The best SW movie

Dark Moth

What is your favorite Star Wars episode?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Star Wars episode?

• Episode I (TPM)
    • Episode II (AOTC)
    • Episode III (ROTS)
    • Episode IV (ANH)
    • Episode V (TESB)
    • Episode VI (TROTJ)

Star Wars.

That's the first one.

None of that 'New Hope' stuff for me.

Granted, I know it's partly because it's the first one I saw, and I was a kid to boot, so I have the 'wow space effects have never been like this before!!' memories to keep me fond of it forever. :(

I liked the Empire Strikes Back better than ROTJ, but I've never quite understood why so many people like ESB better than Star Wars.

I guess I don't like little green puppets that much - most of the training Luke stuff bores me. I did like the ending a lot, tho - Vader/Luke and all that. I even sniffled when Han Solo said "I know." :D

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Definitely Episode V for me.

The original movie was eye candy and adventure on mass scale, but in Empire Strikes Back, the story truly turned epic and the tone became much grittier and menacing, and yet the movie was somehow far more mature in its conflicts than its predecessor.

They dropped that in Jedi, however, which was too much muppet show and too much rerun of earlier ideas otherwise. Again a death star threatens the heroes, again the rebels attack it, again Luke and Vader battle, etc. The effects and the 40+ minutes finale were good though - others have tried to pull a finale like that, but I know of no one else to have succeeded as they did in ROTJ.

Episode III was pretty good, though I also like Palpatine's manipulations in Episode II - they're sublte there - but neither of them can reach the original movies (except ROTJ - I consider ROTS a better movie than ROTJ).

And who on Earth voted for Episode I ?!? :blink: