Obsidian Forums Diplomacy Game 3 (OBS-03)

Do you somehow expect me to have predicted this event? I am much newer to Diplomacy than yourself, and possess a great deal less technical knowledge. I cannot be expected to understand every nuance and subtlety. It makes sense to me that this should be how things function. It is your prerogative to disagree, but as I said, unless you get a majority of the other players to agree with you, I doubt I will change it.

I don't expect for you to have predicted the event. What I did expect was that when the rules say that "Support is cut if the unit giving support is attacked from any province except the one where support is being given", that support would be cut under those circumstances.

It makes sense to me that how the rules we agreed to use at the start of the game say things should function should be the way those things function.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

What Im attempting to say is that it was impossible to predict such a situation would occur given my inexperience, thus how could I have changed the rules before the game? If someone had brought this up as a hypothetical, I would most likely have decided the same way.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

What Im attempting to say is that it was impossible to predict such a situation would occur given my inexperience, thus how could I have changed the rules before the game? If someone had brought this up as a hypothetical, I would most likely have decided the same way.

Yes, but now that we're here in the middle of the game, the rules should not be changed, regardless of whether it was a rule change you would have put in at the start of the game or not.

If I'm reading Eru/Flame's comments right, that makes myself, Jags, Skynet and Flame opposed to the change, making a majority of the players.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Hi, apologies for the delay in transmission. I think the rules are pretty clear on the particular matter, but I will agree that it is non-trivial interpreting them.

I have adopted the practice of asking the players to check my adjudications when I post them. This is a no-blame process, whereby the posted moves are auditable and available for everyone to see. It is just a matter of checking the interpretation.

Archie, try not to get too hung up on the adjudication process, because none of us has played Diplomacy for long; we're all learning this together.

I had an interesting problem which didn't eventuate in a previous move in OBS-2 (fortunately there was an additional support order which obviated the difficult question); I shall try to dig it up and post it to see what everyone thinks (over in OBS-2, after I adjudicate the latest moves).

:thumbsup:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I will fix everything when I can.

Rev can do it if you like Archie - he seems to understand the rules.

The problem, of course, with me adjudicating turns is that I am playing in said turns and it would be perfectly possible for me to cheat, as such. Not that I would, but the possibility of it happening is still present.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

The problem, of course, with me adjudicating turns is that I am playing in said turns and it would be perfectly possible for me to cheat, as such. Not that I would, but the possibility of it happening is still present.

Whilst theoretically true - it is highly unlikely you would be able to get away with it given that other experienced players (albeit with lesser prowess than yourself), would catch you out or at least dispute the ajudication: e.g. Ender, Meta, The Don etc.

No disrespect to Archie, but while he's been a most courteous and decent GM, he has made technical errors in conflict resolution almost every turn. With Mets this applies to a lesser extent. As for Ender, well there haven't been enough turns to judge. I know we're all learning together, but when all's said and done, you've been by far the cr

manthing2.jpg

Whilst theoretically true - it is highly unlikely you would be able to get away with it given that other experienced players (albeit with lesser prowess than yourself), would catch you out or at least dispute the ajudication: e.g. Ender, Meta, The Don etc.

No disrespect to Archie, but while he's been a most courteous and decent GM, he has made technical errors in conflict resolution almost every turn. With Mets this applies to a lesser extent. As for Ender, well there haven't been enough turns to judge. I know we're all learning together, but when all's said and done, you've been by far the cr

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

By cheating, I'm not talking about deliberately botching the adjudication.  I'm talking about writing my orders after I see everyone else's.  The only thing that can be disputed there is whether or not a particularly fortuetous turn of events for me was down to skill, luck or cheating.

If we can get someone to act as an intermediary, who would collect orders from all of us and then forward them to me after I'd sent in my own, I'd be willing to do the adjudications.  The intermediary would of course have to be someone who isn't in the game right now.

So in order to get Senator Kaftatine in power we must all make a vote of no-confidence in Supreme Chancellor Archorum. Got it. :p

Edited by jaguars4ever
manthing2.jpg

Obviously.

:-"

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

:-"

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Okay, starting today, I shall reassume my duties, providing no one ( <_< ) attempts a rebellion. Sorry for the delays, but Ive had some fairly important things going on lately. I will revise and post W03 later today, with S04 due Wednesday.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had