Hardest battle/ part

what was the hardest part of the game?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. what was the hardest part of the game?

• 1. Peraguas: Harbringer
    • 2. Telos: Mercs: Ithorians/Czerca
    • 3. Nar Shadaa: Jek Jek Tarr
    • 4. Nar Shadda: Serico/ Exchange/ Goto's Crappy Yatch
    • 5. Duxn: jungle
    • 6. Duxn: Tomb
    • 7. Korriban: whole thing
    • 8. Dantooine: whole thing
    • 9. Ravenger
    • 10. Malicor Academy Core.

I thought that it was a draw between Traya at the end and Mira taking on the Ubese.

Did someone say they got to kill Talia. In my game as a bloke I killed Kavar and then Vaklu ordered his men to shoot Talia after the two of them had battles for a bit.

To beat the Handmaidens easily you just have to run to the corner of the ring and they'll start running out of it themselves (though sometimes a bug occurs and they don't get disqualified for that).

EDIT: Bralor was pretty tough too IMO. I thought - what the hell is this guy thinking? Running to me with fist and foot against a lightsaber and Jedi powers?? Unfortunately no matter how stupid that might sound - lightsabers can't defend against other types of melee weapons (like fist'n'foot, gaffi stick, stun baton etc.).

Use Critical Strike on him. You may be able to stun him, than you can hack away at him before he recovers.

The Kreia battle. Mainly because she actually used Force powers against me, as opposed to the other enemies who just used their lightsabers 95% of the time.

But I still wouldn't really call it a tought battle.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

The end battle. Kreia had to use her force powers which is hard to combat.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I tried the "rebalancing" mod from Team Gizkas download page...

Suddenly a lot of stuff that used to be pushovers suddenly weren't anymore for my poor consular. He could hadrly even hit paralysed opponents :huh:

Even the "Tank Droid" on the Telos base turned into a challenge for me with my vibroblade and two non-jedi team members... :p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Those darn lightsabers drove me insane. The prima guide (which I only rely on when I'm really frustrated) said to use force wave on them. They resist it every time even when my wisdom is through the freaking roof. They can kill me in two rounds no matter what buffs or shields I'm wearing. I don't even remember how I got through it the first time, honestly and I'm too fed up to try on this game again. I've had it- it's insanely difficult when compared to the rest of the game.

Also, running Mira out of the pit is pretty hard with all those ubese. The only other part I remember having trouble with is all the bounty hunters on the surface of Telos.

Also, running Mira out of the pit is pretty hard with all those ubese. The only other part I remember having trouble with is all the bounty hunters on the surface of Telos.
Forgot about that. When she gets ganged up on she's dead. That's a part where I usually have to reload often after she dies.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I think the Czerka excavation site on Telos (or is that how that place with those tons of mercs is called).

No.2 goes to Kreia's 3 lightsabers - man do they do damage! I had to pack myself with a pair of Life Support Packs to win this. In Round one she's easy but in two her lightsabers do strangely enough the same amount of damage every playthrough no matter how much I beef up my constitution and dexterity or just leave it alone.

Hard battles are against the Jedi Masters but they're too damn quick.

If you don't kill one of them in 2 attacks - he does.

What kind of a stupid idea is that to make a character with all Attribs beefed to 28 and something like 50VP??!!

I've already done some modifications of my own so that these fights aren't so strange.

In K1 however I didn't have to do anything like that at all.

Yeah.. Talia's good for you to check out how many damage you can do in one Flurry heh :) She wasn't that tough for me though.

for kriea's lightsabers, I found a spot where the lightsabers didn't attack me

after that, I used advanced throw lighsaber to get rid of kreia

I voted for the Telos - the Czerka mercenaries on the surface outside of the base usually leave me with only Kreia or the Exile standing, Bao Dur drops almost instantly.

Other hard spots (at least the first time):

- optional handmaiden fight (plus, the reward is not worth the trouble)

- Atton vs Twin Suns (unless you have a good vibro and melee shields handy)

- Mira solo in the Jek Jek Tar hideout (once you figure out that all you HAVE to do is get to the access panel, it's not that hard, and mines are that girl's best friend)

- Vrook (until you hide behind one of the columns)

- The entrance to the Sith Tomb on Duxn

- In the Trayus Academy - the passageway where four commandos have you in a crossfire while battling three sith

- Kreia final battle

First time through the game, the mercenary fight on Telos, too. I was tooling along thinking "man this game is easy fight-wise" and reached that spot near the entrance to the...uh...mercenary building...dungeon...whatever....got ambushed by those guys, promptly died.

