ABC Miniseries: The Lost

Fionavar

I wonder if the others get satelite TV on the island. The book club makes me think otherwise.

Benry Gale is still creepy though. His quick decisions in the opening were pretty impressive, I thought, unless he's gone through it all many times before.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

To me it felt like it was supposed to be a 2 hour season premiere.

I also think The Others are good people and they are trying to bring Jack, Kate and Sawyer, the only three Lostaways that killed someone(I suspect Jack's big secret is that he killed Sarah's boyfriend. Being a doctor it's a very big deal to him)out of jealousy(Jack) and revenge(Kate & Sawyer), sins, back into the light.

Overall I thought this episode was pretty boring, especially since the season 2 finally was so awesome.

:-

Well I thought it was mehtacular. I was all blown away in the beginning when you see that the Others

are actually living normal modern lives on their chunk of the island (you guys catch the Steven King book?)

but that had worn off by the middle and I found myself getting slightly aggrivated that YET ANOTHER layer of mystery was added with none being solved.

Actually some answers were given last night.  Like where the dharma shark and the polar bear came from.

Was the Dharma shark the humungous one we saw when they tried to escape on the raft? But yeah, the polar bear obviously came from the zoo they are keeping Sawyer and Kate in.

Seems to me though that whatever entity that was known as Dharma is dead and gone. All of the stations we have seen so far are deserted and the main Dharma building the Others are using seems to be in a rather advanced state of disrepair which is at odd with how they show the Others living while in their community.

Edited by Gfted1

Saywer = in a zoo

explains polar bear (oops, the post before me said it :ermm:)

"I requested that cage, but whatever" good times

at least things in this episode made some sense

Also, I hate Juliet, but in a good way

Edited by kumquatq3

I would like them to answer the question that Charlie asked at the end of the Pilot. "Guys, where are we?!"

49 Episodes later we know: N O T H I N G

I have decieded not to watch anymore episodes before the season is over.

The dragging, new questions bothers me more and more... You need like 5 episodes before the story moves ahead...

I hope they can get the series back on track but i dont ever think we get half the anwers to all the questions before it is cancelled (will probally run for 4-5 more seasons)

:ph34r:

Indeed. It's down now, but it showed the Jack guy (I don't watch the show, but if you're part of any forum on the internet there's a little enclave of Lost-watchers) on a table, knocked out, with a little girl sitting next to him. Pink shirt (I think) and blonde hair. It apparently wasn't on the show, but was on their official site. Could be red herring.

*edit - Here we are, found it. The official line seems to be that it was part of a hallucination sequence that got cut, and "accidentally" got loaded onto the site. but do you believe it?

cutscene.jpg

Edited by Pop

Exciting and exclusive casting scoop!!

Sources confirm to me that Nathan Fillion (Buffy, Firefly) has been cast on Lost! He starts filming the show next week in Hawaii, and will guest star in at least two episodes this season, from what I hear.

If you want to know *WHO* he's playing, keep reading ....

He will be playing someone from Kate's past. Someone who was VERY close to our beloved Katie -- as in, legally bound and not genetically.

You got it, right? It seems there's much more to Kate's past than we've seen ...

Can't wait.

WOOT!

Fillion = good

Edited by kumquatq3

Indeed. It's down now, but it showed the Jack guy (I don't watch the show, but if you're part of any forum on the internet there's a little enclave of Lost-watchers) on a table, knocked out, with a little girl sitting next to him. Pink shirt (I think) and blonde hair. It apparently wasn't on the show, but was on their official site. Could be red herring.

*edit - Here we are, found it. The official line seems to be that it was part of a hallucination sequence that got cut, and "accidentally" got loaded onto the site. but do you believe it?

cutscene.jpg

Curiouser and curiouser. :lol:

I wonder what sort of plans Benry has for Sawyer and Kate. From the way Benry was talking, Kate's up for some torture. Maybe the Others are going to forcefeed her reruns of Ellen or Will & Grace?

And I was going to pose a question about the Dharma stations, but this pretty much answered all of my questions.

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

ABC has scheduled "Lost" this season so that there will be no repeats, which is more good news for fans who have been frustrated in past years when a new episode would be followed by several weeks of reruns. The downside is that after six episodes to start the season, the show will take a long break before returning in early 2007 for a long run to May's finale.

"We're ecstatic about it. We couldn't be happier," [Executive producer Carlton Cuse] says of the scheduling pattern. "We see those six episodes as like a little miniseries, and it's going to be intense and high-octane. We're very excited about the way [ABC] figured out how to do it."

I guess that gives some insight into how the story will unfold.

Other newsbits:

-The 3rd season opener is down 25% from last year 10 about 18m viewers.

-The hobbit has been complainf about the downside of an ensemble cast; too little screen time and politics and stuff.

-Abrams says this season wil focus on character development more than the sci-fi mythology crap that gets nerds excited.

Like we need "more" character development?  :(

That translates into "we've run out of ideas, so let's drag this out".

I am in partial agreement. I both like and hate the character back stories that run parallel to the events on the island.

A lot of the characters are interesting enough to make me want to know about their history. The way that all their lives seem to be connected before the plane crash also adds another layer of appeal. They flashbacks also serve as a kind of map that explains the motivations of each castaway without resorting to bad expostion or clumsy dialogue.

However, the flashbacks have become grating in that they have caused the island storyline to slow down drastically. They have also taken on a soap opera like quality. A good example of this is the dreadfully boring Sun/Jin story last season. It looks like Jack's stroy is becoming like that as well, what with yet another episode about why he hated his dad and messed up his marriage.

So yes I can understand exasperation at Abrams statement since it looks like we are in for a dull season.