KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

the Ebon Hawk could've developped a conscience out of roaming the galaxy for 4000 years.

Like Vger in Star trek the movie

Yes. And then Lando finds it, and thinks of making a profit with this old ship..but he realizes it would cost too much to restorate it, and when he has no price for the race, he remembers it, and gives it as the 1st price (there are no other prices, only the 1st on in race gets one...so Lando wins anyway ;) )

Edited by jorian

IB1OsQq.png

the Ebon Hawk could've developped a conscience out of roaming the galaxy for 4000 years.

Yes. And then Lando finds it, and thinks of making a profit with this old ship..but he realizes it would cost too much to restorate it, and when he has no price for the race, he remembers it, and gives it as the 1st price (there are no other prices, only the 1st on in race gets one...so Lando wins anyway :thumbsup: )

I don't think swoop racing exists anymore after Ep 6 though. Maybe Podracing.

Yes. And then Lando finds it, and thinks of making a profit with this old ship..but he realizes it would cost too much to restorate it, and when he has no price for the race, he remembers it, and gives it as the 1st price (there are no other prices, only the 1st on in race gets one...so Lando wins anyway :thumbsup: )

...OK, and later swoop comes back, even if just on really small number of planets. But it comes back....I like swoop more than pod :(

IB1OsQq.png

...OK, and later swoop comes back, even if just on really small number of planets. But it comes back....I like swoop more than pod :(

I would a starship race. Could justify the customizability of the Ebon Hawk.

...OK, and later swoop comes back, even if just on really small number of planets. But it comes back....I like swoop more than pod :)

I would a starship race. Could justify the customizability of the Ebon Hawk.

The game should have all three, and an extra too: those bikes from Jedi Academy ( me needes to fight and race on them...jedi knight with lightsaber on that bike...cool :( )

IB1OsQq.png

I would like some background on Yoda, Yaddle and Vandar. Where are they from?

George Lucas himself once said that Yoda's background as a race will be a mystery. Thus, Yoda and look-alikes will just be there.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Has anyone noticed that LucasArts hasn't announced a new game in awhile? With the release of Empire at War sometime next week the only other title they will be working on (other than patching Empire at War) will be the expanision for Battlefront II. This is unusual cause they usually are working on 2-3 full games at once.

I myself am expecting a new game title to be announced sometime this week and hopefully it will be the third (and probably last) episode in the epic KotOR series (if they plan to make a trilogy that is).

We know from old press releases that they had a team working on KotOR III but then fired them for some reason so perhaps a new team has picked up the project.

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

The game should have all three, and an extra too: those bikes from Jedi Academy ( me needes to fight and race on them...jedi knight with lightsaber on that bike...cool  :thumbsup: )

Those bikes where awesome I totally agree with you on this. Especially if I can chop down infantry while flying by on a bike.

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

No rocket launcher, sniper rifle or BFG. This is Star Wars, not DOOM. The lightsaber is a more elegant weapon, from more civilized days.

it's all about role-playing....I agree that having a Jedi Knight running around with heavy weapons would be lame....BUT, what about Canderous types? he ain't using no lightsaber. what about multithreaded adventures when there is no Force sensitive in your squad? heavy weapons serve a purpose, yes, even in Star Wars.

and I do want rideable vehicle like tanks.

1Revan & Exile genders as the player played through before or chosen through dialogue

and through that there could be romance options and there will be need for both crews of the ebon hawk for a bit of fun

2.how about it be since they look for the "True Sith" even being leveled up they are low levels to the enemies in unknown regions(being weak to them) and they together help build the jedi/sith back to the way it was(I guess you could rebuild both for "balance to the force") and the true sith could be like the sith masters kriea spoke of (Children playing with toys to the old sith masters)

3.New races but for me to be more clear let me aol speak Y0D@,V@|\/DAR(vandar), and y@D||E

4.ANCIENT TEMPLES OF LEARNING NOT CONNECTED TO THE MAIN PLOT but can interconnect such as a ossus or trayus sort of thing and the realization of the power of Darth Bane

5.At a critical moment in the game if you are a new pc or revan or exile revan or exile come or even *Vandar* plax I can picture it now somebody even more powerful than tulak horde. Darth Bane. or the masters before 9,000B.B.Y(Lightsaber creation correct?)

then BOOM vandar pops in with the yoda screen with dual staves attacking the great sith lord(Big boss plax even bigger than the biggest boss =P) making him flee to his master @_@(Darth Dihilous? =P or maybe somebody that has recovered tulaks holocron and Ajuntas lightsaber or nadds blasters or perhaps the weapons used before the creation of the lightsaber or the Rakataka or the hutt domination the VERY TRUE LORDS) *Prays to the lord*

