What are you playing now?

Darque

Operaton Barbarossa has just commenced. Kampfgruppe Manstein, with support from Von Kluge, Rommel, and Von Blomberg have pushed in up at the Northeast, surrounding and capturing an entire Soviet Regiment.

Kampfgruppes Guderian and Rundstedt have broken through in the south with support from Hungary, surrounding Bessarabia and cutting them off. Romanian troops are now pushing to the North in an attempt to eliminate the German divisions. Rundstedt has chased the Soviets into the swamps, and Guderian is attempting to meet up with Manstein on the eastern portions of the swamps, just north of Kiev. However, Guderian has been slowed as Soviet troops try to break through the encirclement south of Kiev. It may be possible for additional Soviet's to get through the blockade prior to the encirclement, but we anticipate heavy Soviet losses regardless.

The encirclement will cut them off from supply, and Dornier Do-17s and Stukas continue to inflict heavy strength losses as the Soviets are pushed into the Swamps. The rest of the armies in central Poland will then push east, and rendezvous with Manstein and Guderian on the Eastern edge. Rommel and Von Kluge will attempt to defend the Northern flank near Riga, with support from Von Braustich.

Concurrently, simultaneous offensives are being conducted in Sweden and Turkey. Sweden for its metals, as well as the possibility of creating a greater Scandianvian puppet to help protect my northern flanks, particularly the fjords in Norway. Turkey is being attacked to gain access to the Black Sea. As Italian conquests were quite effective, my ability to deploy ships in the mediterranian is limited, coming only from conquered Spain. On the plus side, the only threat left in the Mediterranian is Malta, which was effectively cut off when Italy was able to capture the Suez Canal. Blockades there and at Gibralter have effectively made the Mediterranian Allies free. Only Italy, Syria (who recently staged a coup in Iraq), Myself, and Vichy France have appropriate ports given the inevitable fall of Turkey.

I'm playing "Let's take a break from an essay."

It frequently has to battle with "OMG my AI assignment is due and it is freaking hard" as well as "FFS this project is taking up all my time."

Oh, and some WoW on the off chance I have some free time.

I hear you. My AI assignement, wasn't hard, but it sure took a lot of time to make it work (a hybrid sudoku prolog solver, based on human rules, with a java frontend).

I'm playing Fish Tycoon - a fish tank breeding sim. Yeah I know, sounds boring. Surpisingly, it's not...tho it's not the "involved play for hours at a time" kind of game. :D

Quite absorbing even so, IMO...game-time passes whether your PC is on or not...you can do anything else on your puter while it's playing, even play another game, hahaha. Don't turn it on for a while, all your fish die...tho you can turn 'time' off if you think you won't check it a while. Just a fun, simple little sim and your own virtual fishtank. Heh

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Just got Fallout Tactics. I'm a bit disappointed. It kind of feels like Jagged Alliance lite.

As you found out it's nothing like the first two Fallouts. Dreadful game.

No, that's not the problem. I already knew the game wasn't an RPG. It's a squad-based game in the fashion of X-Com and JA. I just don't think it's a good example of the genre. As I've said before it feels like a dumbed JA. I should note that I've playing it pure turn based. Perhaps the gameplay improves if you play FOT in CTB mode.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Tactics was ok, it was what I expected, a tactical game. Too bad it wasn't like Fallout though.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I bought a pack with Fallouts 1, 2 and Tactics, but I wasn't impressed with Fallout 1 at all, and I couldn't even finish it because I hit a bug. :) I'll probably have a go at Fallout 2 just before Fallout 3 is released.

I'm now finally onto Baldur's Gate 2. I decided not to take my paladin from BG1, because I always play RPGs as a paladin first time and it's time for a change. So I took a cleric through BG1 and now she's ready to begin BG2. :p

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

BG2 with or without mods? If this is your first play through I would do it without mods.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

so you is saying that the first one sucked?

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)