The Military

random evil guy

Indeed, it is impossible to stop that. But if every soldier just stops acting like a "slave" and develops a free mind and will, things will begin to improve alot...

That effectively prevents a group of people from acting as a cohesive fighting force. The army isn't a democracy, and with good reason.

Again, let's deal with reality, not with some oneiric world of yours.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

How about the current leaders are war-fanatical and love to attack any country that so much as stares at the big US?

Um, no. Facts somewhat disprove what you are saying, even disregarding the trite exaggeration you introduced for the purpose of making a straw man.

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

International consequences? Um... what are you on?

Russia is in no state to get involved in open warfare. They would oppose, but nothing else.

And you are disregarding the most important factor why the US hasn't invaded China yet - the economic backfire.

Just shows how connected to reality you are.

You know, it is kinda scary to see that only Americans defend the need of large armies (not just enough for defending, but invasion-sized ones) and the bad current state of Iraq...  :ermm:

Yet another comment with little to no connection to reality.

Frappr!

:o

What's the point of being a warrior if you can't rape, plunder, enslave and poke your enemies with hot pokers? Anyone that do that today is subjected to court-martials and prosecution for war crimes... That's no fun.

There is no honor in death, there is only tragedy and the people of the world concurs. USA thought the invasion of Iraq would be a piece of cake, but at the first US casualty it was like OMG, HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN!? :ermm:

Security, peace and stability isn't a matter of military, but economics, trade, wealth and sharing that with your neighbour countries. Happy people don't make wars, unless they are Vikings, that just like to rape and plunder...

(Signatures: disabled) 

You know, it is kinda scary to see that only Americans defend the need of large armies (not just enough for defending, but invasion-sized ones) and the bad current state of Iraq...  :ermm:

Thats because everyone else would just go ask America for help if invaded.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

What's the point of being a warrior if you can't rape, plunder, enslave and poke your enemies with hot pokers? Anyone that do that today is subjected to court-martials and prosecution for war crimes... That's no fun.

There is no honor in death, there is only tragedy and the people of the world concurs. USA thought the invasion of Iraq would be a piece of cake, but at the first US casualty it was like OMG, HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN!?  :ermm:

Security, peace and stability isn't a matter of military, but economics, trade, wealth and sharing that with your neighbour countries. Happy people don't make wars, unless they are Vikings, that just like to rape and plunder...

You can eliminate poverty by giving everyone a million dollars. You can end world hunger by giving everyone food. You can cure cancer by curing cancer.

Meh, you can (and they do it (with pleasure))

Just make sure the press don't get word of it (or worse; pictures/video) :ermm:"

Edited by Battlewookiee

Why should we. The only people still caring for the US (Europe) has diplomatic agreements and are dependant of each other, therefore won't get into battle again.

The rest of the world hates the US anyway and there-fore has huge armies to protect themselves from that US...

Huge armies? Like the UN for instance? :D

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

And that matters how? If need arises it's the UN which can mobilize the largest fighting force in Europe. Which is saying something.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

USA is one it's founding members, so no.

kirottu said:

Why should we. The only people still caring for the US (Europe) has diplomatic agreements and are dependant of each other, therefore won't get into battle again.

The rest of the world hates the US anyway and there-fore has huge armies to protect themselves from that US...

Why's Europe so scared of Iran getting ahold of nukes, then?

By the way, I was one of the advocates for letting the Euros try their hand at diplomacy. That seems to be going nowhere fast.

Why's Europe so scared of Iran getting ahold of nukes, then?

By the way, I was one of the advocates for letting the Euros try their hand at diplomacy.  That seems to be going nowhere fast.

We are?

And if we are (which I never heard before) we would try to solve it by preventing Iran from getting parts for a nuke, instead of the US-way of;

1) BOMB

2) Paratroopers

3) Ground Troops

4) Massive death to any-one who opposses us (even if it are citizens)