Post Counts

Guest Lawman

52 members have voted

1. 1. Post Counts

• Yes
    • No

Should your posts in WoT count towards your overall post count as I for one am sick off posting crap in other threads just to get a more respectable post count.

my post count would be almost twice as high if WoT did count, but I don't really care.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

post count isn't relavent.

Of course it is.........

I lurked here long before I started posting but I was still treated as a newb when I first started posting because of a dismal post count were is I have been around a lot longer than most.

Post count isnt a positive indicator of anything, if anything it shows how much time one has wasted here (my opinion, no disrespect to others :ph34r: )

A high post count does not gain any benefits. So far the only noob-bashing i've seen/participated in is against really rookie mistakes and obnoxious behaviour form over familiar noobs.

You shouldn't worry Lawman you seem like a cool guy.

post count isn't relavent.

Of course it is.........

I lurked here long before I started posting but I was still treated as a newb when I first started posting because of a dismal post count were is I have been around a lot longer than most.

Allow me to rephrase then.

Post count SHOULDN'T be relavent.

Yes.

Because, umm... , most of my posts are on the WoT forum. :)

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I think it should be. There are great WoT onversations going on. Post count is often used to measure a person's participation within the community. We might not remember every active person in the community, but we can look at post counts and see whether they are serious about being here or just dropping in to start crap.

I think it should be.  There are great WoT onversations going on.  Post count is often used to measure a person's participation within the community.  We might not remember every active person in the community, but we can look at post counts and see whether they are serious about being here or just dropping in to start crap.

But there are people here with high post counts who still start crap or are intensely dislikeable. This renders the "post count/seriousness" meter ineffective.

The phrase "quality not quantity" is perfectly suited to this dilemma. In my time of posting here (whetever the name :) ) i have seen that the people with the fastest growing post counts have the least to say and tend to be the most annoying.

So basically dont try and aim for a high post count - let it grow naturally. At least this way you have no fear of being tarnished as a spammer and the existing forum members can get used to you.

Edited by Surreptishus

My postcount would reach tragic proportions if we got points for WoT so.. no :)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

There are people who are serious about posting crap too, you know. :)"

Eddo36 anyone? :lol:

But seriously though, what does having a high post count achieve anyway? Apart from maybe a little more respect from the other members, there's nothing else, so it doesn't really bother me if they count or not, im just here because i want to be TBH, not to get respect :).

P.S. It's not like many will care, but i have been away for a week, feeling fresh now :D.

Definitely not. This is an Obsidian games forum. Why should any of us get credit for posting deliberately provocative tales of terrorism, pizza, and the size of our pants?

In any case if I saw anyone bashing a person for being a n00b I'd simply identify them as either joking or a pathetic wasted life!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.