6.For another one of those dance for the hutt options :lol: cept more revealing? *Ahem*

Ill say more later

Edited by CalmWinds

@ TheArchitect Ok a few of problems from my perspective. First of all, when did Bao-Dur die? If he died during the cut content, it does not count and neither does Carth dying either. The official game was released without the cut content, and not all of us are going to go and buy the computer game if we have the X-box game to see deleted scenes that will not matter anyway. Second of all, I am sorry but it is not fair for us girl gamers to get shafted if there is going to be a continuing romance storyline and only Bastila is there and not Carth. I know a lot of people dislike Carth, but a lot of people like Carth as well. I also know that guy players outweigh heavily on the number of girl gamers, but hey.. I would like my fair share too. It was fair in Kotor I and II, each got 2 possible "love interests" and it should stay that way.

Another thing is, I highly doubt Mission, Juhani or Zaalbar will be in the next one simply because they were not there in the second one. And also, Revan went alone so Mission and Zaalbar could not be there to honor the lifedebt anyway.

Characters that should be in there prominently in K3 are Carth, Bastila, Jolee, Canderous, Atton, Visas, Disciple, Handmaiden, and the droids.

Carth/Bastila to complete the Revan Storyline.

Jolee because everyone seems to love him.

Canderous because so many people like him as well and the devs will give the fans most of the time what they want.

Atton because not only he is like Han Solo, but to complete the Exile's storyline.

Visas look above minus the Han Solo part.

And finally, the droids have been in the 1st and 2nd. They deserve to be in the 3rd.

I, however, think that Canderous, Disciple, Handmaiden, and Jolee should be NPC's.

Why? Canderous is always getting sidetracked to save the galaxy, he needs to come to his senses that now that is around 45 that he needs to focus on the Mandalorian clans instead of teaming up with you. As for the Disciple and Handmaiden, their fates were told by Kreia about they would become a part of the future Jedi Council. I think Jolee should be there if Revan was LS because not only he is even OLDER, but would do a good job being a big part of the Jedi Council.

@AstroCreep Why not? The story is based off of Revan, with the Exile leading to it. You are heading to the same place, and usually the trilogy marks the end of things. People will want this game to be epic, and I do not feel it would be as epic if we had some of the characters in 1 and 2, but not involved in 3. I mean, how nice would it be to actually have Bastila or someone else that you really liked fighting by your side again? I mean, in the movies you had the same people.Han Solo and the droids stayed all throughout the latter part, and Obi-Wan stayed as Anakin's teacher.They did not just fade off in the background, and I would not want the same for the characters I have really liked. What did everyone else that fought so loyally by Revan's and the Exile's side have no more interest in wanting to help save the galaxy or even care about their friend of even lover? That does not seem logical to me, since this is an rpg game and storylines play a major role in rpg's. We would be left with all these holes that would make hard-core rpgers (such as myself) quite mad at how crappy of a job they did wrapping up the story.

Why do we need a whole new cast? What is so wrong with keeping the ones we already like?What seems logical to me is, we keep some from 1 and 2 depending on alignment/gender choices and get a few new people concerning alignment/gender choices as well. At least it would be easier on the game developers to only make a few extra characters instead of a whole slew of them.

To both of you or anyone else that wants to agree/disagree on my criticisms..feel free to do so.

Edited by Phaedra36

We would be left with all these holes that would make hard-core rpgers (such as myself) quite mad at how crappy of a job they did wrapping up the story.

Why do we need a whole new cast? What is so wrong with keeping the ones we already like?

To both of you or anyone else that wants to agree/disagree on my criticisms..feel free to do so.

I don't think we need a whole new cast for K3 either; I agree that the previously established characters need to have closure. However, and i think you'd agree, there should probably be a new PC and maybe some other new characters because of that, since people like to have a new customizable character for a new RPG.

We would be left with all these holes that would make hard-core rpgers (such as myself) quite mad at how crappy of a job they did wrapping up the story.

Why do we need a whole new cast? What is so wrong with keeping the ones we already like?

I don't think we need a whole new cast for K3 either; I agree that the previously established characters need to have closure. However, and i think you'd agree, there should probably be a new PC and maybe some other new characters because of that, since people like to have a new customizable character for a new RPG.

