What are you playing now....

Darque

Well they get kinda hungry, so I woudn't put it psat them. After all, the only reason they aren't spilling out onto the keyboard is because they're all eating each other ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

So I just played the first bit of FEAR. And I think it is trying really hard ... somewhere between Half-Life and Max Payne ... though without much story. The developers seem to be relying on the fact that the audience will be "Wow! I'm a super-soldier!" factor.

I am significantly underwelmed so far. I'm not even sure I should be shooting at everyone (are they on my side?) ... every time I shoot someone their cries for help come over my intercom.) :(

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I've been playing a bit of Thief: Deadly Shadows, but it takes a while to get used to the movement scheme of the main character. He kind of wobbles forward when you walk with him and the entire character feels somewhat sluggish to move around, almost like he is drunk.

Other than that and the cramped maps it's quite good. Oh, and why on earth are so many games actually decreasing map-sizes from sequel to sequel? We get faster computers with more memory and even more powerful GPU's.. and still it feels like games only get smaller and smaller.

Mad props to Bethesda for going the other way, no matter how sucky their games turn out to be in the end.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Snap

For DX:IW and Thief 3 that was because Ion Storms edited UE2 engine couldn't run large maps. Blame the inferior technique of the first X-Box and Ion Storms bad programming skills (I mean; no water? What the hell?)

Currently playing:

Syberia

Runaway: A road Adventure

Dungeon Siege 2

Deus Ex

I don't know anyone but me who actually liked this, but a lot of it hit my sense of humour pretty well.  How's it going?

Pretty funny. Too bad there is so many "pixel hunt" and because I lack the patience to draw the mouse over entire screen I have to refer to a walkthrough pretty often...

I've been playing a bit of Thief: Deadly Shadows, but it takes a while to get used to the movement scheme of the main character. He kind of wobbles forward when you walk with him and the entire character feels somewhat sluggish to move around, almost like he is drunk.

Other than that and the cramped maps it's quite good. Oh, and why on earth are so many games actually decreasing map-sizes from sequel to sequel? We get faster computers with more memory and even more powerful GPU's.. and still it feels like games only get smaller and smaller.

Mad props to Bethesda for going the other way, no matter how sucky their games turn out to be in the end.

I actually like the way Garret moves around in DS. It's a lot more realistic in my eyes. Where other FPS are completely smooth and instantanious in forward and lateral movement...well, that just never seemed right to me. But whatever.

I've finally gotten around to playing KotOR2.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Currently playing:

Syberia

OMG HEARTS

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Oblivion is supposed to be a lot smaller than Morrowind  :huh:

It's only 16x16 miles, you mean? Yeah, they're probably going for the smaller maps too.. but seeing as they started with a map the size of Great Britain (Daggerfall, I don't count Arena) it's not as visible anyhow.

I also enjoyed Runaway: A Road Adventure! So did my mom :ermm:

Currently playing:

Syberia

OMG HEARTS

:ermm:

*ahem*

OMG :huh:

Update # ? in this thread:

The same games as before - NWN (still modding albeit slowly, dialogue writing takes forever.....), and MVP Baseball 2006 (on 6th season).

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Then it probably is so. That's not very big though, is it? Oh well, scratch Bethesda too from that damn list then! Grr.

Edit: I just realized that a game like Boiling Point has ~175 square miles of map. Is it possible that Oblivion is only 16 square miles?! That's absolutely tiny! Smaller than Gothic, even. Where does it say this?

Edited by mkreku