Peragus/Taris preference

For me, Peragus was more interesting than Taris, but the Star Forge was more fun than Malachor V. Peragus had a more spooky/myserious atmosphere that I just enjoyed more. Taris is lovely and all, and I don't hate playing through it as much as some, but if I had to choose one, it would be Peragus. As for Star Forge, both had the overwhelming hordes of enemies, but for the Star Forge it made more sense. It was a damn weapons factory, and Malak was sacrficing hordes of his own troops to slow you down while he readied himself. The spookier mood of outside Malachor V just couldn't balance the scales. The longer I was on Malachor V the more confused I got as to what was happening and it never got better. The Star Forge and its endings may have been simple but I'll take simple over non-existent any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I've read a few posts here and there about how people like Peragus better than Taris in Kotor1, and I just thought I'd ask "Why?"  I think I liked Taris better: the music, meeting the players, and the totally different environments within the one world.  For instance, you got involved with the gangs and swoop racing, pazaak, the cantina and the duels, the lower city/sewers and the rakgouls (sp).  There was a lot to it.  After doing Peragus, I feel like I mainly did one thing, explore the same kind of environment and kill the same kind of baddie.

I am enjoying the game, but I just saw those posts saying that Peragus was so much better.  Maybe I should just play the game and not compare it to kotor1, huh!  (I liked the Endar Spire (Kotor1) intro better than the Ebon Hawk intro, too)

I agree. Taris is much more lively than Peragus. There's not much to do on Perasus.

[Why do I always use brackets?]

[it's a mystery...]