Light/Dark Side Revan

Dear fellow Forum comrades, whom i do not wish to provoke:

I have read that you can get Revan to be light-sided by choosing certain dialogue choices. Is this true? If so how? I always end up with Revan being Dark-sided.

You do it very early in the game during your first conversation with Atton. He suggests that Revan invaded the galaxy, and you can either agree (which sets Revan to Dark Side), or you can correct him and say that you heard Revan actually saved the galaxy (which sets Revan to Light Side). In the same conversation he also mentions that Revan was a woman, and you can either agree or correct him by saying Revan was man, thereby setting the gender of Revan in a similar fashion.

One of the most important lines in the game.

If you set Revan as female, does that replace Admiral Cede with Carth?

LSM/F Revan is Carth.

DSM/F Revan is Cede...

I was annoyed, I thought it was only Cede if you chose DSF, but I was mistaken... that would have been so much cooler.

Side note: LSM Revan is the default setting for the game - if you choose to skip past the questions with "I could care less about Revan's fate" that's what you end up with 100% of the time.

Which is why that's how I select my LSM Revan games... so as to avoid the annoying, "Revan's a woman" bit from Atton. Really wasn't the best way of going about it - much better would have been:

Atton: ... a scrap that laid waste to the galaxy.

Exile:

1. I heard that he [did evil stuff]

2. I heard that she [did evil stuff]

3. I heard that he [did good stuff]

4. I heard that he [did good stuff]

Especially considering that Atton knows a fair bit about who Revan was... though it could be argued (if you choose the male Revan) that Atton generally tried to feign ignorance over the guy so as to divert suspicion from his past.

Ho hum.

Having said that, I prefer female Revan in a lot of ways... its just that the cutscene Revan is clearly of the male scout build... even though there's a "female robed Revan" model in the game (aside from not having a face, she looks *kickass*)... strange Bioware.

Side note: LSM Revan is the default setting for the game - if you choose to skip past the questions with "I could care less about Revan's fate" that's what you end up with 100% of the time.
But Atton by default believes Revan is female. I think the developers deliberately left the answer ambiguous. :wub:

By the way, what does your lightsaber look like if you tell Atton you don't care?

But Atton by default believes Revan is female. I think the developers deliberately left the answer ambiguous. :wub:

By the way, what does your lightsaber look like if you tell Atton you don't care?

It goes single hilt and whatever colour is associated with your Jedi class.

I can recommend to set Revan as LS, whatever you choose. Why?!

1) You can see Carth again (and Bastila if you set Revan as LS Male)

2) You can gain influence with Kreia / LS or DS points when you stand in front of Ajunta Palls tomb on Korriban.

Okay, on Korriban in Uthar Wynn's chamber you don't get Bastila's hologram but this will not give you anything.

Master Vandar lives!

But Atton by default believes Revan is female. I think the developers deliberately left the answer ambiguous. :)

But if you skip past the section there is no "Atton by default" as he says nothing on the matter... ;)

I'm not convinced it had to be left ambigious in the game, because Revan's gender and alignment is not ambigious, it's whatever the player has decided it is. What Atton says is fine - if he's actually as ignorant as he appears - but he knows a fair bit about who Revan was... so it seems like an out-of-character thing to say and used purely as a means to note the player's preferences.

It just had to accept what we said, light or dark, male or female - it didn't need Atton's correct/incorrect assumption - and the "Maybe you're right, maybe I just hoped Revan was a woman" was like "huh? What a stupid thing to say" maybe that was the point... having said that, the bloke delivered most of his Peragus-Force cage lines pretty poorly (improvement thereafter)... wrong emphasis on words yada yada.

"Excuse me if I don't shake hands, the field only causes mild electrical burns"... no emphasis on "mild" as there should have been.

"Now that's criminal." No emphasis on "that's" as was called for.

Wow, I'm picky :ermm: ... I guess it shows how much I like the rest of the game. Right?

Hmm, I don't know what the lightsaber looks like if you tell Atton you don't care... on my current game I told him it was a single hilt, but didn't give him the colour - so I guess it'll end up being blue, as I'm a guardian...

Double hilt, blue.

Seeing Atris hold that seemed to fit her quite well, especially with the whole place being full of cool colors (as opposed to warm colors)

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Yellow is ze best color. Do not deny it!

... I always chooze ze yellow lightzaber color. Though zilver is cool too.

Yez! That Atton iz a zneaky fellow. Curze you Atton, curze you!

thats annoying writing in Z replacing S

If you mess wit the Best,........

You Will Die Like the Rest

492476733_l.gif

One of the most important lines in the game.

If you set Revan as female, does that replace Admiral Cede with Carth?

LSM/F Revan is Carth.

DSM/F Revan is Cede...

I was annoyed, I thought it was only Cede if you chose DSF, but I was mistaken... that would have been so much cooler.

Which is why that's how I select my LSM Revan games... so as to avoid the annoying, "Revan's a woman" bit from Atton. Really wasn't the best way of going about it - much better would have been:

Atton: ... a scrap that laid waste to the galaxy.

Exile:

1. I heard that he [did evil stuff]

2. I heard that she [did evil stuff]

3. I heard that he [did good stuff]

4. I heard that he [did good stuff]

Especially considering that Atton knows a fair bit about who Revan was... though it could be argued (if you choose the male Revan) that Atton generally tried to feign ignorance over the guy so as to divert suspicion from his past.

Ho hum.

Having said that, I prefer female Revan in a lot of ways... its just that the cutscene Revan is clearly of the male scout build... even though there's a "female robed Revan" model in the game (aside from not having a face, she looks *kickass*)... strange Bioware.

err...excuse me but I don't understand...Who is Cede? I know Saul Karath, Dodonna and Carth but who's Cede? (sorry about this stupid question but I'm new in the KOTOR universe... :"> )

"Know that there was once a Darth Traya. And that she cast aside that role, was exiled, and found a new purpose. But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."

just a ramdon Admiral to replace Carth if Revan is darksider.

Thanks, so I'm going to do it as a darksider too...(only played as a light one...)

I don't like being bad :shifty:

Go on give it a stab :ermm:

you might like it :wub:

ok then let's go for it...but it's hard to change your character that way (sob)

Always thought Revan and Exile as good one...(like the original ending I think?)

Anyway how is the dark side ending?

just a ramdon Admiral to replace Carth if Revan is darksider.

Thanks, so I'm going to do it as a darksider too...(only played as a light one...)

I don't like being bad :luck:

Go on give it a stab :)

you might like it :lol:

ok then let's go for it...but it's hard to change your character that way (sob)

Always thought Revan and Exile as good one...(like the original ending I think?)

Anyway how is the dark side ending?

Just like the LS ending. Not fulfilling to what you expected.