The best SW movie

Dark Moth

What is your favorite Star Wars episode?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Star Wars episode?

• Episode I (TPM)
    • Episode II (AOTC)
    • Episode III (ROTS)
    • Episode IV (ANH)
    • Episode V (TESB)
    • Episode VI (TROTJ)

I liked ROTJ the best.

I'm a big Emperor fan and he was just plain evil in this film - he looks stupid in ROTS when he ages and whithers and develops a bum-crack down the middle of his forehead.

I'm not a big fan of Ewoks but prefer them to Gungans, and the Jabba stuff was also good, plus the speeder-bike sequence and final space battle - oh yeah!

I know a lot of people like ESB but I don't like Yoda and so much time is wasted with him and whiney Luke I can't make it top dog.

Of the prequels I actually liked AOTC the best - if only for the last half-hour which was some of the most viscerally thrilling action I've seen for ages. The less said about the Padme/Anakin drivel the better though.

ROTS was disappointing because the actions of the characters were a little unbelievable - Anakin goes from holding a lightsaber to Palpatine's throat to kneeling at his feet in about 5 seconds. I would have preferred it if they took more time on his corruption - it would have been awesome to see him secretly training with Palpatine while the council thought he was their spy!

For some reason EPII makes my skin crawl. It's the only one that I would actively avoid watching. I dont think EP I is good, but I would still watch it if I had nothing better to do. I'd rather mow the lawn than watch EPII.

If it were a choice between EPII and a rectal exam I'd still have to think about it.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Asteroids don't concern me, Admiral.

If only Lucas had been able to keep the pace of the beginning RotJ for the whole movie...

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I know I am in the minority but I thought ROTJ was clearly the best out of the original trilogy. It did the most interesting part of the Ep4-6 storyline being the climax, was also the most emotional/sentimental, and action-packed out of the 3 originals. Not to mention that it introduced us to someone even creepier and more evil than Vader-- Palpatine. Definitely makes my skin crawl.

This and ROTS were my favorites. After that TESB and ANH are a distant 3rd and 4th respectively.

I am not even going to bother with Ep1 or Ep2.

image002.gifLancer

For some reason EPII makes my skin crawl. It's the only one that I would actively avoid watching. I dont think EP I is good, but I would still watch it if I had nothing better to do. I'd rather mow the lawn than watch EPII.

If it were a choice between EPII and a rectal exam I'd still have to think about it.

I hate AOTC but you rather mow the lawn?! I don't hate it THAT much.

Asteroids don't concern me, Admiral.

If only Lucas had been able to keep the pace of the beginning RotJ for the whole movie...

Ok, I must be wierd cause I thought the begining of ROTJ was the worst part of the movie. The only good part about Jabba's Palace was Leia. But I think ROTJ in general was pretty crappy. Almost as bad as AOTC, ALMOST.

1. Star Wars (1977) Lucas should have quit after this one.

2. Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (1980) Too dark for me. "I am your father" ruined the series.

3. Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (1983)

4. Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999) Would have have been better than Episode VI if not for Jar Jar ****ingBinks

5. Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (2005)

6. Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones (2002)

"Star Wars: Clone Wars" (2003) I am tempted to put this ahead of Episode I - III

i believe the term is grasshopper #

Kel I too think that Clone Wars should be higher than ATOC. Thank you......

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I liked Attack of the Clones, but I don't think it's better than say A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, or Revenge of the Sith.

AoTC had some horrid dialogue but it had great action set pieces, less Jar-Jar than TPM and no little kid running around going "Yippee!"

Anyway I think I'm gonna go with episode 3,it bored me less.

Episode 3 for me too.

Edisode 4, not enough jedi stuff and too much of a product of certain era.

Episode 5, inbetween...

Episode 6, ewoks.

Epsiode 1, young anakin and jar jar.

Episode 2, romance between anakin and padme.

agreed about all that, especially the Anakin & Padme love scenes, i mean get a room :rolleyes:

I'm thinking of getting the box set DVD for the prequels. I'll comment in-depth after I've wached all 3 again.

The sequels definitely pwn the prequels' lightsaber fights and for imagery. What they miss though is a likeable character like Han Solo and the fun feeling of adventure (M.Falcon capers etc).

Spreading beauty with my katana.