Closing Threads

EnderAndrew

In reporting posts directly to the mods I got no response. That is why I made a public thread. I've waited over a week for a response directly from a mod. I did try that avenue first, respectfully.

I also really like Finoavar. I think he a very polite and supportive guy. I do meet to criticize him, but merely ask a question or two.

In reporting posts directly to the mods I got no response.  That is why I made a public thread.  I've waited over a week for a response directly from a mod.  I did try that avenue first, respectfully.

I also really like Finoavar.  I think he a very polite and supportive guy.  I do meet to criticize him, but merely ask a question or two.

Well, you could also send any complaints about locked and/or lock-policies, instead of only "reporting posts" and post the things you don't agree with in a new topic..., instead of PM'ing that too.

And also give some explanation why the said topics should be publicly postable again.

(If you did, sorry, and ignore the above)

It wouldn't be the first time a post can get "unlocked", but as Forum Regular, you probably know that...

Fionavar is a very good mod, indeed. I have seen FAR worse on other Forums, yet

awfully little times better...

And if you wish just to ask 2 questions, I am pretty sure a PM with these 2 will be answered...

We have the ability to delete our own threads (in 'moderation options') - I'd like to have the ability to lock and unlock our own threads as well. It's frustrating to see a topic that you've made descend into the spam pits, and this might help to reduce spam and keep topics on track - sort of a 'time out'.

If Fionavar or the other mods are in the mood for answering question, I'd like to ask how many 'reports' or PMs they receive on a typical day, and how long it takes to answer them. Thanks in advance. :p

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

"In reporting posts directly to the mods I got no response. That is why I made a public thread. I've waited over a week for a response directly from a mod. I did try that avenue first, respectfully."

Ok. Rant away. You have my blessing; not that you need it. :p

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

We have the ability to delete our own threads (in 'moderation options') - I'd like to have the ability to lock and unlock our own threads as well.

Unlocking only if not a mod locked it, then it will be ok...

It's frustrating to see a topic that you've made descend into the spam pits, and this might help to reduce spam and keep topics on track - sort of a 'time out'

Best would be to, with the "Lock" ability to allow users to remove messages (from other users). But ONLY in their own made topics, to have the maximum "Time-out effect"

Also a nice and moderator-work-decreasing option would be a "Lock Vote"...

Like if xx amount (defined by active amount of users) finds it should be locked, it will automatically will...

We have the ability to delete our own threads (in 'moderation options') - I'd like to have the ability to lock and unlock our own threads as well.

Unlocking only if not a mod locked it, then it will be ok...

It's frustrating to see a topic that you've made descend into the spam pits, and this might help to reduce spam and keep topics on track - sort of a 'time out'

Best would be to, with the "Lock" ability to allow users to remove messages (from other users). But ONLY in their own made topics, to have the maximum "Time-out effect"

Yes, that's what I meant. Of course we shouldn't be able to override a mod's decision to close a thread.

Also a nice and moderator-work-decreasing option would be a "Lock Vote"...

Like if xx amount (defined by active amount of users) finds it should be locked, it will automatically will...

Hmmm, maybe. Worth a try, at least. I wonder how difficult these things are to incorporate into the forum software.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I'd have to unignore Nur Ab Sal and pour over them again, but he made several posts stating that Jews were genocidal people who wanted to see all non-Jews dead, most evil people are white, most Jews are racist, most Americans are racist, terrorism is a justified tactic, killing innocent civilians is justifiable, etc.

You dirty liar! I've never said that jews want all non-Jews dead. I only said that they have shovinist stance toward other people which is true. I said that most evil poeple I've met were white, not that white people are evil in general. About American racism - hmm there was no civil rights for blacks until 1960s right? Not to mention present acts of violence toward blacks and latinos. And I've never said that terrorism is a good tactic, only that you have brought it upon yourselves which is also true, cause you have trained Osama and thousands like him to kick Russians, you have also humiliated arab nations many times.

