Obsidian Forums Diplomacy Game 3 (OBS-03)

JAMES III HASTILY RECONSIDERS!

After deciding to hand over England to France last week, when Kaiser Von Lowenwiggen contacted James III to finalize troop movements and passing of command, James III reportedly told Von Lowenwiggen to procreate with himself, and informed him his mother was a tawdry whore. James released the following statement:

"Loyal people that live in this here country. The Kaiser of Germany is not such a nice guy after all, though his mother is a good lay. We shall try to prevail against France, and defeat the looming Russian menace. They'll get what's coming to them I assure you. Those poor poor Norweigans, struck down by the Russian's armies. Our armies shall, shall shuffle about a bit [Editor's Note: 'regroup'] and stand strong against all other nations. You know what France...BRING IT ON!"

There are also reports of dissension and talk of rebellion among the commoners, and an anonymous Londoner said "The king is totally off his rocker."

God save the King.

I gave my land to Germany...

Indeed, that was very generous of you to offer (as was :alanschu:'s offer to subcede into Russia). However, that's not the way the rules work I'm afraid.

---

what the hell is the problem? 

One might ask you the same thing. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you simply don't understand the rulebook. I am aware it can be stodgy and over-complicated at times.

---

Oh, wait. 

<counts number of Russia's military forces, counts number of everyone else's>

You are responsible for yourself in terms of the managment of your armed forces. I, amongst many of the others am more than happy to aid you in understanding the rules/theory etc. provided by the game therein. However, failing to proactively seek aid in helping yourself better comprehend the rules is no reason to begrudge another of their comparative success(es).

manthing2.jpg

...get Arch to fix a few of the errors.  :cool:

Now I know I have explained this many times, but Ill say it again. I was away from home and had no map to refer to when adjudicating F02. Any errors are derived thereof. I tried to correct them where I could, but I missed that involving Turkey.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

KING JAMES 'REPLIES'!

After the French President sent his message to King James the other day, the King proceeded to curse under his breath, buy a French flag, relieve himself on it, and then burn it and mix the ashes with his morning tea and bourbon, then in a rare moment of clarity, he made this statement:

"To the French President,

The assumption that you could ever conquer the great country of Britainnia is laughable given France's military record. The only reason you beat us in the Revolutionary war was because you were fighting alongside those American buggers, right tough lads they are, chip off the old block. Though we may have had our past differences, and though I may have professed to be an ally when I was in fact working with Germany, perhaps we should put out past differences behind them and take care of the looming Russian menace, only to take up our differences after that's set aside.

As it is now, Russia is poised to conquer all of Europe, and if we continue to bicker amongst ourselves, fun though bickering may be, we shall all be destroyed when the Reds come sweeping through our countries. They are quickly amassing their military might, and soon will be unstoppable if the nations of Europe don't band together for at least a short time and put the evil Tzar and his minions out of comission. After that we can, you know, start with the infighting again.

Awaiting yours, and all of the Nations of Europe's responses,

James."

150px-RoyalMeta.jpg

King Metadigital says "Oops"

Italy's regent was today making a statement about the current foreign affairs, when he was heard to say "Oops!". Apparently it wasn't the King's mistake (for we all know that he is the Earth-born divine monarch that has been sagely prophesised since time immemorial, and therefore cannot make mistakes), but the accidental joint operations held with long-time ally Austria in the Adriatic Sea. "Butter fingers," our King said, "I'm sure the men of Italy were only guilty of doing their job too well.

"My, don't the uniforms look nice, don't you think?"

In other comments, His Highness was heard to pity the Ottomans, "not much for fashion, are they, with those long flowing robes. I do like their moustaches, though they do tend to over-compensate for something, I wonder what it could be ..."

"I think Germany declared war on us the other day," the King mused nonchalantly, "I was chatting on the Marconi-long-talking-box with the good Kaiser von Lowenwiggin, and he said: 'I'm awfully sorry about this, old chap, but I'm afraid we're going to have to obliterate the Italian race and turn that part of the Mediterranean into a stone-age theme-park for the kinder. Terribly sorry, such ghastly news to have to bear, I know.' So just a little warning to those good folks up near Tyrolia to be well behaved and not to jump in front of any German munitions."

"That King James III is a bit of an eccentric, isn't he. I wonder if they learnt from us Romans that lead poisoning can lead to all sorts of mental maladies. Didn't the British learn anything from the Fall of the Roman Empire? I think he should stop drinking so much red wine, or else find a different way to ferment it, without the lead piped destillery. Same thing happened to Beethoven, y'know. Lead poisoning. Tragic. Would have finished that tenth symphony, y'know, maybe even a few more. I think the Kaiser might have been tipping a bit too much red wine jus into his cognac, too."

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

...get Arch to fix a few of the errors.  :cool:

Now I know I have explained this many times, but Ill say it again. I was away from home and had no map to refer to when adjudicating F02. Any errors are derived thereof. I tried to correct them where I could, but I missed that involving Turkey.

...and Austria. They're supposed to have 2 builds not 0. :-"

EDIT: Given that Archie is swamped, may I also suggest that we extend this deadline until the situation in Turkey & Austria is sorted out. :thumbsup:

manthing2.jpg

No he does not. He has 4 units and 3 SC's. He is right in that he must disband one.

Austria does get two builds, Turkey does not.

I think that he meant was "[losing the armenian army is an] Interesting choice - but that leaves you[,] Austria! You've [meaning Austria] got two builds."

:thumbsup:

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

OKay, I'm now getting confused as to what is going on. I only just realised that F NTH isn't in IRI as I had thought, though it isn't listed in the positions, I'm not sure what's happening with new players, or with the builds of other players that were missed, or is the deadline for S03 still stands as it is for tomorrow.

Either way, if we're pausing the game to find new players, or extending the deadline, I'm in favour. If we aren't, I'd like to request that we do so until everything is sorted out.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

I am not sure if Alan is still in, or if we are going to a longer schedule.

Wait - so no one's officially confirmed Bokisihi is now in the game? Now you've lost me... deadline extension anyone?

EDIT: I'm not sure we need to change to a longer schedule (unless that's what most of us want), but I'm merely suggesting we extend THIS particular deadline.

manthing2.jpg

Why was I not informed of Bokishi taking Alanschu's place until now? Should not the GM be the first to know?

Given that we have a new player, we will have an extension until Monday for Spring 03. Bokishi, I also need you to send me the Austrian build orders for Winter 02. You have two builds.

I find it kind of sad

Why was I not informed of Bokishi taking Alanschu's place until now? Should not the GM be the first to know?

Given that we have a new player, we will have an extension until Monday for Spring 03. Bokishi, I also need you to send me the Austrian build orders for Winter 02. You have two builds.

You need to take a Turkish disbandment as well.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I know we agreed on today as a deadline, but given that Bokishi is a new player, I will allow him another day to send in orders. This applies to any othes who have not submitted orders as well.

If need be, Bokishi, read the first post. It has my contact information and links to the rules.

I find it kind of sad

I gave him quite long enough to submit them. If I do not have them by this evening at 2400 UTC I will void his builds. And we will continue to Spring 03, due tomorrow. If he has not submitted orders by then. he will be evicted and we will need another player.

I find it kind of sad