Over-rated/Under-rated

kumquatq3

Overrated: Spamming Threads

Underrated: Turn Based Strategy Games

(w00t)

Overrated: RTS

Underrated: TBS

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

overrated: trying to be different just because

underrated: being yourself no matter what

abysmal: acting as if everybody should be different when, in reality, we are all the same.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

overrated:  trying to be different just because

underrated:  being yourself no matter what

true that.. except I'll add one more thing..

over-rated: trying to be different just because OR trying to be the same as everyone else just because (both extremes are bad)

under-rated: being yourself no matter what

:)

image002.gifLancer

Whether we are the same or different is a philosophical question which depends on what level you are talking about.

We are all the same in the sense that we are all humans of the genus "homo" and the species "sapiens."

However, we are different in the sense that we all have our own combination of different life experiences, attitudes, tastes, likes, dislikes, peeves, customs..etc.

image002.gifLancer

You missed the reference. :rolleyes:

No I didn't..I knew what you meant. You were making a sarcastic remark for Eldar basically saying that everyone else is the same except yourself. :p

My little speel was really made to qualify Eldar's original comment that we are all "the same." Something that I both agree and disagree with on different levels.

image002.gifLancer

Ohhh.. I didn't see this one. I only saw the Holy Grail  :D

Was this one very funny as well?

Brian: "You are all individuals!"

The crowd (in unison): "Yes, we are all individuals!"

Overrated: Love

Underrated: Fish

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

overrated: the Life of Brian

underrated: the Life of Brian

I organized a Classics movie night at UCR and had a showing of the Life of Brian. Some folks were more amused than others.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

It is thirty years old.

Probably the greatest legacy of the film was the live interview with John Cleese, Michael Palin and the Archbishop of Cantebury on tv, where Mr Palin tore sheets off the shamelessly running-away-and-hiding head of the Anglican church ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

What's Jpop? Do you mean Japanese Pop? :)

I do. I'm a fan of Amuro Namie. :p The New Year's Eve Pop Contest on NHK is the most fun pop event I've ever watched, even beating the Eurovision Song Contest.

That's a thought:

Overrated: Live8

Underrated: The Eurovision Song Contest

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Deadwood annoys me with their sudden switch from overly formal and verbose dialogue to obscene and/or profane rants. I watched a few episodes and found myself just laughing at the dialogue, rather than engaged by TEH DRAMAS!

Over: Turn based combat.

Under: The Goober PB&J. (The one with the peanut butter and jelly in one package.