Peragus/Taris preference

Another one for the dull Korriban. But I liked it better than the Telos station.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Yes, Korriban was half a planet. The only thing that made it a bit bigger was the cave, which you couldn't go into early in the game anyway.

The cave was the only interesting thing about Korriban. The revisiting the Sith Academy was pretty boring because it was so empty.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Taris was the best planet so far in the KOTOR line. Peragus was BOOOOOOOOORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Taris is what a Star Wars world should be in my opinion. There was nothing on Peragus.....except Atton and Kreia, made you feel very alone and bored. Not the best intro level they could have come up with.

I liked the Endar Spire better than T3 repairing the ship.

If money is the root of all evil.....why is the world not destroyed?

Yes, Korriban was half a planet. The only thing that made it a bit bigger was the cave, which you couldn't go into early in the game anyway.

The cave was the only interesting thing about Korriban. The revisiting the Sith Academy was pretty boring because it was so empty.

There was really a lack of interesting information.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

yeah, but there was some interesting information if you read all the datapads and whatever. for example, you see that the academy became automated and if you fail a certain lesson/test then you have to report yourself in for a flogging.

The first time through, Peragus was more interesting than Taris.

On the fourth time through, Taris was more interesting than Peragus, because part of the latters appeal is solving the mystery of what happened. Taris is your standard bash everything and leave never to come back planet. That being said, of all the planets of the two games, Taris probably ranks third on my list (after Dxun & Nar Shaddaa).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

yeah, but there was some interesting information if you read all the datapads and whatever. for example, you see that the academy became automated and if you fail a certain lesson/test then you have to report yourself in for a flogging.

I know there was that, but the way the information was presented was more like studying for a test, I didn't really think there was enough.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

M4-78 leftover.

Not interesting...

okay okay, it wasn't interesting. but there has to be one optimistic viewpoint about the subject... if only to prove how wrong the viewpoint is..

Only if the viewpoint is bad/wrong :p

I didn't mind Dxun. It was okay for the most part, and the Jungle added some new terrain to the game. I'm sick of walking through city after city with the same things in everyone. The next KotOR should have some planets that don't really have too much to do with the story, and can be mainly used for sidequest. In K1 I felt that ever planet was just a small city with a cantina, a Czerka office, and a guy who wants to play paazak.

You liked Dxun? :huh:

Yes :)

The jungle was a nice change and I found the Mandalorian camp and quests fairly well done. Giving me both laughs and challenges (when my consular tried to take on mandalorians in a fist fight... :huh: )

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

K1 I felt that ever planet was just a small city with a cantina, a Czerka office, and a guy who wants to play paazak.

I can see your point but I think it was deliberate to show that all these planets have so-and-so, except in constrasting enviroments and themes (and say items to buy). I guess you noticed it more than others...

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

I definatly enjoyed Dxun because of what's been said above, its great to have a change from all the regular Pazaak playing and Cantina visiting and such, but i just wished that it wasn't so linear, and that you could "wander from the beaten track" in a way..

I definatly enjoyed Dxun because of what's been said above, its great to have a change from all the regular Pazaak playing and Cantina visiting and such, but i just wished that it wasn't so linear, and that you could "wander from the beaten track" in a way..

Like the Tatooine Desert?

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

I was allways impressed with Peragus :thumbsup:

Long empty corridors

same enemy over and over

low stats

no lightsaber

whats not to like

Well I prefer Peragus to Taris (the thought of doing that all over again in KOTOR fills me with a decided lack of enthusiasm) plus I loved it when you get to Telos and all the different areas there...plus you are a jedi...lol) and I loved doing the Harbringer :rolleyes:

My favourite planet was Dxun, although it was far to small a level....*sigh if only the jungle levels were alot longer. Meeting the mandalorians and doing the quests there was fun, and it makes a very pleasant change from all the streets etc that you seemingly do all the time.

Korriban was an utter disappointment...first and second game...