Movies you've seen lately

Baley

The term "galpal" was created in the 19th century, when French aristocrats tried to think of a nicer way of saying "sex giver".

And now I have to watch Miss Congeniality, ya know, for the boobs.

Boobies for teh win!

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body

watched Red Eye. it wasn't as bad as the movie critics claimed it was. but it wasn't the best movie either. worth watching i guess.

especially the home-cooked trachiotomy ; )

Predator 1: Awesome!

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I liked predator 2 better actually.

Heathen! :wub:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Predator 1: Awesome!

Too true. Seeing Predator was one of my best movie memories, having going being total happenstance.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Although you will not hear me argue the fact that the first Predator owns, the second one should get it's due points for not having Danny Glover saying 'Riggs! Riggs!'. I was going to say ' I'm getting too old for this sith' as well, but I'm not sure if he uses that in P2. Either way it also features Gary Busey. Who was also in one of the Lethal Weapon movies. Coincidence? Hmmmm.......

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I saw a Gary Busey movie the other day Rough Draft

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120039/

It also has the guy form the Mummy in it: Andrew Vosloo.

This movie is bad, but laughably bad, maybe not in the league as Ed Wood, but never the less funny

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Gary likes to follow the pills and hookers more than quality acting roles nowadays, I'm afraid. They keep showing this waste of an hour and a half movie called "Frost, Portrait Of A Vampire' on one of my movie networks and it is one of the worst excuses of a movie I've ever seen. And I've seen a lot of crap movies.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

how many movies can put that kinda ache in a man's chest?

the reason why filmmakers keep making king kong is 'cause it managed to reach those producers or directors on an emotional level as few other films has. 

Amen.

Kong ain't Shakespeare but for sci-fi he's epic tragedy.

I was about 10 when I saw the original, and it was one of the first films I wholly connected with--the first ending that filled me with an irrational yet persistent sense of loss. Since then I've seen tragic heroes in better films (Depardieu's bunny-raising brute in "Jean De Florette"), and my throat has grown lumpy watching sentimental apes (I rooted for the love struck Gill-Man), but Kong remains for me the most fantastic of doomed kings.

I liked Jackson's version. Editing warts and all. It wasn't the best film of 2005, but I was entertained. Once again, I was a 10-year old at the circus, and it was a three-ring visual feast. Sometimes that's enough.

Edit: it occurs to me that my Depardieu reference is misleading. It's not horror or sci-fi. Depardieu portrays a hunchback, yes, but he's not a necessarily a monster. (Although the villagers think his hump is a curse.)

And re: the Gill-Man...Dr. Frankenstein's monster is more poignant and Quasimodo's more heroic, but as remakes go the Creature is ever so timely: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0485799/

Edited by blue

The Shop Around The Corner. Classic romantic comedy. Great.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: