Obsidian Forums Diplomacy Game 3 (OBS-03)

Hah! I had all my moves planned out, and just forgot to submit them, but I'm too busy to continue playing anyways.

Sorry guys. Guess I shouldn't have agreed to the shorter turn adjucation time period.

Too bad too. I had a triple attack into Venice, with the attacking army from the Adriatic Sea planned too.

If it's possible to officially give my land to someone, then I'd give it to Russia I guess.

Anyways, see you guys around.

Heh, I wasn't expecting mass abdications!

I'll admit that my lack of turn did affect my decision, as I'd be playing the rest of the game going "if only."

However, I'd also rather not play the game simply by doing "preliminary moves" at the beginning of every turn, and not getting a chance to get in much discussion or actual diplomacy.

I don't mind the game, and it was a joy discussing ideas with jags. Consider yourself lucky Meta. Jags knows why! :(

Guys, it's pretty poor form to quit the game because you are losing (whether by your own errors or not).

I would have expected more from you. After all, did you not anticipate that the game would take several weeks? :ermm:

I doubt many people will be offering to play more games online, and your efforts have contributed, in not a small way.

:huh:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I think you're being too harsh, Meta. If you have a great deal going on in your life, as Alanschu seems to, it is understandable that an optional internet game may be given a low priority. However, I agree that Eru had no good reason to quit.

Also, Ive updated the first post for W02. I had an appointment this morning and forgot about it. Sorry.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

Sure, but I think it's just not done. If you make a commitment then you should carry it through. I've got four games going, and I have turned down other invitations for other games; I can empathise, too: but I still don't think it is good form.

(I'm thinking more of Eru here: abondoning a game because you are in a worse position than you wanted is just not an excuse. It's a poor reason. Having unforeseen urgent RL commitments is a totally seperate matter.)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Guys, it's pretty poor form to quit the game because you are losing (whether by your own errors or not).

I would have expected more from you. After all, did you not anticipate that the game would take several weeks?

I doubt many people will be offering to play more games online, and your efforts have contributed, in not a small way.

I have tons of school preparations, not to mention I've been in huge crunch time with my Research internship.

It wasn't that the length of the game got me. In the end I should not have accepted the agreement to shorten the turn length. I did anticipate the game to take weeks. What I did not anticipate was the couple of solid days where I did not even have time to even check my email because of all the running around I was doing.

I also quit OBS-5, which hadn't even really started yet.

I would have expected more from you. After all, did you not anticipate that the game would take several weeks?

I have tons of school preparations, not to mention I've been in huge crunch time with my Research internship.

It wasn't that the length of the game got me. In the end I should not have accepted the agreement to shorten the turn length. I did anticipate the game to take weeks. What I did not anticipate was the couple of solid days where I did not even have time to even check my email because of all the running around I was doing.

I also quit OBS-5, which hadn't even really started yet.

Sure, as I said I was not quite so harsh in my judgement of your actions as Eru. (Would lengthening the speed of turns make a difference to your decision?)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Accelerated turns times are meant to be a convenience, not a hindrence. As such, I'm all for lenghtening turn times it means :alanshu: & SoE can join us. :cool:

Also: Archie, for the builds/removals you have Turkey as "none needed", but it does in fact require one removal.

This is a bit of a pickle as Skynet would now know what everyone elses builds are. On the other hand, he was not informed that he had to remove a unit. So as to whether he now specifies which unit is to be removed, or whether the GM chooses (on the maxim that units furthest away from HSC's are removed first, and then fleets before armies), is your call Archie. :devil:

manthing2.jpg

So what are we doing with the game?

Losing two players at once puts a serious wrench in the game.

I see three options:

1 - The players in both cases have decided to hand over their nation to another player. We could continue the game and do just that.

2 - We find new players to step in.

3 - We end the game.

I don't really consider continuing with 2 nations in anarchy to be an option. The point of the game is Diplomacy, and losing 2 players destroys diplomacy since the players aren't there to make deals with.

Also: Austria should have been prompted to have 2 builds this winter, Archie. :huh:

---

Additionally: Thanks for the table picture Arch. :)

All you need to do is remove the second http:/ insert between the image tags, so "user posted image" is replaced with this:

diplomacyobs03table8ri.png

:thumbsup:

manthing2.jpg

And turn down an offer of bukkake-free vodka?

Pretty much, yeah.

It goes like this:

I started the game not understanding, despite reading the manual.

Because of this I had no idea how supporting units worked.

Now France is in the English Channel, probably will have captured England within the next two turns.

Due to proper roleplaying, England hates France more than Germany at this time.

A minor setback perhaps, but you're hardly on the brink of collapse. I seriously doubt France will go for an all-out-invasion of England when it has the likes of Germany, Italy and the Ninja Chimp population of North Africa to worry about.

More importanly, did I mention the crate is sexually active & ribbed for your pleasure?

manthing2.jpg

KING JAMES III JOINS GROWING GERMAN EMPIRE!

In a press statement released earlier today, King James announced that "Yeah, those Kraut's ain't so bad, least they's a helluva lot better than them Frogs all up on my borders, so it is with no pleasure at all that you, my loyal citizens, shall join the German Empire in the hopes that we won't be having French as our national language in a few years." And thus, the country of England came to an end in a drunken and ill-advised way. As part of the deal, Germany has not only gained England's land, but their meager military forces. HEIL FUHRER VON LOWENWIGGEN!

Open Player Vacancies:

• Austria (applicant Bokishi's acceptance pending approval by the eccentric GM Archie)
  • England

--

One could have considered asking the Aishur - the English player in OBS-2 - to lend his expertise, but ironically it seems that he has gone AWOL. :thumbsup:

manthing2.jpg