The Military

random evil guy

USA is (one of) the founding member(s) of the NATO...

Are you really sure you do not confues the UN and NATO?

Aah, now it dawns on me.

I'll withdraw.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Just like Irak had nukes too... and could launch them on the US within 24 hours

That was never the case. The case was for WMD's which even if they didnt have them at the time, they certainly had them before.

Maybe if Saddam hadnt been such an arse with the inspectors he may have gotten away with it.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

"Europe" (as in my part of it) is not scared of Iran, dear Commie, at least they haven't been worthy of any particular mentioning in our media (you know, national medias, we're not a single country as you might recall.)

Edited by Lucius

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

At this point, whether or not Iran can have nuclear weapons is completely up to Iran. They have the technology to enrich uranium and if they ignore the IAEA and continue enriching uranium they can have nuclear weapons in a few years. Iran say they are developing the nuclear programme for peaceful ends but for a country so rich with oil and natural gas its a bit pointless.

So anyway, how do you prevent from such a situation from arising? (iran is the one making a grab for power in this case)

You know, the indoctrination sounds bad because of the way it's used. For that reason, it sounds creepy. ...But the word doesn't mean brainwashing. It used to be a euphemism for brainwashing. Because of that, it has a bad connotation.

It's basic meaning is still "to teach."

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

By the time someone gets to RIP, they're probably already "brainwashed," if that's what we want to call it.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Yup. Just see the thread starter of the original topic...

He seems to have a pretty solid idea of how the real world works. Where as you want it to be some sort of fantasy land with no basis in reality.

So while you feel all smug and superior think about this. The only reason you get the luxury is because people like him fought and died to grant you the privilage.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

He seems to have a pretty solid idea of how the real world works. Where as you want it to be some sort of fantasy land with no basis in reality.

So while you feel all smug and superior think about this. The only reason you get the luxury is because people like him fought and died to grant you the privilage.

So, if you don't support armies and admit that the only "never happining" way of peace would be if all armies were taken away you live in a "fantasy world"?

Yeah, sure, I can be free now because they invade countries in the middle east for a bit of oil..., [sarcasm]Oh, I am so gratefull for you to give me my freedom[/sarcasm]

Why do so many people use the "But the US saved you guys from WO II" if they defend the US military force.

Guess what, the soldiers 60 years ago were different. And the people we should be gratefull for are now around 80 or dead.

I am not gratefull for a bunch of invasionists who just attack any country for cash, and then use the honor THEY don't deserve from our hero's 60 years ago to give themselves that wanted pep-talk...

When you get a grasp of the motives and circumstances of the real world, and become able to discuss in a manner that doesn't involve spewing the oversimplified propaganda that some left-wing bozo has spoonfed you, perhaps your discourse will resemble that of an adult.

There may be hope for you yet. :)

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

When you get a grasp of the motives and circumstances of the real world, and become able to discuss in a manner that doesn't involve spewing the oversimplified propaganda that some left-wing bozo has spoonfed you, perhaps your discourse will resemble that of an adult.

There may be hope for you yet.  :)

Hey, I'm left-wing. Or at least, definitely left of center.

I also don't support the involvement in Iraq...now. At the time of the onset of hostilities? Sure did, on the basis that I, like everyone else - the majority of European intelligence agencies and political leaders included - believed that the country possessed significant stockpiles of weapons the UN said repeatedly they weren't allowed to have. That turned out to be wrong, and I dearly wish we'd gotten better intelligence, since I don't think it's a necessary fight.

You can't simply immediately pull out, however. Like it or not, the current attempts at democracy need Americans with guns. I support a withdrawal as quickly as we can manage it and still keep the place from falling apart.

It is, however, absolutely ludicrous to suggest that the members of the military involved with fighting the war there should've refused to do so. As I said, they, like everyone else, believed Iraq to have banned weapons.

I don't agree with either of you, but I will admit that it annoys me when people say someone 'owes' it to present day soldiers what their ancestors did. I owe both my grandads that they fought various German kingdoms in the 1850'ies, but that doesn't mean that I owe anything to present day soldiers.

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.