Oh, I whole-heartedly agree. Yes, I do want a new character, new friends,and at the same time want the other main characters from 1 and 2 to end. I personally do not care on who dies, who marries, who breaks up with you, etc. etc. as long as I see an ending to Atton's, Bastila's, Revan's, etc. story-wise. Not saying I don't mind happy endings! :o

that all sounds good. but personally i'd like to play revan or the exile again for the Whole game. how they would work thatt out? not for me to decide, im not the writer. Thats how I would like it to be, and frankly Im not to happy about having to play another character and learn all the crap again, and if they start off with all the powers then that takes away from the personalization of the game. in my oppinion. and thats MY oppinion. Im allowed to have it.

the way to use tanks, etc would be to do it in an RPGish sort of way.

let us say that you have to infiltrate an enemy compound.

you might scale the walls of the compound OR you might get Bao Dur to fix the old tank you found (the one with a bulldozer attachment on the front) and to have a squad member use that to compromise a section of wall in the compound.

you dont HAVE to use it but it is one way to get the job done...I am definitely not talking about vehicle combat for a KOTOR game....while it would be sweet, it would probably take too much in the way of time....time that could be spent better on other things.

I didn't read all the posts, so if you read this one and it's idea was already posted- please let me know...

btw sorry for my english :\

My idea for KOTOR 3 is very simple. You take the 3th and the 6th movies and mix them up + change the enviroment to the one that was supposed to be 4,000 earlier and "w`alla" you have your kotor 3.

Why I think in that rout? Because the 1st and the 2nd games were absolutly similiar to the 1st 4th-2nd 5th movies.

Each game opened in the same exposition, same ideas and THE very same End.

for example, you can look at the end of the 5th movie and at the end of the second game...

Both ships fly into the deep space when the end is unclear, the evil wasn't defeated yet but there is still hope for victory. I don't think it was made by mistake.. and if it was, so you can count me as a mad man and send me to a clinic

Edited by aerous

I think there was too much going on in between the 3rd and the 6th movies for much of it to be fitted into Game 3. First of all, lets talk about who dies.

Darth Vader, Padme, Mace Windu, and Senator Palpatine. Now for your idea to work most efficiently, Revan would have to fall again to the Dark Side by promises of someone like Senator Palpatine because they are afraid either Carth or Bastila is going to die. So far this is ok, but this would kind of force Revan to be a Dark Sider. So someone has to die in order for them to prove their worth and pretty much Revan would just watch <insert name here> destroy <insert name here>. Preferably this could be an NPC because the Exile is too strong to just get electrocuted to death imo.

Carth/Bastila board the Ebon Hawk and find Revan being all darkish and perhaps the Exile and him fight because Revan is mad Carth/Bastila boarded the ship to see Revan. Exile and Revan fight (and this would make people mad) that the Exile wins and pretty much Revan is obliterated but not dead all the way.

Carth/Bastila winds up dying anyway, and everyone else lives so far.

The 6th episode would be a mixture of Exile and the apprentice (think Luke) trying to destroy Revan. No one else dies, and in the end the apprentice almost dies from <insert name here> and Revan kills that person because he does not want the apprentice (your char.) to die while Revan is dying because of the apprentice's blows. This would make people mad because they put revan on such a high pedestal.

Anyway. Revan's ship is destroyed, and people celebrate down below.

Why did I say Revan? Revan has been in the very beginning, and Han Solo lives with his love so thus the Exile would live lol.

While this is a good idea, forced alignment changes and someone lower than Revan killing him/her in the end would make people pretty angry, don't you think?

You said that thing about the froced alignament... I didn't mention it anywhere.

First of all, I didn't say the game must go by the script of these 2 films. I said it will be as close as you can get.

I didn't say any of the things you've just written.

I thought that as the first and the second games had been influenced by the films, so the 3rd will be the same...

And what about the story?

I think that you'll have the choice of revan or exile (at the beginning) ....!!!!!or even a better idea, you'll choose them both!!!!! and you'll have the choise of which one would you play... revan and the exile fight the sith and by the middle of the game they start gaining popularity of the jedi(that still live) or (DS) you will join the sith as their leader ...

but I wont get into that because it's not what I was talking about at the first post of mine...

I believe that there will be another "evil" guy to kill in the end of the game.... and I think the game must and as the 3rd movie(DS)-or-the 6th(LS) ended... there are 2 options, as always.

When I said "A mixup of the 3rd and the 6th movies"... i ment a MIXUP... not the whole story of 3rd and the 6th...

I realy suggest to all of yu to watch the movies again, and right after that- play the games. If you wont have that feeling of deja vu in your head, I'll shut my mouth.

think about it

Edited by aerous

If the game follows the movies, it should be purely coincidental. I mean, it is already almost copying the universe of Star Wars. We need originality and I really hope they didn't actually go out of their way to mask obvious inspirations from the movies to avoid accusations of plagiarism.