Did i just buy a good RPG?

Meshugger

Ultima VII's combat might well have not existed for all I care.  It was a complete non-factor.  You entered combat mode, and it basically played itself out.

Ultima VII was undoubtedly an awesome game.

What you say here is also applicable to Torment, however. People constantly complain about the "bad combat" but it was virtually a non-factor in that game too. I was too enthralled about the storyline, the gameworld, the in-depth NPCs, and learning more about TNO and co. to be worried about the next demon I was going to run my sword through.

image002.gifLancer

"What one considers 'poor combat' differs from person to person. I for one didn't think the combat was poor at all. And never understood the folks that do."

That might be because you wouldn't recognize good combat even if it hit you in the face repeatedly with a sledgehammer and took a dump in your mouth.

Oh, of course! You mean "good" combat? Like Diablo or IWD?

No thanks.

I like profound games with engaging storylines, branching dialogue options and deep meaningful NPCs. If good combat means a half-a$$ed storyline/npcs then by all means I'd rather have "bad" combat.

image002.gifLancer

UPDATE: On top of school work, my cat managed to get get so ill, that surgery was needed, which leaves not much time for gaming. I can't say when i have the time to try it out, but it will not be before this weekend.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE: This games should be called "Planescape: Crack", veeeery addictive. Not done yet, i'll review it by then.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

PS:T

...best cRPG e'er...'nuff said... :-

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Put points in wisdom too. And while 18 inteligence at the start may seem like a good choice, going with 14 and giving your character some fighting edge instead is better at the start. You'll get extra attribute points to spend as you go up in levels, so 18 isn't too far away. One neato thing; the attributes can go above and beyond 18 and the game is filled(well, not everywhere but more than in BG 2) with stat permanently-raising items. Especially if your target is Lawful Good.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

...one thing 'bout Torment; if ya dunna jack yer Wisdom up whene'er ya gits a chance ta, ye'll lose alot o' what makes her special...Wisdom be yer most important stat (startin' off wit' it at 18 an' buildin' from there be a good idea)... :blink:

There's only fighter, thief and mage as classes and you have to find someone to train you as the to latter ones.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It all depends on if you like the story and the characters, because if you don't, there's nothing else in that game for you.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

^ No.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

^Mkreku is right.

kirottu said:

Thanks for the help, guys. I have to say though, so far in the morgue, the game doesn't look that impressive (considering how much praise I have heard from members). I do hope it gets more interesting as the story unfolds.

...the story unfolds slowly at first and there are many who have lost interest there, but hang with it a bit, things start to unravel and you won't be disappointed IMHO...mkreku is right, though; if the characters and the story don't do it for ya, ya won't like PS:T... :thumbsup:

Edited by Sargallath Abraxium

It all depends on if you like the story and the characters, because if you don't, there's nothing else in that game for you.

Yep like any game with pregenerated characters it's pretty important that you connect with them. The story is so closely tied to the character that I don't think you could seperate them.

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0
I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]