Winter Olympics

Delta Truth

I love the Olympics >_<)

By the way, my dream finals would be Sweden vs. Finland. I want the gold and I want Finland to be there and watch us win it!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Well, I'm disappointed we didn't even place, but the way we were playing I'm not surprised.

When they wouldn't allow us to put that loonie at centre ice we knew we were doomed though.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I like both the Russian and American. Acutally, all of the girls I've seen so far have been friendly and articulate. Sometimes I cringe when I hear the athletes, but the women figure skaters have been a good bunch.

All things being equal, I'd like to see my country win, but I'm happy to see good performances. After years of my wife forcing me to watch Olympic figure skating, I'm actually growing fond of it. On the other hand, the same isn't true for the Academy awards, which I continue to despise with a passion.

BTW: Ugly Olympic syndrome isn't reserved for athletes. Look at what Gumble has to say:

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I like both the Russian and American.  Acutally, all of the girls I've seen so far have been friendly and articulate.  Sometimes I cringe when I hear the athletes, but the women figure skaters have been a good bunch.

All things being equal, I'd like to see my country win, but I'm happy to see good performances.

You're just not cut out for this thread eldar. Get some Olympic spirt and start cursing the Russians!

Yeah, but you took bronze, and that is a feat indeed. The little Georgian (country, not state) girl exemplifies the Olympics. She didn't win a medal, but she went out there and gave everything she had. That, not the medal, is why we have Olympics.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I've enjoyed the Winter Olympics a lot this past fortnight, despite the UK winning only one silver medal and not really threatening for many more. The aerial skiing last night has to be the most entertaining event so far. :lol:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I think more skaters fell on their behinds this time around then in all the past Olympics combined. Fine, it's an exaggeration, but it's still been very frequent. At least, what they show on the network.

The US isn't doing too bad medal wise but I think almost half of is from snowboarding. Heh.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts