of the play (can't remember all the details off hand): I just remember that at the time of adjudication, when I had all the facts to hand, this was not a worthwhile film.

Infidelity is not patricularly new, noteworthy nor interesting.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Yesterday I finally managed to see Munich. I enjoyed it very much; Spielberg's way of dealing with multiple themes other than the main motive of the film shine trough, and the solid performance helped a lot. Even situations which may be considered pass