The best SW movie

Dark Moth

What is your favorite Star Wars episode?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Star Wars episode?

• Episode I (TPM)
    • Episode II (AOTC)
    • Episode III (ROTS)
    • Episode IV (ANH)
    • Episode V (TESB)
    • Episode VI (TROTJ)

I'm thinking of getting the box set DVD for the prequels.  I'll comment in-depth after I've wached all 3 again.

The sequels definitely pwn the prequels' lightsaber fights and for imagery.  What they miss though is a likeable character like Han Solo and the fun feeling of adventure (M.Falcon capers etc).

ummmm are you thinking of the sequels as Ep's 1 2 and 3? because they were the ones without Han, but they had the better lightsaber fights........ GAH STOP CONFUSING ME.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I would do this order:

IV

V

VI

III

II

I

To me it's a bit strange how everyone thinks so well of ROTS, while complaining so much about the other prequels. I thought that the first part of ROTS was as bad eps I and II. Granted, it was a lot of fun to watch the Jedi getting killed "en masse" and see all that evilness taking hold of the galaxy but it still didn't make up for that awful first half.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

To me it's a bit strange how everyone thinks so well of ROTS, while complaining so much about the other prequels. I thought that the first part of ROTS was as bad eps I and II. Granted, it was a lot of fun to watch the Jedi getting killed "en masse" and see all that evilness taking hold of the galaxy but it still didn't make up for that awful first half.

The "cuteness" the first half hour or so of ROTS was reminiscent of TPM. Although admittedly funny, I felt it didn't fit well alongside the much darker hour and a half that followed. I felt like this detracted from the movie slightly, (especially for one that was billed to be very dark)although, still overall a pretty good movie.

It is ironic though that nobody complains about this in ROTS yet on first mention of the ewoks of ROTJ most don't hesitate to trounce that movie.

image002.gifLancer

One of the best bits in Ep 2 is when Jango was relieved of his head, oh how i laughed. o:)

That was a good bit. The whole sequence was like Helms Deep, even to the point of having "Gandalf" ride to the rescue with the army.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I felt the same way.  I remember looking at the crowd of people in the theatre ,  all with their jaws dropped... :wub:

Am I the only one who thought it looked really silly?

Probably :(

No. And when I saw the Yoda fight scene I nearly burst out laughing. (I actually did when everyone else did) AOTC was by far the most kiddish of the movies.

I think Ep2 is a little underrated. To some degree Lucas' imagination was no longer constrained by technology like perhaps it was 20 years ago. If not for the awkward romance, the prequels would get higher ratings.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

Episode IV.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

I concur. I watched it in opening night theatre full of SW geeks Anthony daniels even came out to introduce it and I was like OMG this is awesome. On subsequent viewings this opinon changed - i am thankful for teh abilty to skip chapters. :D

I heard that the IMAX version was cut short to fit the reel and they cut out all the crappy romance bits.