You have twisted everything I've said. You are a liar, a man without honor and a coward. I despise everything you are, cause you don't have balls to play fair and that's why you're shifty little man.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

You said in the same statement that Jews practice genocide and hate all non-Jews. Did outright say most evil people are white. And you defended terrorism are a valid tactic. You also said that countries deserved what happened to them. You are defending the tactics of terrorism and murder.

Rest assured that I reported your actual posts for the mods too see themselves. You'll be judged on that, not my spin, which should be enough to get you banned.

I still don't see why people who have shown themselves to be habitual spammers/flamers are still members of this board

Because life would be so boring without them o:)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Poor Fionavar.

He's trying way way too hard.

Hmm, where's phosphor?

Now that JE's back

Bring back the Overseer too!

All problems are solved.

The first one I bolded needs one more, the second has one too many...

I suggest you make it "where is", and get rid of "too".

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I would first like to thank all of you who have demonstrated a real passion for these fora. When I started doing this a long time ago @ BIS it was or this very reason - thanks for keeping the faith :)

I must admit that I will not debate modding style in fora - please feel free to contact me through PM. Why you may ask ... and let's say battle scars from trolls has made it so o:) Please feel free to discuss the fora and moderating in the constructuve and respectful manner in which you have generally done - you are being watched :-

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Not to mention present acts of violence toward blacks and latinos.

The present acts of violence against Blacks and Latinos? Is this the US you

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

Why'd you want to do such a mean thing? :'(

SAVE THE TROLLS!!!

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I like these forums. I like Fionavar. I've known the Big Green One for years, and have found him to be reasonable, consistant, polite, helpful and just plain nice. PM's are the best way to discuss one's specific concerns with a mod. I recommend it.

Also, the "Report" function is your friend. Use it responsibly, but use it.

Carry on.

Here's a question. If one person's persistently brusque, ill-informed and inflammatory posting style repeatedly annoys everybody else, should not that person be banned? Failing that, would everybody putting this person on ignore be a good idea?

Perhaps, perhaps not. Personality and right/wrong differences do not always equal a bannable offense. Also, forum bans are notoriously ineffective for actually keeping trouble-makers 'out' - there's many ways around & under them. A lot of people seem to think a ban is some kind of magic fence, but it's not.

The ignore feature this forum has is probably the best solution for users who do not wish to have to see certain other users input.

As someone else said....being a fair and impartial Admin/Mod is tough. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I like these forums.  I like Fionavar.  I've known the Big Green One for years, and have found him to be reasonable, consistant, polite, helpful and just plain nice.  PM's are the best way to discuss one's specific concerns with a mod.  I recommend it.

Also, the "Report" function is your friend.  Use it responsibly, but use it. 

Carry on.

I did use the Report function on several posts almost two weeks ago and I just heard back from Finoavar and it seems the reported posts were not received.

I am satisfied with the way the moderators have responded to my complaints and/or flames so far. Sometimes I get reprimended and sometimes my complaints are acknowledged. I have nothing to complain about on that front.

A function I would really like to see (but one that I'll never get) is the ability to 'ban' certain people on these forums from the threads I, myself, start. There are some people on these forums that are so ignorant and simple minded that their participation in any discussion never adds anything but anger and derailment. If I could stop those people beforehand from posting in the threads started by myself, I'd be a much happier (and less aggressive) board member.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I am satisfied with the way the moderators have responded to my complaints and/or flames so far. Sometimes I get reprimended and sometimes my complaints are acknowledged. I have nothing to complain about on that front.

A function I would really like to see (but one that I'll never get) is the ability to 'ban' certain people on these forums from the threads I, myself, start. There are some people on these forums that are so ignorant and simple minded that their participation in any discussion never adds anything but anger and derailment. If I could stop those people beforehand from posting in the threads started by myself, I'd be a much happier (and less aggressive) board member.

That sounds like a good idea...though it would require a 3rd party to ensure that it would not be abused... <_<