Who Made The HK Duplicates?

My memory is a bit fuzzy (it's been a while since I played). But weren't the facilities to create them built by Revan, just never used? And GOTO just an opportunist? It was my impression that Revan stopped just short of mass production because he realized they weren't going to be useful after all.

G0T0 since he seems to know where they came from and he had some employeed in his service.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

My memory is a bit fuzzy (it's been a while since I played).  But weren't the facilities to create them built by Revan, just never used?  And GOTO just an opportunist?  It was my impression that Revan stopped just short of mass production because he realized they weren't going to be useful after all.

As I remember, Revan designed HK-47 during the Jedi Civil War, but afterwards the blueprints were stolen, and eventually made their way into the (metaphorical) hands of G0-T0, who is the one producing the HK-50s.

This may be complete bull****, but wasnt the droid factory made like by the sith or something? I could swear I read things about the place including the Sith and Master Vash, and what happened was that Vash bombed the sith planet creating droids, some sith gave some command so that only a sith could start it again, and then they died-and the guy hat set it up was Revan. So, if this completely bizarrer story is true, some sith made the HK-50s (please do not have to much of a go at me if this is wrong, my memory of it is 'hazy') :ph34r:

Edited by Styur Voln

Well... The Assassination droid model is a treacherous modification of the CZerka protocol droid custom made for Revan, CZerka has always had unscrupulous partners including Sith and it's no wonder why they'd be appealing and easily available to a man like GO-TO. HK-47 speaks of this at some point, but I can't remember the details...besides HK-47 is lacking several piece, could be that he was somewhat demolished in the proces of reverse engineering.

(Signatures: disabled) 

And to who made HK-50's:

A HK-50 in the Droid Factory: "The first of our creators did not create us from scratch, obsolete one, assassin droids were always in demand, and the templates already existed. Revan commissioned us to be build to be spread through the Republic fleet as Communications Units to disable any ships that did not follow him to war. But we were de-activated for a time"