Most underappriciated games

Calax

One of the best Fantasy Strategy RPG games ever made and yet so unknown: Master of Magic. It was released with a lot of bugs in 1993 that caused some rather poor reviews, but after the patches it's totally up there among the stars. A real classic like an improved Fantasy Civilization game, but terribly underappreciated.

mom.jpg

A bit like HOMM, but better, even today. And graphics and menus are really good and intuitive. Completely random game world on two planes, 8 unique races with special troops and RPG like heroes with partially randomized skills too on two planes. You play as a wizard that has special powers too and research over 200 spells from 6 different realms (only 5 since life and death are mutually exclusive). Lots of City, Worldwide and unit protection and destructive spells. Can research and create your own magic artifacts. All units except conjured monsters have a level progression that makes them tougher. I've only met 2 people that knew of the game since 1994 - a truly shocking terrible waste! I am getting restless to play again already...only played it for years. *drools* This has gotten too long already, but I can't help it...it's *that* GOOD.

(Signatures: disabled) 

It looked quite great.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I'll definitely say Jagged Alliance 2 is under-rated.  It had so much character to go along with the awesome combat.

I would also say Xcom is under-rated, because despite selling well and being well received, there has been little attempt at recreating a game of this type.

Oh, and all the Lucas Arts SCUMM games and Sierra adventure games are in need of a revival.  Quest for Glory in particular.

Dude! Theres going to be another Kings Quest next year! plus the anthology is coming out in febuary i believe! I liked Gabriel knight more but still. :D

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

Beyond Good and Evil.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

There's a King's Quest coming out? I'm shocked! I hope they stick to the adventure game style.

Someone mentioned that Xcom has sequels, but Terror from the Deep was really more of an expansion. I enjoyed Xcom 3, but it's been a long time since that came out. UFO Aftermath and Aftershock are also pretty subpar, according to most of the news I hear.

But Xcom was as big as Warcraft and Command and Conquer, and yet the RTS genre exploded with clones, many high quality ones.

The 'new' King's Quest isn't really a new King's Quest. Vivendi aren't doing it themselves, but they've given a fan license to a bunch of amateurs on the net that have been working on a fan-made game since 2002.

It's called "The Silver Lining".

http://www.kqix.com/

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I think Black and White is a largely unaprecciated game around these parts, and i've kind of noticed in RL too. It is a great game to just get immersed in and play for hours on end, lots of fun features to it. Not too well-known i guess :)

I liked Noctropolis, and still wish I had my old copy.

My vote goes to Beyond Good and Evil.

Yes.

Beyond Good and Evil.

YES!

I'm gonna throw a recommendation for Scrapland. People who enjoyed Beyond Good & Evil will probably enjoy this one, but I do have to say that it is flawed.

The gameplay is pretty damned repetitive, but there are things about the game that are just so fun it doesn't matter. Firstly ROBOTS. It is an entire planet populated by Robots, when I saw the promos for Robots the movie, the first thing I thought was OMG SCRAPLANDIN CGI FORM! Secondly, even though none of the world is technically living (what with the inorganics), it just feels alive. The levels are wide and expansive and sometimes it's just fun to take one of your Battleships and cruise. Which brings me to my third point, the Battleships, they're just so damned fun to customize and try to build the perfect mix of speed and destroyination, plus finding new plans throughout the game. Sound is good too.

Basically it is some of the most spectacular art design I've ever seen but the gameplay gets old if you play it for too long, the story kept me going and was enjoyable though, with enough twists and pacing to keep interest.

I vote for the entire Xenosaga series.

It's getting cut-short since Namco can't seem to make a profit on the series.

I guess some dreams are far too ambitious.

Tetsuya Takahashi & Soraya Saga are true artist and it's rare to see people making games these days just to tell a wonderful storie. They don't care about anything but that. Saga's wrote an entire game-script for free just so she could continue to help the series stay alive.

I regret not buying that one. I rented it, but could never find it for sale and missed it when they sold it on.

Maybe they will come up with a revolution version. Just think of what you could do with that controller.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

BLOODLINES

Totally unbelievablunderappreciated.

Such a title and the dev shut down... :blink::):blink:

edit1: uack...WHAT...size negations by COLOR tags...DIE!!

Edited by Janmanden

(Signatures: disabled)