Obsidian Forums Diplomacy Game 3 (OBS-03)

15th August 1901

Agence France-Presse

Perfidious Albion

Paris (AFP) - The recent intigue in Europe has been causing a mounting degree of paranoia throughout Europe, and the President of France, being the first to succumb and attack a non-existent enemy, gave a statement on French radio.

"Once again, the people of France find themselves suffering due to the lies of Perfidious Albion. Once again, the English have turned on us! We were sold lies by the slander-mechants in London, and it is with regret that I tell you that the Prime Minister, who has been dismissed, bought them hook, line, and sinker. We moved to defend ourselves against a German attack, and left the English channel open as we thought we knew who our friends were. In the end, the liars in England have shown us their true colours once more! They move to stab us in the back while we moved foolishly against our ally the Empire of Germany. To our citizens, and to the leaders of Germany, we offer our sincerest apologies for this mistake, and for our previous Prime Minister's paranoia. To Perfidious Albion and it's backstabbing rulers, we promise our Revenge!"

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Unrest with Soviet Activity Along Northern Border

The ArchDuke awoke earlier this week to concerns about a Soviet incursion in the Galicia region. Mr. FerdinAllan commented on the situation.

"I have not granted permission for Soviet troops to be within Austrian borders, and will investigate this matter with the utmost scrutiny," FerdinAllan stated. "I have sent an envoy to the Soviet ambassador to assess the situation, and deal with it appropriately. Furthermore, scouts have already been dispatched to Galicia to confirm the reports."

There is speculation that the reports are false, spawning from dissent among the males in the Galicia work force. There has been reports of "unfair scrutinization" of the men in the region from their wives and girlfriends.

"It's not fair!" states a man, whom wishes to remain anonymous. "I mean, we can't all be like FerdinAllan. The dude is a stud! Combining his stellar looks with his charm and personality is an unfair comparison for most men. I just want to be loved for the person I am, without having to worry about comparisons to our leader." We asked some of the women in the region about the rumours, but upon hearing our leader's name they either went hysterical with excitement or got dreamy-eyed. As a result we cannot confirm if the concerns of the men is substantiated.

A border dispute also occurred in the Tryolia region, although FerdinAllan is much less concerned about it. "I wouldn't worry too much about Tryolia," he said with a laugh. "It was just a misunderstanding and we dispatched our troops to inform him of the situation. I don't hold it against him, as it's not like we have magical machines that tell us precisely where we are. It's all been taken care of."

In other news, talks with the leaders of Serbia and Albania have all but confirmed their willingness to join the great country of Austria.

File Photo of the ArchDuke:

fabio_autogr_clear.gif

GRIEVOUS MISUNDERSTANDING WITH FRANCE!

Earlier today, King James III made a public announcement saying that there had been a "horrible misunderstanding" between the France and the English armies.

King James III is on record saying "Can't we all just get along? I mean, sure I don't trust you, and you don't trust me, but is the militarization of the English Channel really cause for alarm?" King James also said "There's plenty of room in Europe for all of us...until England runs out of room to expand and I start picking you off of course, but there's at least several decades until then, and until then we should all enjoy what peace we have."

After downing another Orange Screwdriver, King James said "Also, watch out for the monkies! No one ever suspects the monkies!"

God save the King.

I know the regs shouldnt mind, but just in case, I need verification from all players. Then we shall speed up to one year a week. (3 days for Spring, 3 days for Fall, 1 day for Winter)

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

I know the regs shouldnt mind, but just in case, I need verification from all players. Then we shall speed up to one year a week. (3 days for Spring, 3 days for Fall, 1 day for Winter)

Us Speed Diplo players are always up for it. The only reason we tend to play the first year or so Slo-Mo is for the benefit of newbies, Skynet. :)

manthing2.jpg

God save us from Ferdinallan's rampant self-image.

Fixed.

Fixed.

FerdinAllan Optimistic About Future

The Enquirer caught up with our illustrious leader, ArchDuke Franz FerdinAllan, as he was relaxing at the Monarch Retreat of Camp Heinrich, to discuss current Austria's plans for the future.

fabio_white_palm.gif

The Austrian Enquirer caught up with the leader of our fine country while enjoying a weekend in Camp Heinrich, Trieste.

"Well, as you can see, there's not a whole lot to worry about," he comments with a grin. "Things are on track in the Balkans, and the border disputes in the North and the West were simple misunderstandings. I've Spoken with Tsar Jags and Il Duce himself, and everything is perfectly fine."

The discussion then turned towards Austria's involvement in the Balkans. Currently regiments of the Austrian Royal Guard are on Ambassador duty, receiving audiences with both Albania and Serbia. Negotiations with the respective leaders indicates a strong possibility of them joining our great nation.

"Well, naturally the Serbian and Albanian people have plenty to contribute to our country," FerdinAllan remarked. "And they stand to gain a lot of additional influence in their region by associating themselves with a world power like Austria."

When asked about the Soviet and Turkish movement to the East, FerdinAllan simply states, "The Tsar and Sultan are merely doing what they feel is best for their country. Naturally if you can convince smaller nations to ally with your country, it breaks down barriers of local trade, strengthens the economy, and secures resources. It also strengthens their position when it comes to more international dealings. In the end all nations will benefit."

We at the Enquirer would like to thank the ArchDuke for taking time out of his weekend off to see us.

fab_on_a_horse.gif

FerdinAllan seen enjoying some horseback riding

In other news, enlistment in the armed forces has increased, with many people feeling it would be best to be prepared in case a neighbouring country decides to make claims on Austrian soil. 100,000 volunteers have joined in the past month. Of that, about 80% are women. For ArchDuke and Country I suppose.

fabio_autogr_clear.gif

I don't see Game 1 lasting much longer

Isn't it already over now that Baley quit?

Oh, and Monarch, did you recieve my orders? I sent them via email.

"Who could blame Skynet? He's such a cute, innocent, steel-bolted robot."

-Gauntlet

Is Archduke Queen?

Rumour in Italy is flying about the gender preferences of FerdinAllan.

Even though there are millions of adoring women apparently throwing themselves at him, he has not been seen actually doing anything. This has led many to speculate that he might be more interested in his pageboy, that always seems to accompany him everywhere (even into the lavatories).

Italian gossipmongers are sure that the royal shirt is lifted more in persuit of biting pillows than sowing his wild oats. "Just look at the guy," says Giovani Milani, a noted royal-watcher, "he even looks like he enjoys taking it up the exhaust."

The Italian government would not be drawn on the speculation.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Oh, and Monarch, did you recieve my orders?  I sent them via email.

First of all, call me Arch. Secondly, yes, I did.

As a matter of fact, I have received orders from all nations except one. You know who you are. :angry: :rolleyes:

Also, as for the quickened schedule, Eru is out of town, so I cant gain his approval, but we have 4 yea votes, 1 indifferent, and 1 nay-but-will-acquiese. Thus, I agree to the new schedule, seeing as there would be a supportive majority anyway.

EDIT: Also, a warning to new players: If there is any chance a unit will be displaced, include retreat orders in () after the regular orders. Thus, if a move fails and your unit is displaced, the unit would retreat to the listed province. A unit may not retreat to an occupied province or to the attacking province.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

Well thanks to Archmonarch for telling me about this before it was too late.

EDIT: Are there illegal moves with dislodgement? I imagine I can't "trade places" with the invading army, but could I dislodge myself into another nation's province?