KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

If you want to get banned, sure.

Edit: Reply number 900!

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Indeed.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I have a feeling that since we got to page 60, Obsidian doens't care any longer what we are writing. Shall we go playing and trying to insult each other and Obsidian (all an act) to see if they actually care?

I don't think they cared the moment the Kotor 3 topics started.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I haven't even seen any dev in any of the KotOR III threads.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

They could be using an alt. Hell we could be talking to Feargus and not know it. :ph34r:

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

What if their alts were the ones talking about hooded robes and customisable lightsaber hilts?

:) Ah! They are laying down hints on what Kotor 3 will have. Yes!

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

What if their alts were the ones talking about hooded robes and customisable lightsaber hilts?

Then let's hope we can get past the trivial junk and on to something more important, like gameplay or storyline

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Leadership is actually a feat, not a skill, in the d20 System.  Skills that could work well would be breaking Persuade down to what they are supposed to be:  Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate.  Astrogate would be a fun/  If you fail your Astrogate roll you end up somewhere else, could severely damage the hyperdrive, or something like that.  Also I think they should have timed events and using the rules for travel time in Hyperspace should have a huge factor.  Balance, Tumble, Sleight of Hand would be good for a scoundrel. 

Stuff that are basic in the Star Wars d20 game.

Personaly I like it that they condensed down the skills a bit. It makes the game less number crunshing, then when you have way to many skill and have to sit and balance them against each other for a long time at each lvl, when you are to place out skills.

Bluff/diplomacy/intimidate is under persuasion in KotOR

They could add in a few more skills though:

Athletics=swim/climb/tumble/jump

Pilot=pilot/astrogate

Streetwise=Appraise/gather information/streetwise

survival=handle animals/ride/survival

Slight of hand should probably be under stealth though

hey but appraise can come in handy with all the junk you get out the lockers and all

Guest The Architect

You know I read somewhere about this very good idea regarding the influence system. I've heard complaints from people (especially darksiders like myself) on how it's annoying that with some characters that the only way to gain influence with them is to be nice to them (which means you get LS Points). How about this, I'll use a dialogue example...

Bao-Dur: I... am sorry, General. I must have lost consciousness in the crash.

Exile

- There is nothing to apologize for. Are you sure you're okay?

- I have no use for a soldier who falls at the first sign of combat. Be on your guard in the future.

- We could have used you earlier when we were ambushed. Do not fail me again.

- (Lie) There is nothing to apologize for. Are you sure you're okay?

You see, by choosing the option to lie to Bao-Dur you've made Bao-Dur beleive that you have forgiven him and you actually are concerned about him but in actual fact you lied, you are pissed at Bao-Dur and you don't give a damn about him, you've just pretended to, to gain influence with him. You'd gain DS Points for something like this but you'd gain influence with Bao-Dur for making him think that you care about him. What do you guys think?

You see, by choosing the option to lie to Bao-Dur you've made Bao-Dur beleive that you have forgiven him and you actually are concerned about him but in actual fact you lied, you are pissed at Bao-Dur and you don't give a damn about him, you've just pretended to, to gain influence with him. You'd gain DS Points for something like this but you'd gain influence with Bao-Dur for making him think that you care about him. What do you guys think?

I don't think the options were harsh enough, to be honest. Although you're not really enough of a level to use force choke, it would still have been nice to be able to... "The next time you fail me, I'll kill you."

But yes, being able to lie to your companions more often would be a nice addition.

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

You know I read somewhere about this very good idea regarding the influence system. I've heard complaints from people (especially darksiders like myself) on how it's annoying that with some characters that the only way to gain influence with them is to be nice to them (which means you get LS Points). How about this, I'll use a dialogue example...

Exile

-  There is nothing to apologize for. Are you sure you're okay?

-  I have no use for a soldier who falls at the first sign  of combat. Be on your guard in the future.

-  We could have used you earlier when we were ambushed. Do  not fail me again.

-  (Lie) There is nothing to apologize for. Are you sure you're okay?

sure, why not

yes, there needs to be more deceit and misinformation tactics....not really "evil" per se but "chaotic" dialogue options. there may be times when misinformation is exactly what you want a foe or even an ally to believe...it should also be hard to deceive--requiring you to burn skill and/or feat slots.

Exile

-  There is nothing to apologize for. Are you sure you're okay?

-  I have no use for a soldier who falls at the first sign  of combat. Be on your guard in the future.

-  We could have used you earlier when we were ambushed. Do  not fail me again.

-  (Lie) There is nothing to apologize for. Are you sure you're okay?

sure, why not

Yes, that's right. When you look at especially TPM and AOTC, you can see Palpatine saying very kind things. Would that give him LS points? Because he was kind to Padme and Anakin? No, off course not. He only said that so he could turn Anakin to the DS and to declare war against the Federation, while the Jedi are cought in between.

It's all part of his evil plan. No LS points gained.

Master Vandar lives!

I think it's a good idea, though it's important to sustain it through all dialogues in the game. Most RPGs, even when you can play as an evil character, there are still many conversations where you have to talk like a good character.

The game should keep track of your responses to date (and use the DS/LS alignment meter) and put the dialogue option most in keeping with how you've played your character so far first in the list.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Leadership is actually a feat, not a skill, in the d20 System.  Skills that could work well would be breaking Persuade down to what they are supposed to be:  Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate.  Astrogate would be a fun/  If you fail your Astrogate roll you end up somewhere else, could severely damage the hyperdrive, or something like that.  Also I think they should have timed events and using the rules for travel time in Hyperspace should have a huge factor.  Balance, Tumble, Sleight of Hand would be good for a scoundrel. 

Stuff that are basic in the Star Wars d20 game.

Personaly I like it that they condensed down the skills a bit. It makes the game less number crunshing, then when you have way to many skill and have to sit and balance them against each other for a long time at each lvl, when you are to place out skills.

Bluff/diplomacy/intimidate is under persuasion in KotOR

They could add in a few more skills though:

Athletics=swim/climb/tumble/jump

Pilot=pilot/astrogate

Streetwise=Appraise/gather information/streetwise

survival=handle animals/ride/survival

Slight of hand should probably be under stealth though

hey but appraise can come in handy with all the junk you get out the lockers and all

It was my intention that it should be something that could be handy. :)

So stretwise would get you a better price for stuff you find, as well as some dialog that involves the criminal world as well as access to a few fencers to buy things from.

Athletic would allow us to use some roats for travel that those with low athletic can't use (don't you find it anoying that you can't walk over a few stones in the game :p ).

Pilot would allow us to get to some places without getting spacecharts from someone first, as well as making us get hit less often in eventual spacefight.

Survival could allow us to use some mounts, calm some animals and track. Maybe it could also make us better at handle some climat problems that would hurt someone without the skill.

Well I thought pilot should be more of a feat (you need someone with that feat to fly a ship)

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

In PnP game pilot is actualy a skill, and you can get feats that let you use certain type of ships without negative bonus.

Guess you could have Starship Pilot feat that do that, Improved starship Pilot that give a bonus with skills on starships and Master Starship Pilot that give an even better bonus on starships. It could be an accury bonus that makes you not have to be as dead on target to hit in mini games.

Problem with that is, there aren't enough ships you could pilot to make it fesible - unless they introduce that in K3. It'd be pretty cool I guess, but I'd rather be able to upgrade my ship and customise it rather than have a ton of ships that I'm unable to customise.

Just as long as they don't make it like Pirates of the Carribean, I'll be happy. (the whole ship thing I mean)

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!