Old Black Isle board

kirottu

I notice that Melodie hangs out at Missy's.  I hope she's doing well.

I hope she would stop using pic of her kid as an avatar. It always creeps me out, because I think some evil three year old genius is out there in the internet. :ph34r:

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Ye Olde Pages was separate from Way Way Off Topic. WWOT was the spam forum and Ye Olde was the politics/history/etc forum.

didn't say it was, i said it was a WWoT type board... i.e. it wasn't for stuff particularly related to BIS.

i didn't post there much, as i noted, since i was primarily involved simply to get info on the BGs. around the time YoP went away, i started posting more, however, and changed my name to taks, my real-life nick (posted with my in-game <CHARNAME> before that...)

i wasn't nearly as motivated by society then, either, so political/economic/philosophical things weren't on my radar. plus, i was single, even less motivation to be deep. :blink:

yrkoon still grates on me and i haven't read a post of his in over a year.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I've never wanted a status symbol as badly as I wanted 1000 posts on the old BIS boards. Unfortunately they removed post counts a couple of weeks after I eventually breached this magic number. Does anyone remember 6'8 Italian Warlord and his rantings about tarrasques at the oasis in Throne of Bhaal?

Btw Mistress and Pirotess are not the same

We now bring you live footage from the World Championship Staring Final.

staringcontest8og.gif

I've never wanted a status symbol as badly as I wanted 1000 posts on the old BIS boards.  Unfortunately they removed post counts a couple of weeks after I eventually breached this magic number.

Hah. :D I remember spamming with TIAX just to get past that magical 1000 post line. Didn

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

My post count never got too high, when I really started getting active in the forum it was in the movies/books/politics forums, then someone suggested someone kill the president, everyone agreed, and bam, no more community. Everything went downhill after that. It was odd though, I never really felt at home at Missy's lair, even though it was all the same people.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Overseer was Sawyer, if I recall.

overseer was not one person... was a title/identity/mask for a number o' black isle folks who would choose to excercise some authority on the boards.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Ahh, that makes sense. The guys at BIS could assume the role of Overseer as necessary.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Don't name names! Unless it's me. In which case, I'll be hurt, but I'll just suffer in silence. :D

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

It wasnt a poister moiid, the moidi was soiimie oifificial interplay emploiiyee whoi started banning the fans left and right.

There were a loiti oifi proiitest threads and a loit oifi peoiiple called foiir him toii resign. As I recall, he was fired becauise oif that....