Took me a few tries to get past it. Later on, it became easy because I figured out the 'trick' to the group, but that first time threw me for a loop. :wub:

Overall tho, I'd say the end fight...I didn't die, but it's the only fight where I had to run away a couple times so I could arrange to take on the sabers one at a time. Without mods, I never could take on all three at once - unlike being able to take on leagues of Sith dudes, haha..

Oh yeah...and if it's your first time through and you're not using a walkthru, when you run around as Remote, and if you didn't kill every monster beforehand, that was hard. There was one corner Remote had to go to that I'd missed and I spent a long time running back and forth to try and lure and then lose the baddies into out of the way tunnels so I could go back to push the button/pull the lever.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hard for me: Near the beginning of the game, when i haven't been getting as much XP as possible, so am on a very low level :blink:.

It happened a few times to me, but i guess its my own fault.

One part i did find pretty hard at first, was in the Kinrath cave, as i played LS, so i didnt want to steal the Twi'lek's gland to stop being attacked :). Those Kinrath just swarmed around all the time and absolutely pwned my party :(.

I tried the "rebalancing" mod from Team Gizkas download page...

Suddenly a lot of stuff that used to be pushovers suddenly weren't anymore for my poor consular. He could hadrly even hit paralysed opponents  :huh:

Even the "Tank Droid" on the Telos base turned into a challenge for me with my vibroblade and two non-jedi team members... :blink:

The tank droid is easy. I always have Atton and Bao Dur. Have the exile and atton attack the droid with vibroblades, and have Bao Dur use ion grenades. Five grenades, and thats all it takes.

(Marine Axiom)

Sweat Dries

Blood Clots

Bones Heal

SUCK IT UP!

Hard for me: Near the beginning of the game, when i haven't been getting as much XP as possible, so am on a very low level :huh:.

It happened a few times to me, but i guess its my own fault.

One part i did find pretty hard at first, was in the Kinrath cave, as i played LS, so i didnt want to steal the Twi'lek's gland to stop being attacked :blink:. Those Kinrath just swarmed around all the time and absolutely pwned my party :).

Having finesse melee helped especially with Dex as a main attribute of the PC. The feat I go for as a consular tends to be flurry with dueling feats.

Right in the crystal chamber, if you swop party members in there and run out of the cave, kinrath hatchlings will spawn there. (Rinse and repeat) Probably easier than the Hssiss spawn on Korriban. (Just keep in mind that kinrath will no longer spawn once the Kinrath Matriarch has been defeated)

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

The Malachor 5 acadamy was hard the first time though. I wasnt expecting to see five sith soilders and three sith marauders along with a sith lord around every corner. The constant groups of sith assasins in the hallways also took my health down a considerable amount.

Edited by Akhan225

It was all quite easy, but the Malachor Academy proved most difficult, but only because of the sheer number of enemies around every turn. Had to reload twice on first playthrough, but only on that playthrough.

As long as you have Force Enlightenment/Master Heal and/or Force Storm/Force Crush, you're pretty much on E Z street

Oh, as well as finding the Telos parts quite difficult, i also found parts of Nar Shaddaa quite difficult too, such as the Yacht and the Jek Jek Tarr, i found myself doing a wild dash past everyone in the latter :).

As KOTORFanatic said though, it is actually so much easier if you have Force Storm or Master Heal on your side, because one just owns everyone in the room, and the other makes you near indestructable :x.

It was all quite easy, but the Malachor Academy proved most difficult, but only because of the sheer number of enemies around every turn. Had to reload twice on first playthrough, but only on that playthrough.

As long as you have Force Enlightenment/Master Heal and/or Force Storm/Force Crush, you're pretty much on E Z street

I found Force Wave extremely useful there...especially against multiple enemies :)

I find G0T0's Yatch more difficult then any of the other segements in the game. I used to hit Nar Shaddaa first, from a RP perspective it made a lot of sense, but some of the fights were a challenge, and I found GY's near unbeatable.

That is until I turned Mira and Atton into Jedi and set them loose! :blink: