Closing Threads

EnderAndrew

I have recieved warnings in the past and that has got me to stop "spamming" and I stoped.

Although I didn't think I was really spamming, any ways, the point is that they do send people warnings, but I don't know if that stops people or if they send them to everyone that is spamming.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I have never been warned.

Way Off Topic posts don't count for post count. Perhaps they can make it so the Moderation folder doesn't add post count either.

That would be a tad silly. A lot of thread are archived there.

I would prefer deleted post not to be sent to Moderation but deleted directly.

I have never been warned.

You are like ten times worse than me when it comes to spam. I think Fionavar has been keeping his eye on me lately just because one time I turned one of my threads into a party thread...

Edit: Oh, and one time I got warned because there was a hokey topic, and I said "Hokey is gay." so I was sent a warning to not post like that again.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I have been warned; but not because of spam or my hateful, rasistic and annoying demeanor towards other members. That would be just wrong.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Not to be an old party pooper but every single forum I've ever been on, from large to small, ends up with a thread like this one. Or multiple threads.

There's no real solution to a lot of these things. Sometimes it's because of limitations to the forum software. Sometimes it's because forum-modding is not a public democracy.

There's a lot of well made points and debates here, and indeed, one or two that I'd not be sorry if they would/could be implemented - but the bottom line is that if one has really specific ideas about how they want a forum to be run/handled, one can create their own forum.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

:wub:

Very specific ideas? I thought these were just common suggestions.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I think draakh kimera's sig could be a quarter of the size and still clear and legible.  I'm surprised the boards have a strict limit for avatar size but not for sig size, but then you can turn the sigs off.

There are regulations to Sig Sizes...

Avatars and Signatures: Obsidian allows its users to associate a graphic image, or avatar, with their account. This image is displayed in posts underneath the user

:lol:

Very specific ideas? I thought these were just common suggestions.

Yes yes...I understand that. Nothing wrong with making suggestions, and as I said, I personally like some of them. I'm sure the mods here do too.

I think you missed my general point tho. Until you install and Admin a large forum yourself to find out what the program limitations and attempted policy enforcement is like, it's often hard to make realistic suggestions vs. emotional ones. That's all. *shrug

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

All images, regardless of text configuration, must fit within a perimeter of 125 pixels high by 600 pixels long

I had a PM from Fionavar once, just because I had one of like 150 instead of 125, and it got removed. This one it Alot bigger.

My complaint about many of the forum softwares I've investigated is that while you can set limitations to sizes and the like, often there is no option to really prevent people from linking to larger sized images, or to seperate certain definitions to only-sigs and not all images posted.

Often the image re-sizers do not work on hyperlinked images vs. direct uploads, or only resizes the physical dimmensions and not the KB size etc.

Some come pretty close to the kind of control I want tho...I'm about to purchase some licenses for a couple. :cool:

The only question I have with the mods is where the rest are? I havent seen anyone else than poor Fionavar and until a few months ago; Phosphor. These guys Antimatter and Hydrogen havent been logged in for a year or so :D

...there's that Crazy Joe in the KoTOR forums of course

You must be confusing him with Adria Teksuni.

Hydrogen's right here!

red_eyed_tree_frog.jpg

"Wassup Hydro?"

:D

manthing2.jpg

These guys Antimatter and Hydrogen havent been logged in for a year or so :D

I have definately been on more often than just last year. I have even closed threads in the past month.

In reporting posts directly to the mods I got no response.  That is why I made a public thread.  I've waited over a week for a response directly from a mod.  I did try that avenue first, respectfully.

I rarely send messages to people when they use "report to moderator", but I do check out the issue. If I have a question as to why the thread was reported, then I will write to the person who has reported the thread.

So, umm, has this topic been discussed fully or are we just going to add a few pages of derailment before Fionavar or myself closes the topic.

Some AotC reference or something.

He seems a good sport, and not overtly powermongering while locking something down.

I find many people take a lock down of a thread they created to be some personal insult or something. Which reminds me that people should be less sensitive.

...And more conscientious. Sure, folks get their feelings hurt a tad too easily. That's fair. ...But some folks go out of their way to be nasty, and that's just not right, either.

It's hard to admit you've been a jerk and try to make ammends, I know. Still, if some folks should be less sensitive about themselves, then other folks should be more sensitive to everyone else.

Oh, but we're guys, right? So we have to prove how manly we are by being abrasive, abusive, and assinine. No, actually, we don't. If you don't like the word sensitive, try honorable or noble. Those are great RPG terms, aren't they? ...But before they enjoyed great status in RPGs, they were terms to describe the best of people. It doesn't make you less "manly" to think before you speak. It won't always work that way, I know from experience, but it's a damn sight better than trying to indulge your worst instincts.

CALL 1-800-DIAL-A-SERMON today!

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

However, I feel that the "jerks" prey on people's sensitivities.  If you're not so sensitive, the jerks don't bother you :D

It's not for the sensitive to mask their sensitivities on the forum. It's for the jerks to rein in their jerkness. Don't blame the victim!

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I'm blaming both. But jerks prey on the sensitivities of others, and they aren't going to stop, because they are psychologically reinforced, via classical operant conditioning, to continue doing it, given they get pleasure from bugging the piss out of others.

It gets the point where you can't say anything without pissing someone off. And once you cater to the "victim," then other "victims" that weren't catered to get upset and press for their own voices to be heard.

Admittedly, I speak as a white male, so I haven't experienced large scale oppression. I do however feel sympathy to the institutional prejudices that exist in North America, and I can understand the merits of various affirmative action plans, as well as understand specifically what they are trying to accomplish.

I'm not asking for the sensitive to mask their sensitivities. I'm asking for them to not be stupid with their sensitivites. The biggest group that pisses me off are those that "champion" the sensitivities of others. For instance there was a hockey dispute where Don Cherry said "The only people that use visors are Europeans and the French." However, many MANY people, that do not qualify as Europeans nor French [Canadian] cried out to "protect" some people that didn't even need protecting. Ironically, upon further analysis, it turned out that Don Cherry was correct...the majority of people that wear visors were in fact European players and French players.

I hate it when other people, in their self-righteous journey, come out to protect someone (or some people) that don't need, nor want, protecting. I even remember when my neighbour was complaining about our busride home, which required about a 5 minute walk home for me (and about a 1 minute walk home for her). However, her "support" for her complaint was "Think about Allan, he has to walk so far" when in fact I didn't mind the walk. Crap like that pissed me off too!

Anyways, enough ranting for now.

I find it vcery curious that ' p e n i s ' is a banned word, even though it is the most scientific and accepted name for the male organ avilable. Meanwhile other "naughty"words such as

coitus

fellatio

cunnilingus

vagina

rectum

are still allowed. :D

p.s

And it seems Ive falsely accused Hydrogen of being inactive, my thesis is correct about Anitmatter though, his latest post was over a year ago (june 14, 2004).

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

For instance there was a hockey dispute where Don Cherry said "The only people that use visors are Europeans and the French." 

Apparently they're also the only people that are smart, then... ::takes cover:: :ph34r:

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.