KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

Something I just thought of

If they do the whole Lightsaber Forms Shindig again they should give each form unique animations other wise it looses some of its luster.

Perhaps even have unique stances and flourishes for each form although I personally think that lightsaber combat shouldn't be summed up into "forms"

If you want to play some decent lightsaber duels, I suggest Jedi Academy. If you want to play a party of characters that explore and discover a good story, new weapons, armour and items and travel from one planet to another in an early setting of the Star Wars universe, I suggest Knights of the Old Republic.

Star Wars is many things, including a sci-fi/fantasy story/universe, space battles and lightsaber duels. Fitting all this in a balanced manner and pleasing everyone, in a single game, is impossible. That is why there are many types of games based on Star Wars and not a single game remade every year.

If they do the whole Lightsaber Forms Shindig again they should give each form unique animations other wise it looses some of its luster.

Perhaps even have unique stances and flourishes for each form although I personally think that lightsaber combat shouldn't be summed up into "forms"

If you want to play some decent lightsaber duels, I suggest Jedi Academy. If you want to play a party of characters that explore and discover a good story, new weapons, armour and items and travel from one planet to another in an early setting of the Star Wars universe, I suggest Knights of the Old Republic.

Star Wars is many things, including a sci-fi/fantasy story/universe, space battles and lightsaber duels. Fitting all this in a balanced manner and pleasing everyone, in a single game, is impossible. That is why there are many types of games based on Star Wars and not a single game remade every year.

LA should just combine all of the SW games. We should have all the good things for our selves :rolleyes:

IB1OsQq.png

LA should just combine all of the SW games. We should have all the good things for our selves :rolleyes:

Battlefront 2 has it all. now if only it was in the Ep 4-5-6 era...

Battlefront 2 has it all. now if only it was in the Ep 4-5-6 era...

and some RPG included :blink:"

IB1OsQq.png

i agree i want to feel the difference in each form. i would love to see the running animation they have for luke and anakin in BF 2 with the lightsaber point away from them and at the side, just little things like that with the form would make me happy. I think, like influence, its a great idea that has not met its full potential and hopefully will be used in the next game at a far deeper level.

Dont get me wrong i don't want the game to dump the RPG combat element or turn into BF 2 or jedi academy or jade empire (eww), i just want something different then the last two games. Hopefully when they develop this thing they realize that with holding a lightsaber will not keep the combat exciting, but i have faith this game will rock.

one world I really wouldn't mind seeing in KOTOR 3 is Yavin 4.

Jedi Outcast has Yavin 4 in it. Here is the thing: Yavin 4 is a moon that orbits a red gas planet about the size of Jupiter. So, when you look up in the sky, you see blue skies, white clouds and this HUGE RED ORB. It is really cool.

It is also where Exar Kun managed to get defeated and get his spirit trapped in the pyramids there so it has the potential of being a training area for dark side types or something similar.

Storywise Kotor 3 should be about Revan and Exile. It really should be about those two charactres. Not about new 'real Sith', not about the fate of the republic, but about how these two charactres relate to each other.

This is getting controversial... but I just feel the story of KOTOR moving to this point: the Exile kills Revan. My guts say one of the two is going to end up killing the other.

I think there is a missing piece of the puzzle in 'Sith Lords'. What is exactly the retationship between Exile and Revan? Did they actually know each other? Revan knew Exile for sure. But did they meet? Did they talk? Exile was a general in Revan's fleet. Was Revan one of the the Jedi Knights who taught Exile?

Kotor 3 should explore this line of thought. Off course there's the Sith and the Republic and we still have to make a choice between the good side and the bad. But that's beside the point. The Galaxy is always in danger in Star Wars.

So, my key-elements would be:

- The Exile is the playable charactre. Complete with a more direct way of controls.

- The number of jedi we encounter is less than 10. Basically Revan, Exile, a Yoda like charactre (Jolee as a Jedi Master or Vandar) as a plot-tool, Bastila and Bao-Dur.

- We visit more commonly known planets and not just the Outer Rim. Coruscant. Alderaan. Also: Dagobah.

- The first part of the game is Exile's search for Revan. Exile knows he can only find the Sith if he can find Revan. Thus Exile has to find people with information: Bastila, Kyle...

- No Sith until half-way the game. And no more push-overs. If I meet Sith I want to it to be a Big Boss-event. No more semi-Sith. Make up some bounty hunters, instead.

- Real War: Fleets, hundreds of HK's fighting Mandalorians with basilsks, star cruisers and piloting fighters myself. Nuff said.

mostly the exile as the playable charater. and meeting jolee ( because there is a chance of him being dead so putting him in is a waste of memory. and there needs to be lots of stupid **** to kill because of you are going up against the sith empire theres going to be alot of them.

You know, I just love how people forget their are girl gamers out there. Everyone mentions Bastila, but not Carth. Why should just Bastila be able to have a major role in there concerning Revan? Umm, we would like the female version love interests aka Atton and Carth (speaking for the general girl pop.)

You guys are not being really fair in my opinion... say that Bastila should get a major role, but if Bastila gets a major role, Carth should as well. I know Bastila is a Jedi, but still. I would like to finish up my F LS storyline for Revan.

Oh my god. Who cares if a guy thinks Carth is dumb? Are you really going to be playing a Female anyway? Noo. You would want to drool over Bastila anyway. >.>

I just get tired of being shafted in rpg's. Girl gamers are small in number, but they still deserve to have the same number of plotlines. If Bastila plays a major role, Carth should. If Bastila does not, Carth should not. They kept it fair the first two rpg's and should keep it fair in the third.

Umm.. Jolee, Atton, and Bao-Dur was not. They were actually very entertaining characters, and I know there are a lot of Atton fangirls out there. I could see the reasons for Carth, but still. A role playing game deals with every character that was important, and Carth was important since not only was he Revan's lover, but he was in the second one as well.

Anyway, a role playing game is about telling a story. Carth is a major part for the light side version and will continue to be until his story is finished with or without Revan.

[sLIGHT SPOILERS AHEAD]

not only is Bastila a Jedi, she shares a Force Bond with Revan...this is crucial to any plot finding Revan.

Revan, of course, can be female so it doesn't have to a romantic thing between those two.

The Exile (as far as we know) no longer has Force Bonds with anyone, at least not the empathic type.

Bastila's ability to commune (at least in some sense) with Revan regardless of Revan's actual location is a huge storytelling device and it would help tie it all in together.

Carth can play a significant role though, as can Dustil.

[sLIGHT SPOILERS AHEAD]

Carth can play a significant role though, as can Dustil.

Just... not as a romance interest for a female PC, please. Carth was enough. No need to have Dustil there too. :thumbsup:

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!